Major Off-Season Changes

Beketov

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I think it could also be nice to add a variant for sig makers as well. I think gfx makers could be more interested in a "sig of the week" instead of a press conference

How I see it, it would be a sig that needs to be fresh (newly done) that follows a theme/and approved by someone weekly, or bi-weekly. For exemple, a theme could be as easy as : forwards, defensement, goalie, new member, rookie, vhlm player

or a little bit more complex like : green themed, grunge, duplicate, strokes, manip, etc

that would favor fresh sigs and a more healthy gfx community 

This has been talked about, for both graphics and articles. With the mag coming back, a weekly feature is something that could be introduced fairly soon, and would be a nice use of the portal to highlight some of our members' work. At this point, it's mostly about ironing out the details.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Podcast questions being slightly off is different though because a podcast can take 40 minutes to do.

Which is why we’re saying slightly off. Don’t want people answering 6 questions that are all obviously not league related but if I ask 5 questions about the sim and then one kinda general one (keeping in mind, this is still answered from the player’s Perspective) that’s fine.

How picky we’ll be about league related will depend mostly on how the questions are looking and we can adjust our expectations accordingly if we need to.

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I think it could also be nice to add a variant for sig makers as well. I think gfx makers could be more interested in a "sig of the week" instead of a press conference

How I see it, it would be a sig that needs to be fresh (newly done) that follows a theme/and approved by someone weekly, or bi-weekly. For exemple, a theme could be as easy as : forwards, defensement, goalie, new member, rookie, vhlm player

or a little bit more complex like : green themed, grunge, duplicate, strokes, manip, etc

I do like the idea and I like to keep things balanced. We’ll look into something like this. If you flush it out any more feel free to PM it my way and I’ll bring it up in the BOG.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, STZ said:

@Beketov

How about inactive players getting compensated? Can GMs use their banked compensation TPE?

Inactives will receive compensation the same as anyone else. Yes, GM’s will be able to apply the compensation for those players.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Podcast questions being slightly off is different though because a podcast can take 40 minutes to do.

Personally, I'm fine with some off-topic stuff. Obviously, it'd be nice for everything to relate back to the sim/league/players, but it's just not going to happen. Like boubabi said, things will get pretty stale pretty fast if everything is "how do you feel about your player this week?" or "what do you think of your team's chances?"...

A bit of variety is fine, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If it gets to a point where members are abusing it, then that'll be up to updaters to bring to DAAD's attention, for him to figure out how to handle it, and possibly escalate up to the blue team, if need be.

Let's remember that this league is supposed to be fun, so having hard and fast rules isn't exactly the perfect structure.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Which is why we’re saying slightly off. Don’t want people answering 6 questions that are all obviously not league related but if I ask 5 questions about the sim and then one kinda general one (keeping in mind, this is still answered from the player’s Perspective) that’s fine.

How picky we’ll be about league related will depend mostly on how the questions are looking and we can adjust our expectations accordingly if we need to.

I do like the idea and I like to keep things balanced. We’ll look into something like this. If you flush it out any more feel free to PM it my way and I’ll bring it up in the BOG.

My response was to Boubabi who seems to think everyone will go out an abuse the system with questions like it wouldn't be pointed out right away. Not everyone is on here purposely looking to exploit things.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

My response was to Boubabi who seems to think everyone will go out an abuse the system with questions like it wouldn't be pointed out right away. Not everyone is on here purposely looking to exploit things.

Gotcha, didn’t fully come off that way.

In any case, we’ll be keeping an eye on it. Like you said, I’m sure t will get called out pretty quick if it’s being obviously abused.

1 minute ago, Quik said:

Personally, I'm fine with some off-topic stuff. Obviously, it'd be nice for everything to relate back to the sim/league/players, but it's just not going to happen. Like boubabi said, things will get pretty stale pretty fast if everything is "how do you feel about your player this week?" or "what do you think of your team's chances?"...

A bit of variety is fine, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If it gets to a point where members are abusing it, then that'll be up to updaters to bring to DAAD's attention, for him to figure out how to handle it, and possibly escalate up to the blue team, if need be.

Let's remember that this league is supposed to be fun, so having hard and fast rules isn't exactly the perfect structure.

I'm on board, i think you and bet read into my comment differently. I'm just saying with a 40 minute podcast, questions are going to be off topic because its 40 minutes to fill. With Press Conferences it takes 5 minutes tops.

Also, I'm in the SBA and have seen these for seasons; people are talking too much about something so simple haha

Just now, Kendrick said:

You are naive if you think shit questions won't be asked at some point. It's called being preventive. 

Just now, boubabi said:

You are naive if you think shit questions won't be asked at some point. It's called being preventive. 

I'm not naive, I know at some point they will. Just saying it's not like the question maker is the only one viewing the ones he asked, they'd get called out pretty quickly.

not quite sure dollar will be the one stepping up to a question he seems wack. I mean, "what's your favorite season" could be a question someone ask pretty seriously, but it's a wack question

Just now, boubabi said:

not quite sure dollar will be the one stepping up to a question he seems wack. I mean, "what's your favorite season" could be a question someone ask pretty seriously, but it's a wack question

Everyone’s answer is Fall..

Edited by STZ

• Commissioner
Just now, STZ said:

Everyone’s answer is Fall..

Not as cold as winter, not as hot as summer, not as wet as spring. Why wouldn’t it be fall?

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, boubabi said:

The way questions are presented to other members already censores out non-league related stuff a bit though. Because you guarantee at least one other member is seeing it you’re less likely to post something bullshit that won’t count. Meanwhile an MS could be unrelated and have no one see it. The chance is there with all PT’s.

All we can do is say that things should be kept mostly related and monitor in case things aren’t being done. Being preventative stops at that. The rules will be in place, if people don’t follow them then there’s no amount more prevention we could have had.

• Senior Admin
47 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Good ideas, I do agree there should be more options for GFX now 

Love all of these changes, and I've seen the Press Conferences in the SBA for awhile. It has looked like a pretty good system, and people generally seem to follow the rules without much trouble. As a GM, although it's brought up to not be necessary, I'll still feel obligated to come up with questions every week. :P That's not too bad though.

Although, it would be great if more people would join the reviewing team. I've been getting like 1-2 people per week lately. :lol: