League Statement re: Drama, Fighting, and Trolling

Will

• Senior Admin

Dear VHL, 

Over the past while there has been significant and mostly needless drama plaguing the forum. We're seemingly constantly being dragged into chiildish arguements and fights and they've become a major headache and complete waste of time for us. Therefore, it's sadly become necessary for us make this statement drawing lines in the sand to make clear that we are going to resolve this issue one way or the other.

As it stands, we try to not take sides in childish bickering between members because that's exactly what it is - childish, many times on both sides of the arguement. At the same time, there is obviously times where people make a conscious, deliberate effort to antagonize people and that needs to stop - it's not clever and is usually completely obvious that a reaction is expected. 

Just as important as not antagonizing people in the first place, we need people to stop biting when someone does. If its obvious someone is baiting you or another member, I'll tell you plainly that the blue team/moderators will be more receptive if you send it to them to deal with and move on with your life instead of blowing up and fueling the very fire that you claim to want to put out. I'm not saying ignore it - if something is bothering you, DO absolutely send it to mods but please, if we want to avoid these ridiculous arguements then we need people to help out by taking the high road instead of unwittingly becoming a part of the problem. For our part we will commit to responding to every valid report made or explaining why we don't see it to be valid if it isn't. Finally, a little known feature of the forum is the ability to ignore. If you don't want to see anything from a specific member, use it. Clearly this is not ideal but the fact is some people will never get along.

In the end, this is not a new issue but rather one the league has been broadly dealing with since its creation. We've always been relaxed with moderation, and we will continue to be - by no means do we want or intend to stifle all debate or arguement especially when it comes to debating awards and other league related things. However, it is clear that we need to make our position on matters of drama and fighting more clear. We're not going to write rigid rules, but as of right now the blue team is officially sick of dealing with and will respond proportionally to the following:

• people exhibiting a pattern of baiting/making unprovoked antagonizing comments
  • people exhibiting a patten of unnecessarily or unfairly targeting specific members over and over 
  • people who wander from healthy debate to personal attacks for no reason
  • childish bickering

To help enforce this, we've decided to bring back the Global Mod team. @Smarch and @Quik will be global moderators and will have the authority to issue warnings and posting suspensions and, together with Beketov and I, will make all discipline-related decisions. We've chosen these members because they're clear headed, free of bias, and won't be afraid to call people out when they need to be called out. 

In conclusion, we are asking everyone to do their part in resolving the current fighting issues. We're sick of dealing with it and I know many of you are sick of seeing it. It's become far too predictable, and now that our position has been made crystal clear to all, we will be responding to these issues as they come and if the intent is clear, the discussion will not be whether or not to suspend, it will be for how long. 

- Will and Beketov

:vhl: 

*Game thread never been that active

*Stop childish drama

:Roy110:

Don't get me wrong, this post is definitely targeted at me and Kendrick and I get it. But acting like this is something new and it's the first time we see drama during the 59 seasons of this league. I mean, we had a sig called " 32, its bitchin" or something like that. 

Banack talk shit, I talk shit back, its the nature of trash talk. Its like you are expecting all game threads to be "GGs" I mean, what a weak ass thread. You want more activity/more active board, but you want to reduce the number of talking shit? Aight, lets just spam all game thread with GGs if its the direction we all wanna go.

Fucking christ

Also, you say that you want to put a line, but Smarch and Quik tolerence are totally different. So whats gonna be, Quik will deliver warning points like candy depending on his mood? That seems like an obvious trap

16 minutes ago, boubabi said:

*Stop childish drama

Don't get me wrong, this post is definitely targeted at me and Kendrick and I get it. But acting like this is something new and it's the first time we see drama during the 59 seasons of this league. I mean, we had a sig called " 32, its bitchin" or something like that. 

Banack talk shit, I talk shit back, its the nature of trash talk. Its like you are expecting all game threads to be "GGs" I mean, what a weak ass thread. You want more activity/more active board, but you want to reduce the number of talking shit? Aight, lets just spam all game thread with GGs if its the direction we all wanna go.

Fucking christ

speaking of that, you're being suspended for not talking enough shit in most recent three-way trade. I expected something more than just one word. :Phil:

• Senior Admin
42 minutes ago, boubabi said:

*Stop childish drama

Fucking christ

I’m not going to debate it here. As I made clear, we’re not looking to stifle all debate or arguement - I’m perfectly fine with people having debates even when they turn heated, I said as much Beketov this morning that some drama is fine and even healthy for the board.

What this is about us the consistent, deliberate nonsense that people are fighting about. And as I attempted to make clear in the announcement, I place fault in the way people respond to some silly things as well as the people who say them. 

But when it’s obvious how something is going to turn out, it’s time to ignore each other and move on. Nobody wants to see that every second day. 

Lastly I reckon you, or someone else, would come up with a problem with any mod we choose. I think Quil will be fair and hey if you don’t think so there’s 3 more of us.

In any case this is past discussion, we need the nonsense to stop so we’re not dealing with every day. 

If if you have questions I’d be happy to answer them in PM, everyone will be treated equally and fairly, all we’re asking is for people to avoid antagonizing people and cool the personal attacks. League related debate and arguing is what we need, not mindless jibbrish.

5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

speaking of that, you're being suspended for not talking enough shit in most recent three-way trade. I expected something more than just one word. :Phil:

Collusion. Thats the best I can come up with without offending the rest of the earth

23 minutes ago, boubabi said:

*Stop childish drama

Fucking christ

GG

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I shit-talk Bana all the time without crossing any lines set out in here. You’ll figure it out.

You never crossed the line? Wheres the thunderdome thread that you hided and got me banned?

Hypocrite 

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner
Just now, boubabi said:

You never crossed the line? Wheres the thunderdome thread that you hided and got me banned?

You misunderstand my statement so I’ll just get rid of it. Will covered the important stuff.

Guest DeathOnReddit
19 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Thats what I thought. 

Why are you always starting something? Im serious since  I've been here it seems you just disagree for the sake of starting arguments.

51 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Hypocrite 

Methinks you’re spending too much time and taking the league too seriously for your own good. Why do you always want to be in conflict with people?

So is this thread about me or no ?

Lets make a test. I wont logging for the next week and see the result

Just for fun, gather stats during that time. Like how many posts on the public forum during that week.

It will be a fun experiment, right?

Starting tonight at midnight

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

So is this thread about me or no ?

The thread is about setting standards of behaviour. If you want to think that’s all about you and adjust your behaviour then fine. However everyone has the same chances of being punished for it as you do.