Claimed:A Brief Look Back Into the S43 Entry Draft - Part 2 [Final 6/6]

DollarAndADream

Sit down and tune in for another edition of "A Brief Look Back", with your host, DollarAndADream.

Previous Editions:

Season 37 Part 1 + Part 2

Season 38 Part 1 + Part 2

Season 39

Season 40 (other parts in thread)

Season 41 (other parts in thread)

Season 42 Part 1 Part 2

Season 43

E'Twaun Delicious - 1st Overall

Yp5RCrq.png

-----------------------------------

kreiderhabs-593x356.jpg

-----------------------------------

Being taken at first overall is always going to put the spotlight on you, so the career of E'Twaun Delicious was always going to be fun to watch. E'Twaun was drafted by the New York Americans in Season 43, and that is where he still plays today in Season 45. In his rookie season in the VHL, he posted 37 goals and added 36 assists, giving him 73 points in 72 games. That said 73 points was good enough for him to win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy for Rookie of the Year. New York failed to make the playoffs that season. In Season 44, Delicious followed up his stellar rookie campaign with a less amazing effort, but still great considering how much stronger the Americans became. E'Twaun scored 27 goals and had 28 assists, giving him 55 points on the year. New York did qualify for the post-season, but they were taken out in five games by the Calgary Wranglers where Delicious produced 4 goals. This season in Season 45, E'Twaun is looking like he did when his career in the VHL begun, having 15 goals and 17 assists for 32 points in 34 games. I would advise fans to watch E'Twaun and the Americans this season, as they have a good chance for the Continental Cup.

Bronson Faux - 2nd Overall

tSI9DqU.png

------------------------------------

bailey1.jpg

------------------------------------

Now that I have looked at who went first overall, why not check second? At second overall was a pick by the Riga Reign, centerman Bronson Faux. Faux was a winner of the Founder's Cup in the VHLM with the Brampton Blades before coming into the VHL, so he knows what a winning atmosphere is like. In his rookie season in the VHL with Riga in Season 43, he scored 17 goals and notched 27 for 44 points, including 365 hits. Although not amazing on the scoresheet as a rookie, he brought forward a ton of physicality, showing the VHL that they should watch out for him. Riga did not make the post-season in Season 43, so it was on to the next one for Bronson and his team. In Season 44, he grew even better and shut down the infamous sophomore slump. Faux scored 24 goals and added 50 assists, summing up to 74 points, becoming a big name in the VHL. His production increased greatly offensively, and he did not slow down in physicality as he still laid out 355 hits. Riga once again failed to make the playoffs, so Bronson looked ahead to Season 45. Currently this season, Bronson Faux has 24 points in 34 games, including 8 goals. While at first glance it may look worse than last season, but you have to attribute that to the fact that the Reign have gotten stronger, adding talents like Aksel Thomassen and Milos Denis. Bronson still brings forward that big body as well, laying out 175 hits so far. Riga is currently in a playoff position in a tight European Conference, and it will be exciting to watch if they can hold on.

Content: 3/3 - I didn't realize E'twaun was doing so well, then again I don't pay attention really. It looks like a pretty good top two with both teams getting really good players, both win :). Looking forward to the next one, and whenever you do S44 and tell me how great I am  ;) 

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing as per usual.

Appearance: /1 -  Looks cute.

Overall: 6/6