Hey! Most of you have probably noticed but its already been 2 times this season that we had to make an emergency locker room for 2 different teams, thanks to @Alex_J32 for being our savior both times. The fact that it happened twice in a season make me think that maybe it's time to reconsider how locker room ownership should be handled. Feel free to disagree or agree with me but I want to share my thought about it.
So first, why should we consider a change in it? Obviously, for the new players, their first locker room is most of the time their stepping stone. It's important that they get invited in it and get their role and everything. It's what retain the most people in my opinion and it shouldn't be neglected. Also, sometimes, these players are in only that single discord server and not even in the main VHL one and in a case where the server get deleted, they are left all alone and confused or worse, they think they got kicked and wasn't wanted. There is also the memories that everyone have in the locker room, while its not as important as retention, memories is still something everyone likes to hold onto.
What I suggest:
- Locker rooms could be owned by mods/commish/admins or anyone who is trusted enough
- Maybe only apply that to VHLM locker rooms as it is the ones that are the most important for retention and the most likely to be managed by a less trusted member
- A solution could be to make it owned by an account shared between admins so they can't see in the hidden channels with their main account.
- Not making them owned by an admin that is GM of an other team in the same league for spying purpose
- Less privacy in locker rooms (But at the same time, should we really have anything to hide? In the worse case, there is DMs)
Now, just know that this post is to make everyone think about it and see if there is a way to fix that problem, what I suggested doesn't mean I absolutely want it that way but more that I throw a first idea and we can all discuss about it. If it makes no sense, we'll just let this thread die.