Kid Frost on being Introduced to Hockey

TownBizness

VHL.COM recently caught up with middling forward Kid Frost to talk about his experiences growing up with hockey and what ultimately led him to chase this career path.  In an excerpt from that interview, here's what he had to say about what caught his eye about hockey.

"Growing up in the City of Angels, hockey wasn't something that just came natural to me.  Sure I was fast and people would generally consider me tough, but skating wasn't necessarily part of my DNA growing up.  My neighborhood within Los Angeles is most definitely a concrete jungle.  Sure there are some yards with grass of assorted colors.  Sure there are some palm trees, but there's just not a ton of open space.  Most of the kids that I knew growing up played soccer or basketball.  Hockey wasn't really something that we ever considered.  I know I didn't.  It wasn't until a random conversation with one of my teachers that I really ever understood what hockey was.  He used to play hockey growing up and was a big fan of it.  At the school he would see me playing other sports and asked I have ever considered hockey.  At the moment the answer was no, but for some reason he kept pestering me about it."