That Dude Worried about Semis

Cornholio

Minnesota Storm center That Dude is genuinely worried now. After a confidence-boosting first round sweep over the Ottawa Lynx, the Storm has dropped the first two games of the semifinals against the Mexico City. And it came on Minnesota’s home rink - which kind of complicates things if this team is to truly accomplish its goal of winning the M Cup this year. 

“We’re all bummed and disappointed. I mean, we had confidence in ourselves and it seemed like we were clicking pretty good. Then we drop the first two games at home. Goddamnit. Definitely got us re-examining ourselves and how we dug this hole ourselves. Probably our defense, we've given up 6 and 5 goals in the first two games. I mean, we've scored 4 in both games which typically should suffice. But not in this case if our defense is leaving our goaltender unnecessarily exposed. 

I still think I should be contributing more, playing more minutes but it’s not my position to say so.  I've done my part, put in my work over the course of the regular season and now it's time to play out our assigned roles and hope that it pays off. We have to trust our coaching staff to do the right things and hope we can even this thing up and make it a best of 3 series. We’ll see... I'm still worried though. It would awfully suck if we went home early instead of ending our year in the Finals like we should be.”

Edited by Cornholio