Beketov CoDCast Questions

Beketov

@Beketov

Any good Christmas presents?

VHL cup favorites?

Do you think that Quebec's rebuild is starting off right? 

Did Quebec get fair returns for the fire sale?

Do you think the change to 8 teams is making the league healthier overall?

Thoughts on the first VHL player without a line assignment, other than a bot? (Hrdina - STZ and I discussed the idea where I'd come up to the VHL, but I'd float around for extra minutes like a bot, but with more TPE than a bot. He was never going to become anything long term, and basically wasn't auto-retired just so I could prove to myself I was actually back)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Should have time this weekend for a CoDCast. Can I get some questions perhaps? With new league rules going into effect there should be plenty to talk about.

@der meister @Phil @tfong @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @Smarch @Beaviss @Devise

Plans for additions to the VHL Portal and when is the final release date if any?

Ottawa is having a record breaking season in the VHLM thoughts? 

To add on the Ottawa theme Warlock is destroying the VHLM thoughts?

Someone is giving you $500 but they're making you bet it on the winner of the league this year. You can bet it in any increments you want (all 500 on the team you think will win, or split it among 2-3 teams to hedge your bets in different amounts, or evenly 62.50 per team if you really felt the need to do that, etc). How do you choose to bet it?

Do you think I can get Calgary into the playoffs next season?

Who is your cup favourite this season and next?

Who do you feel is the best draft prospect for the S59 Entry Draft?

Does the league have more proposed changes coming in the offseason?

Is it true that Devise can open the welfare posts to go back and claim all the ones he missed while nobody else can? His GM thinks yes.

With the influx of new members due to the new welfare rule and the contraction, is it fair to say this league is about to get way more competitive?

Not a questions but thanks for all the positive changes and helping to make this league a better place, I appreciate it even if others are butthurt.

You have to start a new colony with a bunch of women and one other guy. You get to choose between punk and boobabee to be the other male, which one do you take?

What is the nicest thing to see in your hometown?

If you were given one nHL player to start your franchise who would you take?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Short notice but I may have time to record tomorrow so does anyone maybe have some questions for me? Keep in mind these count for press conference points now.

@der meister @Phil @tfong @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @Smarch @Beaviss @Devise

1. Thoughts on the new changes?

2. What is one change you really like? What is one you dislike?

3. What is an idea you wish the VHL would adapt?

4. Thoughts on 10 season careers as opposed to 8 - especially with the harsher system?

5. Thoughts on themed PT's?

----------------

6. Thoughts on the VHLM? What in your eyes will make it better and more lovable among members?

7. Who do you think wins S59? We've had good enough experience to know stacked rosters don't always (nor usually) win.

8. Who is the leagues most underrated player? Most overrated? 

9. Where do you see the VHL in 10 seasons? Better? Worse? More members? Less members? The same? ETC. 

10. After Sokolov, what is your next player gonna be? Goalie, yayadadada. 

I've been replaying some MW Remastered as of late, and after my Plus went down I revisted the Campaign which I hadn't done in years. I was shocked, stunned to find how old it felt. Mechanically it was all still there, but the encounter design was so outdated it made it near unplayable. Enemies spawning out of nowhere, moments where the game seems to just want you to freeze in one place and pick people off. Granted some of it probably has to do with how modern shooters especially now are all about big open areas and movement, and giving the player far more freedom. But trying to do that with some of those missions felt like trying to brute force a jigsaw puzzle. 

As for a question, what if any games have you had trouble going back to due to outdated designs etc?

Also, just for the lols, why didn't you tag @boubabi in the thread for questions. Are you trying to silence the most vocal and supportive member of our community? 

11 minutes ago, Devise said:

I've been replaying some MW Remastered as of late, and after my Plus went down I revisted the Campaign which I hadn't done in years. I was shocked, stunned to find how old it felt. Mechanically it was all still there, but the encounter design was so outdated it made it near unplayable. Enemies spawning out of nowhere, moments where the game seems to just want you to freeze in one place and pick people off. Granted some of it probably has to do with how modern shooters especially now are all about big open areas and movement, and giving the player far more freedom. But trying to do that with some of those missions felt like trying to brute force a jigsaw puzzle. 

As for a question, what if any games have you had trouble going back to due to outdated designs etc?

Also, just for the lols, why didn't you tag @boubabi in the thread for questions. Are you trying to silence the most vocal and supportive member of our community? 

check my PM

42 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Short notice but I may have time to record tomorrow so does anyone maybe have some questions for me? Keep in mind these count for press conference points now.

I'll be trying to post 10 questions a week for the Legion to answer if they want. So, I guess if you want you can use some of those for your podcast. :P

I already have the presser set up.

• Commissioner
32 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Aye, devise's first post of the week. 

Considering he tagged jericho, jardy and evrydayimbyfuglien, not quite sure those tags are thoughtful 

Let’s just say I don’t update the tags very often.

• Commissioner

Can’t stream tomorrow night so I’ll probably record a CoDCast instead. Questions?

The new site partnership seems to have worked. Any thoughts?

Big three way trade any winners or losers?

Quebec Meute are rebuilding any thoughts on how long you think it will take?

Fortnite or PUBG?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Pretty sure I still haven't answered those Kendrick questions from like a month ago so I'll do those. Anyway, my plan is to record probably early tomorrow morning so any questions for me boys? Keep in mind these can count as questions for PC's so that's a bonus.

@der meister @Phil @tfong @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @Smarch @Beaviss @Devise @Shaka

Edit: Also, that's fun. I copied my tag from the old theme where tags were gold not block and then added Shaka on this one so man he stands out now.

Think you would ever do a fortnite version or ever another game other than cod?

What are your thoughts on the shorter Season idea?

Any ideas how to make the regular season More active?

I’m a giant fan of the Prospect rankings when are coming back? 

• Commissioner

Not sure when I’ll be able to record this, maybe Friday morning. What I do know is I could use some questions.

@der meister @Phil @tfong @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @Smarch @Beaviss @Devise @Shaka

I’m starting to run out of questions so these might be vague.

With Devises lack of activity do you see the league adding to the blue team? And if so any people you would put forward?

If there was one team you could relocate who and why? Are you a fan of people being able to relocate teams?

Im a fan of giving new members “jobs” as it gives them a reason of coming back everyday (See me and spade and exlax)

any thoughts on a job that new people can do other than review?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Will record either some morning this week or early this weekend. Either way I'll be needing questions. Added a few new names to the tag just because we haven't seem them around in awhile. Welcome back guys. Keep in mind these can count as questions for press conferences.

@der meister @Phil @tfong @Banackock @JardyB10 @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @Smarch @Beaviss @Devise @Shaka @iRockstar @Ahma @Quik