Gem Or Bust #1

Season 77's entry draft is about to be an amazing draft with some many recreates at the top of the list. So we're going to take a look at a couple of players in this draft and try to determine if they are a Gem or a Bust.

1. Paul Atreides

User: @Mr_Hatter

TPE: 330

So Paul looks to be possibly going first overall in this upcoming entry draft.

106 points this season, and I think that he's looking good to be a GEM

Our very own VSN Head Editor is going to be decimating the competition this season.

2. Reylynn Reinhart

User: @Ricer13

TPE: 257

Does anything really need to be said about Ricer? His players are always going to do well.

A solid defenseman in his rookie season already at 257 TPE. By this time next season He'll likely be around 500 TPE and a solid player for any team.

So I think that this GM is going to be a GEM.

3. TheCHEESE

User: @TheCHEESE

TPE: 115

I wanted to take a look at a player not likely to go in the first round as this can be where some huge gems are.

A first gen player looking to make a name for himself in this league. I respect that.

His stats aren't much to look at but he only really played half the season. I feel like he's going to be a key piece for whoever drafts him when he's capped.

I see this going either way, but I'm going to give my cheesy friend the benefit of the doubt and call him a GEM

4. Asher Reinhart

User: @rjfryman

TPE: 319

I feel like since this is a recreate by the man who runs the draft class rankings, that he's going to definitely be sought after early.

Potentially a first overall pick (maybe?) this recruiter has put up 84 points this season with Houston.

A great center no doubt, but again the problem with centers is the fact they have to put points into FO. 

So honestly this could go either way, but I don't think he's a gem but I don't know if I'd call him a bust. 

So I'm gonna flip a coin (sorry my guy I just suck with numbers)

And the results are in..

He is a 

♋︎●︎●︎ ♒♓︎⬧︎⧫︎□︎❒︎⍓︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒♏♒♓︎⬧︎⧫︎□︎❒︎⍓︎ □︎♐♍︎●︎♋︎⬧︎⬧︎ ⬧︎⧫︎❒︎◆︎♑♑︎●︎♏♍︎□︎❍︎❍︎◆︎■︎♓︎⬧︎❍︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ⬥︎♓︎■︎

5. Duncan Idaho

User: @OrbitingDeath

TPE: 327

My second favorite updater has a recreate! And I'm excited to see how he does.

With 80 points this season he did really well with Houston, who has players all over this list.

Duncan might play right wing, but he's liberal with the goals he scores. (haha)

Anyways do I think that this man is going to be a gem or a bust? 

Well for him to be a bust I have to be able to bring myself to critique people I like, and thats not gonna happen.

So Idaho earns himself the GEM title.

Anyways thank you all very much for reading this article, we had 4 gems and one ♋︎●︎●︎ ♒♓︎⬧︎⧫︎□︎❒︎⍓︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒♏♒♓︎⬧︎⧫︎□︎❒︎⍓︎ □︎♐♍︎●︎♋︎⬧︎⬧︎ ⬧︎⧫︎❒︎◆︎♑♑︎●︎♏♍︎□︎❍︎❍︎◆︎■︎♓︎⬧︎❍︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ⬥︎♓︎■︎. And I think with that we're done! I love you all, stay warm and stay icy, Seacrest out. 

If this is like a satirical take on the VHL's most famous article series "BUST OR LICK", except the gimmick is everybody ends up being a lick and it's hard to be a bust, I will both allow it and applaud you for the finesse it took to think this up.

If this is just some idea you had about doing a draft ranking, and it's unrelated to the VHL's most famous article series "BUST OR LICK", then I'm nowhere near as impressed.

10 hours ago, gorlab said:

If this is like a satirical take on the VHL's most famous article series "BUST OR LICK", except the gimmick is everybody ends up being a lick and it's hard to be a bust, I will both allow it and applaud you for the finesse it took to think this up.

If this is just some idea you had about doing a draft ranking, and it's unrelated to the VHL's most famous article series "BUST OR LICK", then I'm nowhere near as impressed.

Speaking of, Bust or Lick when?