Remove VHLM Career Years

• Commissioner
16 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

That would be the problem of said person who is earning TPE. They could go up and play when they want to or just wait a year. In all honesty, it would be their decision.

The league doesn’t make decisions based on “that’s their problem.” The point of this is to not ruin early careers of be guys by having the VHLM rip their years away when thhey legitimately cant make the cap. It isn’t for the sake of vets to abuse. We will find a system that fits both of those needs.

19 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The league doesn’t make decisions based on “that’s their problem.” The point of this is to not ruin early careers of be guys by having the VHLM rip their years away when thhey legitimately cant make the cap. It isn’t for the sake of vets to abuse. We will find a system that fits both of those needs.

in the mean time, those who desperately need it, will still suffer.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

in the mean time, those who desperately need it, will still suffer.

That doesn’t mean we’re going to rush a decision and let people le take advantage of it. Rushing decisions is how we have historically wound up with awful systems. This is being discussed, we’ll find a solution.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

That doesn’t mean we’re going to rush a decision and let people le take advantage of it. Rushing decisions is how we have historically wound up with awful systems. This is being discussed, we’ll find a solution.

So why not put in a penalty system for those who are intentionally trying to stay down. Maybe the 150 is where the career year starts at. I mean even if they wanna stay down and get the 100 more that's only 250.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

So why not put in a penalty system for those who are intentionally trying to stay down. Maybe the 150 is where the career year starts at. I mean even if they wanna stay down and get the 100 more that's only 250.

That’s one of the options discussed. Keeping the VHLM cap at 175/200 but having a secondary cap around 125/150 that, once surpassed, means VHL years start counting down. So it still helps the guys who can’t reach it but if a vet wants to stay down extra long and abuse the system they are going to lose a lot off the top.

4 hours ago, troy said:

as long as this is a thing before the draft...

I agree with you, but it's not the hugest issue in my opinion. My first ever player, Travis Boychuk, as you can click on in my sig, only had 7 seasons. He had a great career, although no cups, but the way he turned out as my first player is what motivated me so much on my next player. Then my next player, Parechkin had 8 seasons with 3 cups, lots of accolades, and is a Hall of Famer.

I made sure to retire Boychuk at the trade deadline to ensure that I get 1.5 seasons to earn TPE before I reach the VHL and get 8 seasons. :)

Although, I agree there needs to be something in place like what's being discussed. New guys don't know about losing a seasons in the VHL by staying down after the draft. It's something everyone has dealt with so far, but I think there needs to be a separate cap.

@Beketov simple solution, first gens have their career years removed that are in the VHL. Recreates should be able to handle how to get the TPE in a certain fashion. Unless if they are 30 TPE as in NO carryover at all, then the limit should start at 150 for them, etc.

15 hours ago, Lucky 2 Times said:

@Beketov simple solution, first gens have their career years removed that are in the VHL. Recreates should be able to handle how to get the TPE in a certain fashion. Unless if they are 30 TPE as in NO carryover at all, then the limit should start at 150 for them, etc.

That works 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, stevo said:

I'll probably die a lonely man on this hill, but PLS CHANGE THIS kthxbai

I fought for this in the BOG forum hard, back when we were first talking about it. A few guys were roadblocking it and it went nowhere :(

7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I fought for this in the BOG forum hard, back when we were first talking about it. A few guys were roadblocking it and it went nowhere :(

I can imagine... it's a pity