Greetings, true believers! I'm taking over this as my new duty from Dills. I'll try and post them each week. VHLM is just kicking off the post-season of S66. We had a few really good teams this season, with four teams reaching 50 or more wins. It's anyone's game as far as a favourite for the championship goes. Without further ado, let's get right to it, and as always, here's what this issue of the mag will contain!
1) Uncapped TPE Opportunities: Any time there's a one-off or once-a-season point task available to enter, you'll find out about it in the early headlines of the article.
2) League Recap: The middle of the Newsletter is generally based around keeping you up to speed with what's going on around the league, be that changes to how the league works, new features or how the current VHLM season is progressing.
3) TPE Earning Guide: The bottom section of the Newsletter follows the same format each week. There, you will be provided with the links you need to get to the regular TPE earning activities.
Before we start with anything I would like to remind you about the Official VHL Discord Server. The discord is a great place for you to connect with other members of the site and get help with anything you need! I would highly recommend joining and being apart of the community there. Like the last VHLM Newsletter, some of this newsletter will re-tread on the old ground as, with this being a VHLM newsletter, there will inevitably be new members reading this for the first time that won’t be aware of what was in previous newsletters. So what I’ll do is put a bold *NEW* next to any information specifically made for this newsletter so players who have read these before knowing where to go to find the new info!
1) Uncapped TPE Opportunities
**NEW** Theme Week
Back again by popular demand, theme week! This is a week where HO chooses a theme, and any media, podcasts, graphics, etc. will come with bonus uncapped TPE! Here's the link Theme Week Thread.
Complete a Regular Point Task (Media Spot / Graphic/Video / Podcast), on 'Theme', and receive an extra 6 Uncapped TPE
Complete a VHL.com submission (Written / Graphic / Podcast), on 'Theme', and receive an extra 1 Uncapped TPE
Complete both 'Theme' submissions, receive an additional 1 Uncapped TPE, for a total of 8 Uncapped TPE
Weekly Reddit Threads
No new weekly Reddit thread this week, but make sure to check out the thread and keep an eye out for future Reddit threads by clicking the link here.
Recruit a Friend TPE
Probably the best way to earn some uncapped TPE is to recruit a friend! You can receive some hefty uncapped TPE bonuses by recruiting a friend and helping them make a player! You can earn up to 15 Uncapped TPE from a single recruitment! For more information, click this link.
Every week, players in the VHLM are granted 2 free TPE every week for simply posting in the practice facility thread. If you haven't already, go post your player name and "+2" here.
Career PT - Player Biography
Once per career, you can write a biography about your player for a whopping TEN uncapped TPE! The biography must be at least 1000 words in length while detailing the history of your player's life, starting off the ice and eventually working up toward it. A more specific rubric can be found on the page here. When claiming the TPE for this task, make sure you submit it under via portal as "Other" --> "Biography"
Career PT - Rookie Profile
Once per career, you can write a rookie profile that specifically details your player's strengths and weaknesses on the ice. Think of this like a scouting report, where you're telling GMs what to expect out of your player. A more detailed rubric for the rookie profile can be found on this page. This report must be at least 500 words in length, and focus only on your player's on-ice attributes. When turning this task in, be sure to submit it under "Other" --> "Rookie Profile"
The VHL Fantasy Zone
Every week, players are given the chance to guess the results of upcoming VHL games. This comes in two different forms- the weekly Pick 'Em's (which are worth 2 uncapped TPE for getting all of them correct), and the weekly Score Prediction (which is worth 3 uncapped TPE for getting correct). Even if you don't get it right, it's worth a shot to take a look at the games and give it your best guess! If you want, you can even cheat and copy the guesses of a member that's already posted. These will be posted in this subforum every week.
Player Store- First Generation Doubles Week
If you've got the money (1.5m in player store cash, the amount of every VHLM contract) you can purchase a doubles week if you're on your first player. For those who haven't had one before, a doubles week allows you to claim an extra 6 uncapped TPE if you submit a media spot, graphic, or podcast!
The VHLM Fantasy Zone
The VHL Fantasy Zone's younger brother allows you to earn even more uncapped TPE for guessing the correct winners and scores. However, these predictions are only available to players within the VHLM, so make use of them while you can! The VHLM Fantasy Zone differs in its TPE rewards, in that the weekly Pick 'Em's are only worth 2 uncapped TPE, but guessing the correct score is worth 4! These will be posted in this subforum every week.
The First Generation Bonus
As a thank you to the newer members for sticking around and participating in the league, we're offering 10 free uncapped TPE for your first player, once they cross the 100 TPE milestone! If you've passed that mark, or are about to pass that mark, make a post in this thread and use it to submit an update. To make the job of the updates easier, please select "Other" when applying the update and fill out the box as seen below:
2) League Recap
As mentioned in our intro, it's playoff time!! In the VHLM, the top eight teams make the playoffs. First seed will play the eight, the second will draw the seventh, and so on. I'll post a quik recap of each series thus far below.
(1) Philadelphia Reapers VS (8) Minnesota Storm
The Reapers really went all in this year, opting to trade their talent last year for future draft picks. This paid off in the regular season, as they were the favourites coming into the season and ended up with a 56 win season. The Storm on the other hand, were the eight seed. They weren't among the worst teams though, as they made it in the playoffs with nearly a 30 point lead over the next best (worst?) team. The Reapers have had the upper hand so far, winning both games and out shooting the Storm 76-30 over two games.
(2) Halifax 21st VS (7) San Diego Marlins
Halifax has had a good team for a few seasons now, so the expansion Marlins knew they had their hands full when they drew the 21st. Game one proved that, as Halifax trounced San Diego 8-1. Hat tricks from both Anton Edvin and Acyd Burn led the way in this one. But SD woke up, and put up a valiant fight against Halifax in game two, but lost in OT. Some solid experience for an expansion team who is sure to grow and improve in the upcoming draft
(3) Ottawa Lynx VS (6) Mississauga Hounds
3V6 is generally where you see a bit more parity, and game one looked like that would be the story here. We had a back and forth, even game. Ottawa came out on top though, but shots were close and the teams looked locked in for a long series. Unfortunately for the Hounds, they came out flat in the first frame of game two, giving up four goals on their way to an 6-0 slobberknocking loss at the hands of the Lynx.
(4) Saskatoon Wild VS (5) Mexico City Kings
Despite being the fourth and fifth seeds, there was a clear line between these two teams in the regular season. The Wild, were the fourth and final team to reach fifty wins this year, while the Kings where the best of the rest, coming in eight wins shy of the fifty mark. And this has held true so far, with the Wild beating the Kings by a combined score of 14-3 over the first two games of the series. Things aren't looking good for the lower seeds this year, as all three series are off to a 2-0 start for the favourites.
3) TPE Earning Guide
Player Store *NEW*
- The new Player Store makes purchasing things for your player very easy! Click the "Player Store" option under "Player Menu" on the Player Management screen. Or by just clicking this link.
- You can claim your contract money by clicking this button "Claim Income" button under the "Menu" heading.
- You can click the blue "Purchase" button under the item you wish to buy, and it will be approved or denied by staff.
- TPE purchases can be applied under the "Other" option when claiming TPE. You do not need a link to claim these items. Updaters can check if you have successfully purchased it or not.
First Generation Bonus
Some of you will soon be reaching the point where you will surpass 100 TPE and to offer some thanks for sticking around with us for that long, we give you guys 10 Free TPE! If you are over 100 TPE or have an update that will take you over 100 TPE, you can claim your 10 Free TPE by going to the Player Management screen, going to Claim Other TPE and filling in the box that pops up as displayed in the image below using this link (https://vhlforum.com/topic/49868-first-generation-bonus/) in the link box.
Recruiting new members to the league not only helps the league by filling out team rosters, but it also sets you up to earn some lucrative TPE! To find out more about the rewards for recruiting members, go HERE. On top of that, there is a 1 uncapped TPE reward for upvoting the weekly Reddit post (It has not yet been released for this week, but I recommend keeping an eye out for it).
Weekly Capped Point Task Opportunities (You Can Earn Up To 12 TPE From The Following)
- You can submit either a Media article of 500 words, a Graphic or a ten minute Podcast for 6 TPE. If you don’t have time to submit for any of these this week though, there is Welfare available to claim for at least 4 TPE.
- You can submit a 150 word article and a Player Card for 2 TPE each. You can also submit a five minute Podcast for 3 TPE.
- You can get a maximum of 2 TPE by answering and asking questions in the Press Conferences. If you are short of answers, you can answer questions in the VHLM Press Conference for 2 TPE.
- You can receive a maximum of 2 TPE by reviewing other people’s Media/Graphics/Podcasts. Check out the guide to reviewing HERE.
- There is weekly VHL Trivia where you are asked two VHL-related questions, answer both correctly and you will earn 2 TPE for the week. In addition, players will be able to earn up to 6 uncapped TPE at the end of the season, 1 TPE for every week they submitted for trivia.
Uncapped Point Task Opportunities
- There is 2 TPE to be earned from posting in this week’s Practice Facility
- There is the VHLM Pickem and Predict the Score (in the VHLM Fantasy Zone). If you correctly guess the results, you will earn uncapped TPE for your player! You'll be able to participate in the VHL Fantasy Zone as well.
- You can submit a 500-word Rookie Profile for 8 TPE and a 1000 word Biography for 10 TPE. These two are one time only point tasks.
- If you haven't already, make sure to spend some of your contract/sponsorship money on the First Generation Package in the Player Store. It's an exceptionally cheap purchase that gives you five uncapped TPE.
(I'll post this when I get home, no Youtube on the work computers)
This is a video tutorial of how to improve your player through point tasks that was made a while back. The time stamps are stated below so you can easily maneuver around the video and find the help you looking for:
0:27 - Overview of Capped TPE
1:38 - Media Spots
2:39 - Graphics
4:16 - Podcast
5:09 - VHL.com/Player Cards/VHL Radio
7:06 - Press Conferences
9:00 - Trivia
11:59 - Reviewing
13:22 - Jobs
14:13 - Welfare
Uncapped TPE 16:14 - VHL/VHLM Fantasy Zone
17:08 - Practice Facility
17:44 - Yearly Award Predictions
18:35 - VHFL
19:33 - VHL Lottery (out of date)
20:35 - Rookie Profile
21:21 - Biography
22:30 - Donations (out of date)
Adding TPE to your Player 24:00 - Updating
That concludes the 31st edition of the VHLM Newsletter! If you feel like there is something I can improve or change, let me know! See you next week!!