1. One team in each division is guaranteed playoffs. Ours is a pretty weak one. Out of D.C., Toronto, and New York, who makes playoffs? Does more than one of us?
D.C. for sure, I have a lot of faith in our team especially with the new additions. The team only got better and I can't wait to see where it'll take us.
2. Prague is off to a quick start, similar to Malmo in their second season. Where will they finish in the standings?
They definitely started on the right foot this season, I think they'll clinch a playoff spot by the end if they keep it up.
3. Would you rather spread scoring out across a top six F core or load up a single line?
I like the idea of spreading out scoring more, makes it more of a team effort rather than relying on big guns stepping up every game.
4. Right now, backups are required to play 8 games per year. With more human backups coming into the league, should this number be raised at all?
Just because it's required doesn't mean that they should be limited to just 8. I'm all for players getting a chance if the player is willing to take the responsibility in honing their skills and get better.
5. How do you approach contract negotiations?
I consider myself very team-friendly. I don't need a max contract or anything huge, I'm looking to win. I don't enjoy the idea of being a journeyman either, I would rather stick with an organization and build a good relationship with management so that way there's a clear understanding on goals for both sides.
6. How would you approach draft interviews if you were a GM?
Keep it simple, ask Draftees their goals, what style of play they aspire to be and how they can help the team. It's good to acknowledge strengths but also understand their weaknesses as well and how it fits in the team as a whole.