Saskatoon Interested prospects thread

Kinda stealing the idea from the SHL, because we have such a high influx of guys figure its a nice way to introduce me to the new blood and get to know them. Sorry if i did not tag you and your new so many members its hard to get em all.

Hi my name is Sasha Orlov in a 36 year old russin, with 2 kids. Been apart of this league almost 3 years. Held many positions in my time. Made some great friends. My current player is Sergei Komarov, he is the 3rd of the Komarov Lineage. I am GM of the Wild in the VHLM and i own 8 of the first 15 picks this draft.

Anything else youd like to know feel free to PM me 

@Nighthawk @Jordo Lordo @TacTixHD@ujju2 @MexicanCow @Hillman@Jera @That1guy@MaikTheRed@Hadz@jackphillips.18@Broalie34@Dante Massaro@Talia03@TWalkerFC@declanburns@TrueNorth@DomWalton90@Austin3886@CookieJo@Burzawa@GCN7115@Hoopydog@Sathurx@Vincebrown@cpetrella@Barracuda@Samone61@YayIWin@ToughCuts@Talia03@jacobaa19@Hucableguy@Zaramon95@InsaneEruptt

1st question how active do you feel you will be?

2nd what are your goals with your player how do you plan on building them?

3rd there are many leagues like this do you have an experience with them? If so how much. If not do you feel overwhelmed and will need help navigating the site? Dont be afraid our job as junior GMs is to help btw.

4th is are you a big hockey buff? Or do you prefer other sports. 

5th what is more important to you results right away, or a fun enviroment where u build good friendships.

6th any thing you feel i should know or you would like to share with us.

Edited by Gooningitup

1. I won't be very active next season 

2. Being a good skater with a good shot, and hopefully gets to the VHL!

3. I'm ok with the site thanks 

4. Hockey's my second favourite sport, behind Football (Soccer)

5. Fun environment 

6.  Currently doing exams so won't be very active!

Спасибо

In the U.K. So time difference is a problem, it's 00:30 at the moment!

Edited by TWalkerFC

15 minutes ago, TWalkerFC said:

1. I won't be very active next season 

2. Being a good skater with a good shot, and hopefully gets to the VHL!

3. I'm ok with the site thanks 

4. Hockey's my second favourite sport, behind Football (Soccer)

5. Fun environment 

6.  Currently doing exams so won't be very active!

Спасибо

In the U.K. So time difference is a problem, it's 00:30 at the moment!

Fortunately, we have people from everywhere and people make due :) This is not just a North American league :) 

1. Will be on for a few hours every day!

2. I plan on building him to be powerful and have a great shot. I want him to score goals. Also, I want him to make it to the big league VHL!

3.  I have not been on any websites like this. But I am feeling pretty good and am making my way around a lot better as the days pass.

4. Hockey is my 2nd favourite sport I am a soccer/Football guy. Just like TWalkerFC.

5. I want to be able to build a fun environment for everyone!

6. I AM READY TO BE A STAR! 

Jordan Tonn or MexicanCow!

1. Plan to be quite active.

2. Basically trying to create the McDavid of the VHL. Fast, smart, excellent passer, and a very good shooter. Not weak, but strength isn't the focus. Great but not amazing defensively. Maybe a bit more of a scoring version of McDavid (he's taken that step this year with 40 goals as well).

3. First time, but the site seems easy enough so far. I will reach out if/when I do have questions.

4. Huge hockey fan. Watched almost every Oilers game past 4 seasons.

5. A fun environment. I want to have fun and make friends. If that means a losing team, I am willing be a part of the puzzle to help turn it around. Like McDavid. ;)

6. I would love to join Saskatoon. It's basically my hometown team, because I'm from Edmonton and can't bring myself to cheer for Calgary. The same applies for my player, Ryan Cooper.

1. I will be active, about everyday for an hour.

2. I plan to build my player as strong as possible, being a two-way center with a good shot, excellent skating, and unbelievable vision and passing, as well as playing as a two-way center. Kind of like a mix of Toews, Matthews, and MacKinnon. 

3. This is my first time on the site, but it seems like a very fun website.

4. Hockey is my favorite sport, I play golf and basketball, and used to play lacrosse and baseball.

5. To build strong connections and a fun environment. I want to have as much fun on this website, making new friends in the process..

6. I hope to have fun playing in the VHL and be successful with my player, Declan Burns!

1. I will try to check in a couple of times a day

2. I plan to build my player to be an offensive threat with his passing ability, his shooting ability, and his awareness and ability to create plays.

3. This is my first time doing anything like this, hoping to enjoy it and have a good time!

4. Hockey is my second favorite sport, behind fútbol, but I watch it a lot.

5. Definately having fun and building relationships. I mean getting good results right away would be nice, but for me isn't the top priority at the moment.

6. I am just looking forward to participating in the VHL!

1. I feel I will be quite active whenever I can.

2. I want to build my player to be a star playmaker who's speedy but small I plan on achieving this through earning points via Biography, Press conferences etc.

3. I do not have any prior experience with any of these leagues but an very interested in learning.

4. I used to be heavily into hickey a few years back, lost interest but recently have been starting to get back into the sport.

5. Honestly it doesn't really matter too much to me as I am fine with either 

6. Excited to play and learn how the site works!

• Commissioner

Just a heads up, I moved his to the press conferences. Since it contains 6 questions if you answer them all you can claim it as your conference for the week worth 2 TPE. Just try to be decent descriptive with your answers and get a sentence or two out of it.

@Gooningitup @TWalkerFC @MexicanCow @ujju2 @declanburns @Hadz @Jera

1.I am going to be pretty active

2.My goal for my player is to make him super fast and save almost every shot.

3.I am sort of new to the vhl because I got introduced by TacTixhd.This is the first website I can access on my phone

4.I like Hockey and then Football(Soccer).

5.A fun environment 

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Just a heads up, I moved his to the press conferences. Since it contains 6 questions if you answer them all you can claim it as your conference for the week worth 2 TPE. Just try to be decent descriptive with your answers and get a sentence or two out of it.

@Gooningitup @TWalkerFC @MexicanCow @ujju2 @declanburns @Hadz @Jera

1-Hard to tell, I think active enough to keep checking the forums a couple of times per day. I like this kind of games. The only problem is that I don't understand clearly what we have to do. For example, what is this post about? This is my new team?

2-I want to see my player being one of the best or at least see him winning championships. 

3-I did in the past in other forums. Those forums don't exist anymore but the system was different. Players improved by being active in the message boards. 

4-I like hockey a lot, I don't have the chance to watch hockey a lot like other people but I try to follow my favorite teams and leagues. 

5-Hard to tell right now, my first interest now is understand mechanics, once that is complete I would be more free to enjoy other aspects of the forums I believe. 

6-I still don't understand the mechanics clearly. 

1 i honestly dont know because work schedule keeps changing

2 i could see my player becoming a great leader

3 i have 0 experience this is a first

4 hockey is life

5 honestly in real life ive been on the same hockey team for the past 5 years and were trash but i have fun cause were a team ive got friends

6 havent got a clue how to do most things but im askin questions so i should figure it out eventually

1. I'll be active enough to check in every day.

2. I plan to build my player to be a strong power forward that can finish on my teammates' playmaking skills. Sort of like a Leon Draisatil.

3. I don't have much experience with these types of leagues but I have played a lot of be a pro in the past, so I understand what I am trying to do in the building of my player.

4. Hockey is definitely my favourite sport to watch, I am an avid Sharks fan and have collected cards as well as studied some of the history of the NHL. Basketball would be my favourite sport to play though as I am 6'4 and can dominate in the paint.

5. I don't really know what to expect from this, but I am looking to try something new and maybe get some enjoyment out of it.

6. Colorado is beating Nashville in the first round. Heard it here first.

1. Plan to be on for at least 30mins a day

2. I want to build a quick sniper kind of player with slick hands so he can enable some players 

3. Never used a site like but excited to get into it

4. Hockey is my favourite sport hands down 

5. Although success is important, I'd like to have fun and I want to gain success with the friends I make 

6. I want to succeed and will work hard to do so

• Commissioner

I’ll leave the questions to the new guys but, for what it’s worth, I would be interesting in bringing Thompson’s talents to Saskatoon.

1.I plan to be active at least once or twice a day next season.

2.I plan on making a lot of saves. I plan on doing this by putting the most into his strengths.

3.I have a little experience as I am in a couple other sim league, but do not have very much experience.

4.I am a big hockey buff. my favorite NHL team is the San Jose Sharks.

5.I believe what's more important to me would have to be a fun environment where I can build good friendships.

6.I hope to have fun during next season. I really want to make the most out of this!

1-I'll be on for a couple hours a day as I get bored in class a lot

2-Goals are to make a scoring champion

3-I've been a part of a couple of leagues before most of which are not around anymore

4-Big hockey guy

5-I think fun and meeting people will be better than short term success

6- I'm hoping to get a good spot in tonights VHLM draft

• 2 weeks later...