Major Off-Season Changes

Beketov

36 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Little bit longer of an off-season! Nice. I'll need it with the heavy lifting that'll be coming for myself and GM/financier etc. 

This is a good point I haven't seen addressed (publicly at least) as well: I'm assuming the salary cap structure is changing since everyone's about to be earning a lot more TPE?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

This is a good point I haven't seen addressed (publicly at least) as well: I'm assuming the salary cap structure is changing since everyone's about to be earning a lot more TPE?

The cap will remain for this season since we won’t yet be seeing a dramatic increase in TPE until the end of the season at the earliest. At that time we will re-evaluate how the cap is looking.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

The cap will remain for this season since we won’t yet be seeing a dramatic increase in TPE until the end of the season at the earliest. At that time we will re-evaluate how the cap is looking.

... so the TPE extras given out to people for past updates aren't counting towards actual TPE/against the cap?

For any members of the SBA or EFL this system will sound familiar. Press Conferences allow members to ask and answer questions in order to earn TPE. Questions are answered as your character so it's a great opportunity to get creative and give some character to your players. As mentioned, you can earn TPE by either asking for answering questions. 1 TPE is earned from either answering 3 questions or asking 5 unique ones and each player can earn 2 TPE capped per week. As an added bonus, asking questions to Podcasters for their PT will count as press conference questions.

^^^ I like this  GJ blue team

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

... so the TPE extras given out to people for past updates aren't counting towards actual TPE/against the cap?

Well isn’t the egg on my face for forgetting about that part of it.

As of right now I will say the compensation TPE is not counting this season and the cap will remain. However, we will discuss if we want to have it count and increase the cap or not.

As of right now I will say the compensation TPE is not counting this season and the cap will remain. However, we will discuss if we want to have it count and increase the cap or not.

A cap increase would be beautiful - just saying! Especially with the contraction of 2 teams, plus newer members and systems put in place. 

Would allow potentially deeper roster - whichever i feel we'll be seeing soon-ish and will allow for some form of organization stability.

Ill crank out finances a little deeper tonight and send it your way @Beketov - though it's not quite set in stone with updates still likely to come in and I'm just talking off the top of my head! :) 

• Senior Admin

Yeah I’d agree, just don’t count the compensation TPE against the salary cap brackets this season. All other off-season TPE still counts but in determining brackets, @Banackock can subtract the compensation TPE. 

And then next season when we see how much TPE is increasing we can tweak the brackets. 

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

@Beketov @Will

can someone unhide my updates in my update thread for ay ay ron and cornerstone

They aren’t hidden, they just weren’t approved since you had tried to update while you were still banned. I’ll go approve them and you can modify them as needed.

Edit: @Will beat me to it. Point is you can modify them.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, STZ said:

So GMs are expected to submit questions for Press conferences?

It’s up to them. Each team is allowed to have a pinned topic for weekly questions that their players can answer so GM’s can offer 5 questions for all their players or what not. It allows GM’s to get their points and makes sure that players have questions. It’s not a requirement however.

• Commissioner
Just now, boubabi said:

is

"whats your favorite color" a valid question 

Gonna say no; even though I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic.

We’ll be posting the official regulations on PC’s today or tomorrow but more or less questions must be league related. We’re okay going a little off-topic (the same as we are with podcasts) but it would be nice to bring things more or less back around as much as possible. Obviously it’s uktimately up to @DollarAndADream‘s discretion.

because it could be very vague imo, and not quite sure you want the blue team/dollar monitoring the question's validity all the time. I mean, its not like there was no shit question asked for a podcast, but again, its finding the line between a good question, or a question just for dem tpez

• Commissioner
Just now, boubabi said:

because it could be very vague imo, and not quite sure you want the blue team/dollar monitoring the question's validity all the time. I mean, its not like there was no shit question asked for a podcast, but again, its finding the line between a good question, or a question just for dem tpez

Obviously that line will be found. It’s no different than any other PT being league related. Obviously we aren’t monitoring everything so some will squeak through but for the most part people will be good about it.

We do want to have fun with it so not every question needs to be directly related to the sim or what-not. As long as it’s something that could be related back it’ll be fine. An example someone (I honestly don’t recall who) gave would be like,

”How do you think Trump’s administration will have an effect on travel for European games”

obviously thats not directly related since it’s kinda going for a Trump opinion but they made it relate back to the league somewhat. Even asking like “what games do you play in your downtime” is fine because it helps build up these characters we have created. We aren’t going to be too strict on it but we don’t want to have people asking favourite colours either.

I think it could also be nice to add a variant for sig makers as well. I think gfx makers could be more interested in a "sig of the week" instead of a press conference

How I see it, it would be a sig that needs to be fresh (newly done) that follows a theme/and approved by someone weekly, or bi-weekly. For exemple, a theme could be as easy as : forwards, defensement, goalie, new member, rookie, vhlm player

or a little bit more complex like : green themed, grunge, duplicate, strokes, manip, etc

that would favor fresh sigs and a more healthy gfx community