Official Commissioner Resignation

Beaviss

Hello All,

This is my official resignation from the role as VHL Commissioner. My VHL interest has stagnated in the last month or so. I recently took a little break and I found when I came back that it didn't get any better. While this is unfortunate since I once really loved spending all my free time coming to chat and thinking up new ideas for the league and how to make it better. I feel like I've left a little mark good or bad (depending on who you talk to) on the league in the role that its a good time for me to walk away. Hopefully my replacement (if one is hired) can have the passion I first did when entering the role.  

Effective immediately ill be stepping down as VHL Commissioner and as Recruitment Team Leader. Ill be staying on as General Manager of the Wolves for now to see if less responsibility helps and if it doesn't I might step down from that next off season also.  

To be honest I'm just burned out from getting dunked on constantly even if I do sometimes deserve it.

Thank you to everyone that helped during my tyrannical reign as VHL Commissioner. 

See you around,

-Beav

As someone who's dunked on you a ton, my apologies if I've had anything to do with this. If there's anything you'd like to clear up please feel free to shoot me a message.

Thanks a ton for what you did as commissioner and the time you put into your role. A large part of the league (arguably myself included) wouldn't have even found their way over here if it weren't for everything you did for recruitment. Definitely hoping you'll stick around and continue to be active going forward!

Can’t say I’m not a little sad that you’re stepping down, but it was a helluva run and you’ve done a lot for the league. Hopefully the step down reinvigorates your passion for the league, because it’s certainly a MUCH better place with you in it. 

Cheers Beav, won't forget my first day when I hopped in a VC with you where you were stoned as fuck and called me Saturn for the next week. Had a good time with you in vc's and around the league, wishing the best and that you find that passion again. VHL wouldn't be where it is today without you bud.

yo beav. I wanted to start off by echoing gustav, I know I've talked a lot more shit to you and about you than you deserved and from the bottom of my heart I apologize for that. You're legitimately one of the most earnest, hard-working, dedicated people I've met in my time in sim leagues, and I appreciate what you've given to this league more than I could ever tell you. 

If you hadn't gone out and drafted Marvin Harding, put in all the work you did to keep me engaged and eventually become my best friend in this community, I would not be here right now. There is no doubt of that. I owe the best run I've ever had in sim leagues, the most fun I've ever had in sim leagues, the best people I've ever met in sim leagues, all to you. 

Something I've said of you a few times that I don't think I said enough to you is that I wholeheartedly believe the VHL would not be here without your efforts. You took a community that meant a lot to a small group of people that slowly faded over time and devolved into toxic chaos, and you played a massive part in an explosion of membership and engagement. You did all this while taking constant flak from people and toughed it out longer then I would expect anybody to be able to. Thanks to you, my great memories of VHL history from years ago aren't just an irrelevant footnote in sim league history. I struggle to put into words how much I appreciate that, alongside everything else you gave to the league. 

Once again, thank you for everything you've given the league beaviss. In my eyes you are the most impactful person to ever grace the league. I hope you stick around but I understand if you don't.

:(

Edited by .sniffuM

Thank you for everything you have done for VHL. You got to do what's best for you though and if this is what seems right then I'm incredibly happy for you. 

@Beaviss thank you for everything you did as a member of the commissioner team and as recruitment leader.

My best piece of advice is to take a break. Not saying to leave the site, but just have a player, maybe do welfare and some other stuff to get 11/12 TPE weekly, and just chill. Blue Team burnout is 100% real.

• Head Moderator

Great job Beave. Well deserved break or however you want to look at it.

Edit: I should note that you did alot of stuff and hopefully people recognize the energy and effort you put into some of the great stuff you did especially in recruitment.

Edited by tfong

• Commissioner

@Beaviss I can safely say I wouldn't have ever become a part of this community if it wasn't for you. I hope you find a step-back in responsibility reignites the spark that brought you here in the first place. For every one of your ideas that got dunked, you had an absolute gem that transformed this place into what it is now and we're all incredibly grateful for what you've brought to the table. Thank you for that.

Aside from the league; regardless of the spats I've always thought you to be a good friend of mine, I hope you stick around and make more memories here.

Sad day for the VHL as a whole. If you had told me a couple of months ago that you would be stepping down I would have never believed it. 

I still remember when I first returned to the league you answered a bunch of questions for me through the forum chat which really helped me get back into it. I also could not have asked for a better general manager during the first seven seasons of my player's career. I do feel bad that I was an ass to you when I came into gaming chat drunk, but I still loved playing games with you back then and would love to get some drunk HOTS going again if we can, even if gaming chat is League only at this point.

Be sure to keep in touch. I used to enjoy our chats even if they don't happen very often anymore. You are one of the top people in this league I would consider a friend. Hope the time away from being a blue allows you to stick around because even though you do get a lot of shit around here there is no way this league would be where it is at now without your presence.

All the best @Beaviss.

Wow, totally had no clue this was coming. We all have burnout periods with league activity, but it's particularly a bummer to hear that you felt your contributions were either being dismissed or that it was more about the joke/the dunk. This league is what it is today because of your amazing efforts with recruitment, and while you were perhaps a more rebellious Commish during your run than previous takes; you still managed to leave a huge stamp. It feels like the entire of the VHLM became more legitimate under your tenure. The focus on building a community of people other than just the clicks of older members that had stagnated is very much something I feel like you can take huge credit for. 

Sorry to hear that your burnt out and you need some time away, but obviously happy for you that your willing to take it. Best of luck to you @Beaviss thanks for all that you've done bud! :cheers: 

It's a dark day in the VHL... it's safe to say that the league wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you. You'll always have the thanks and gratitude of me and the rest of the community. You always treated me with kindness and respect, even when we busted on each other. 

Flyers is right: burnout is real. Scaling back responsibilities can go a long way, and as others have said, even if you're just a regular member like the rest of us, having you around is the truly important part. 

May you find the ease you're looking for with this decision, just like you helped me with several months ago. 

:cheers: