Sexual Content Policy

Will

• Senior Admin

Over the past several weeks, we've received both warnings from our host and complaints from our members regarding the amount of sexual photos, videos, and GIFs that are posted on the board.

A lot of our members browse the VHL during the day from work or, in my case, while I'm in class. We obviously don't want to discourage members from being on our website during the day, so we're going to be enforcing the following policy on the posting of sexual content in order to keep the forum safe for work and school:

• Absolutely no sexual content is to be posted in public forums. This isn't just limited to nudity, but includes provocative and otherwise revealing photos, videos, GIFs, whatever. This includes profiles, signatures, and any other public domain of the forum.
  • The posting of sexual content will be strictly limited to locker rooms and topic titles must be marked NSFW. If you need a moderator to add this to a title, let one of us know.
  • All sexual content will henceforth be hidden by spoiler. The spoiler button is directly to the left of emoticons on the editor toolbar. Keeping these images hidden in spoilers leaves the power in the hands of the person browsing the forum to decide if they want to view it or not.

Failure to comply with these new rules will result in warnings, removal of content, and, if it continues, forum suspensions/player penalties. We try to keep relaxed around here as far as rules and whatnot go, but we need the forum to be accessible to everyone and when people are worried about opening threads in certain areas because of what they might find, we owe it to them to put an end to it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by Draper

Sexually suggestive phrases off limits. Like if someone tells me to fuck myself is that a 5 day suspension? Is there a scale? Will I be banned for making this example? So many questions...

• Senior Admin

Censorship?

Sorry but the people sitting behind me in class probably think I'm fucked enough reading half the shit you freaks post on here without titty gifs all over the screen. This isn't an adult website and should be browsable from work, school, whatever.

• Senior Admin

I can't remember a public thread were I would consider the content too "explicit" for school or something. Minus the babe thread.

It's not a matter of how explicit it is - even a bikini picture isn't really something you want coworkers to see you on at work. It seems fairly common sense..

and there's always the option to block someone's signature or block everyone's signature.

Not saying I'm for showing tiites all over the place, but I don't see what could be posted between this post and your last post about that could really offend someone.

Edited by boubabi

I can't remember a public thread were I would consider the content too "explicit" for school or something. Minus the babe thread.

It's not a matter of how explicit it is - even a bikini picture isn't really something you want coworkers to see you on at work. It seems fairly common sense..

Internet is definitely not for those people. Again, if the board was full of them, yes I would agree we should slack down a bit, but I really don't see where in recent memories, there was explicit content or half naked girl or whatever. 

• Senior Admin

Seriously? The internet isn't for those people? This is a damn hockey sim forum not an adult website. I don't understand what argument your trying to make - that people shouldn't be concerned about tits popping up on their work screen? You don't have recent memory of something that's explicit - for one, I feel like your definition of what crosses the line is different than the vast majority of users here and, two, I didn't say you or anyone else posted it specifically. This is the policy going forward to protect users.

By the time you have to block someone it's too late. The goal is to make the site completely safe for people to be browsing on regardless of where they are. They shouldn't need to worry about what might pop on their screen, and blocking someone isn't a good option

Also when you say fuck you to whoever lives in 1920, your saying fuck you to numerous people who have expressed concern about the shit that shows up on their screen at work or school, including Jardy, Flyers, and myself, who all agreed that this is a necessary policy. 

Edited by Draper

Yes, that's called backing up your argument. You'll learn it someday.

(Not calling draper out though, stamkos was referring to a previous discussion in the chat) (Just wanted to know what we are talking about here as what is accepted or not)

Edited by boubabi

• Senior Admin

What about my 15 inch laptop screen with a bunch of people sitting behind me?

The main logic behind your argument seems to be that there hasn't been anything recently. Even if there isn't (which there was) - what difference does it make? Your acting like I called you or someone specific out. I didn't. These are generalized rules that apply to everyone, and they were posted to protect our members from coming across this kind of thing.

Further, the benefit of being me is that I don't have to backup my argument. I'm not going through reports and old posts to find it, partly because it's not worth my time and partly because anything that has come up has been removed.