S60 Salary Brackets + Salary Cap

Will

6 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Umm no, I remember having to explain it to you at the time what it was and how it was calculated haha.

Perhaps you’re thinking of the USFL, which used an Actual TPE figure, but that was TPE minus contract money?

No no I had heard it before. I remember you explaining what your TPA meant, but I remember from another league it being Total Points Active out of the Total Points Earned. It's a fucking term haha, who cares. Just saying I had heard it before.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

No no I had heard it before. I remember you explaining what your TPA meant, but I remember from another league it being Total Points Active out of the Total Points Earned. It's a fucking term haha, who cares. Just saying I had heard it before.

I’m not fussed either about “who was first ever”. Like I say it’s not something I had heard used elsewhere (I’d have cited it at the time if I had) and is realistic that two people could never meet and use the same term for the idea. 

But I was first to use it in VHL so my original comment of finding it funny that it’s being used more now than before still stands :lol: 

We use APE in the SBA. Same concept, and been using it since about S8 there (I believe), when people started to depreciate.

It also doesn't matter :P

But if you do care - http://sba.today/forums/index.php?/topic/4215-s10-sba-tpe-index/&do=findComment&comment=145243

Camo announced we were using it officially on January 1, 2015. I see it mentioned here in November of '15 (not sure if something was lost on the site changing at some point?)

Edited by Molholt

19 minutes ago, Molholt said:

We use APE in the SBA. Same concept, and been using it since about S8 there (I believe), when people started to depreciate.

It also doesn't matter :P

But if you do care - http://sba.today/forums/index.php?/topic/4215-s10-sba-tpe-index/&do=findComment&comment=145243

Camo announced we were using it officially on January 1, 2015. I see it mentioned here in November of '15 (not sure if something was lost on the site changing at some point?)

I was more talking about the specific term of TPA rather than the actual concept when I was referring to dates (Some leagues had been calculating it in some capacity, mostly inconsistently, quite a bit before ours) but yes, that would mean the SBA was before us in calculating their version on a regular basis. But more leagues using the superior calculation method the better!

1 hour ago, Tagger said:

I was more talking about the specific term of TPA rather than the actual concept when I was referring to dates (Some leagues had been calculating it in some capacity, mostly inconsistently, quite a bit before ours) but yes, that would mean the SBA was before us in calculating their version on a regular basis. But more leagues using the superior calculation method the better!

Yeah, I really don't know why it wasn't already being used universally lol. It seems obvious.