#AsktheBouch: Season End

Gaikoku-hito

As the end of the season for the Prague Phantom comes to an end at the hands of the Moscow Menace after a game seven over-time loss, we sit down with Prague Rookie Robert Bouchard for his final thoughts on the season in #AsktheBouch.

Last time we talked I think you were still playing the wild card games against Riga. Please explain how you think the wild card series played out for yourself and your team?

RB: Very surprised to be truthful that we managed to get past Riga to even have a chance at playing Moscow in the first official round of the play-offs. Overall they have a very good team and that series could have gone either way.

So as you mentioned you played Moscow in the next round, what happened?

RB: Well, in the end the better team won. They were seeded higher due to the regular season standing and the feed off the crowds during the final game and simply got lucky that they managed to solve our tenders Gyrfalcon; who complete stood on his head during the series and was the only reason that we even managed to have Moscow on the ropes let alone taking them to game seven.

Now that you are eliminated whom do you think will win the Continental Cup?

RB: Honestly, I don’t care. In the end I focus on my team and my own game. Since we aren’t going to win it I have already switched to off-season mode. Taking a break from the game after a busy season last year with the Founders’ Cup and the WJC Bronze with Canada. So I will take a break and what will feel like a few weeks we will be ready to start my sophomore season.

Any predictions for your sophomore season?

RB: Ask me closer to the season as a lot can happen between now and the training camp. Trade, draft etc… means I might have a larger or small role with the team depending on what the GM & AGM decide to do moving forward. They determine the teams direction while I can only focus on my own game.

So with that we will most like have a few weeks break from the series to allow Robert Bouchard time to prepare for his sophomore season but I can promise you we will be back before you know it as we continue the series #AsktheBouch as we follow the soon to be sophomore in his second season in the VHL.

(420 Words)