Remove VHLM Career Years

3 minutes ago, tfong said:

See above. Putting limitation just limits the damage. Or you can time it to cap -1, wait till new season starts then go again and have cap+entire season then start in VHL with like 400-500 starting TPE?

We have 175+25 banked TPE limit. Keep this limit, if player passes this mark he's up next season.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

We have 175+25 banked TPE limit. Keep this limit, if player passes this mark he's up next season.

Exactly. If you go above it, it’s your final season in juniors. 

3 minutes ago, tfong said:

I'm just saying, you probably only want to let it count as one free year in minors or something and not let it be unlimited.

Personally, I don't feel any need to limit it, but one year is better than none. Most active guys will be up by then anyway, although guys like Kiaskov would get the shit end of it.

36 minutes ago, tfong said:

So what happens if someone decides to stay in the VHLM for 1 below cap forever?

Have you seen our minors recently? I don't think anyone wants to stay down there for a week, much less a full season.

33 minutes ago, tfong said:

To beat Tyler Vassel records? Do it for fun? For lolz? For stats? Or simply because it could be @BluObieZ ? or whatever Anderson? I mean wasn't this a point of contention when it was originally asked back in like...pre-S20 or something?

See above. Putting limitation just limits the damage. Or you can time it to cap -1, wait till new season starts then go again and have cap+entire season then start in VHL with like 400-500 starting TPE?

Seems like something I'd do if I didn't hate the vhlm

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, BluObieZ said:

Infact I stayed in the VHLM a good few times more than one season. Still I was fired for being too good at my job/being a dick. Which soured my view on the trashy VHLM

Ah being so good looking is a curse in itself isn't it?

• Head Moderator
23 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Have you seen our minors recently? I don't think anyone wants to stay down there for a week, much less a full season.

Haven't been there in 7 seasons so nope :P

Back in my day, VHLM was fun though.

(insert old grandpa on porch.)

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

It shouldn't have to be discussed. People are losing out on career years while we wait for something that should have already been implemented.

There's a lot of things to discuss, such as not even being drafted until a certain TPE mark, etc.

No offense, but you're not in the BoG and there's 3 pages of discussion on this right now. I think it'll happen, but the specifics of TPE levels and people wanting to stay down, etc need to be talked about first.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

There's a lot of things to discuss, such as not even being drafted until a certain TPE mark, etc.

No offense, but you're not in the BoG and there's 3 pages of discussion on this right now. I think it'll happen, but the specifics of TPE levels and people wanting to stay down, etc need to be talked about first.

I don't have to be in the BOG to realize this should have been implemented. The only thing that needs to be removed is the career years part. If x person gets drafted in season 62, then they don't hit the cap to be a rookie that year, that next year they are still down, it does not affect their career years. They can essentially come up to the VHL for season 63, be a ROOKIE and have 8 FULL seasons left on their career. Also, I did take offense to the "No offense, but you're not int he BoG" remark.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

I don't have to be in the BOG to realize this should have been implemented. The only thing that needs to be removed is the career years part. If x person gets drafted in season 62, then they don't hit the cap to be a rookie that year, that next year they are still down, it does not affect their career years. They can essentially come up to the VHL for season 63, be a ROOKIE and have 8 FULL seasons left on their career. Also, I did take offense to the "No offense, but you're not int he BoG" remark.

Originally that’s how we looked at it but it’s not that simple. As @Quik pointed out that’s very easy to abuse. For example, let’s say you and I are both in the S62 draft. You hit the 175/200 cap and decide to exceed it, making it so that you go to the VHL directly in S62. You’ll retire in 8 seasons (so S70). Meanwhile I hit the cap and decide to hold off and spend an extra season in the VHLM. That means I only retire in S71; giving me a full extra season of TPE and higher amounts for my prime years. We earned at the same rate, all i lost was a couple of week’s worth to get past the deadline.

That is a pretty major hurtle to overcome. We want to be able to do his for the guys who legitimately don’t hit the cap but we want to do it in a way where t can’t be easily abused by guys to get an extra season of earning without digging into their career length.

12 hours ago, Beketov said:

Originally that’s how we looked at it but it’s not that simple. As @Quik pointed out that’s very easy to abuse. For example, let’s say you and I are both in the S62 draft. You hit the 175/200 cap and decide to exceed it, making it so that you go to the VHL directly in S62. You’ll retire in 8 seasons (so S70). Meanwhile I hit the cap and decide to hold off and spend an extra season in the VHLM. That means I only retire in S71; giving me a full extra season of TPE and higher amounts for my prime years. We earned at the same rate, all i lost was a couple of week’s worth to get past the deadline.

That is a pretty major hurtle to overcome. We want to be able to do his for the guys who legitimately don’t hit the cap but we want to do it in a way where t can’t be easily abused by guys to get an extra season of earning without digging into their career length.

I mean if you decided to stay down 1 extra season, what's the difference tbh? As long as it's not like "Hey I wanna stay down 4 season, etc."

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

I mean if you decided to stay down 1 extra season, what's the difference tbh? As long as it's not like "Hey I wanna stay down 4 season, etc."

The difference is 100+ TPE; it isn’t minor.

So I guess the conversation at this point would be that career years don't start until you hit x TPE, with the number probably somewhere between 100 & 150. No matter what there will be people who try to maximize what they can earn (as we already have with people optimally creating at the trade deadline), so it's just a matter of finding the spot where it's low enough that it's not a huge incentive to abuse but high enough that it would actually help the people who are low earners.

24 minutes ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

The person who plays up will still earn the same amount of TPE so not sure what you are getting on about.

The person who plays up also hits regression and retirement one year sooner, so they'll have similar TPE but they'll be a full year apart.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

The person who plays up will still earn the same amount of TPE so not sure what you are getting on about.

But they will retire a year sooner. And have less TPE from the get-go.

Let’s assume two players both earn 100 TPE per season and both hit 200 (VHLM cap) at the same time, let’s say these guys are drafted this season so S60. Player 1 decides to stay down a season, player 2 decides to keep earning. If we just did it the easy way you suggest player 2 retires after S68 having earned 1000 TPE in his career. Player 1, however, got that extra season of earning. Therefore he retires in S69 at 1100 TPE. You see the problem? 100 TPE more in total AND he has more TPE going into his entire career.

I’d love if this was as simple as just saying that VHLM years now don’t count but it isn’t that simple as here are very easy ways to abuse it if we did that.

43 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

The person who plays up also hits regression and retirement one year sooner, so they'll have similar TPE but they'll be a full year apart.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

But they will retire a year sooner. And have less TPE from the get-go.

Let’s assume two players both earn 100 TPE per season and both hit 200 (VHLM cap) at the same time, let’s say these guys are drafted this season so S60. Player 1 decides to stay down a season, player 2 decides to keep earning. If we just did it the easy way you suggest player 2 retires after S68 having earned 1000 TPE in his career. Player 1, however, got that extra season of earning. Therefore he retires in S69 at 1100 TPE. You see the problem? 100 TPE more in total AND he has more TPE going into his entire career.

I’d love if this was as simple as just saying that VHLM years now don’t count but it isn’t that simple as here are very easy ways to abuse it if we did that.

That would be the problem of said person who is earning TPE. They could go up and play when they want to or just wait a year. In all honesty, it would be their decision.