So Wat Cha Sayin'

jRuutu

The off-season has unfortunately started for Seattle Bears. That means we can slowly turn our sights towards the future. Seattle as a team is in an interesting place at the moment. The team has quite a few promising young players who are steadily improving. Seattle also has multiple older players who are going through the depreciation seasons. The balance of the roster is rather nice as the younger players are natural replacements for the old players.

My player is one of the oldest players on the team. I thought I could share my thoughts on what it's like to be in a situation where you have younger players ready to take your spot, you did not perhaps have the strongest regular season last year, and you are getting ready to face your second depreciation hit.

I will express my thoughts on few topics through visual elements of some kind and then analyze them briefly.

No trade clause - not in my current contract

QONVIyz.gif

Why didn't I add a no-trade clause to my latest contract!? I could really use one now. Despite the fact that I'm an old player, I still have some value in the trade market. I have saved a fair chunk of TPE that I can use right after the second depreciation hit. In theory, I'm one of the better candidates for trades when you consider old players in VHL.

Still, enough money in the bank to buy ''old but not forgotten'' after the upcoming regular season

200_d.gif

Dolla dolla bills, y'all indeed. In theory I should be able to produce in VHL right until the end of my career. Having that kind of money in your bank waiting for these last years is truly a nice feeling. They say that depreciation is not so bad in the first year, but the hits after that start to take their toll already. I'm in a position where I can fight back.

Perhaps that translates into few more goals and points, maybe even a championship?

In the league for six years - no championships

QuarrelsomeTameIzuthrush-size_restricted

That sucks. The championships are what we play for, right? No matter what I do, I have two more years left in my career before I'm forced to retire. During those two seasons, I don't have any other goals than to win a championship.

''Damn'' also accurately portrays my thoughts regarding the fact that time has gone so fast, feels like it was only yesterday when I was drafted and played my first games in VHL. Look at me now, two more years left and that's it.

200.gif

Sunshine, relaxing. That is what my next few weeks looks like. I'm on a holiday right now. As mentioned, the season for Seattle is over. We got some time off that every player and staff member spends doing whatever they like. I decided to fly away to somewhere sunny.

To those of you who are wondering whether flying out is smart during these tough times. I want you to know that I tried to be responsible, I left my girlfriend back home in Seattle. Safe distances and all that.