Official Commissioner Resignation

Beaviss

Thanks for all your efforts and time, @Beaviss. I too have dunked on you and while I stand by some of the moments I slammed the rim like Shaq (I like to joke as well), I still appreciate the things you did and tried to do in the league. Didn’t always agree on issues etc but nobody does 100%. I can acknowledge that you wanted to do what you thought was best and would do good for the league. That’s all we can ask for those who are involved in the league. 

It’s good you stepped away if this is how you feel. Kudos to you for doing it. Lots don’t when it’s passed their due date. Hope the stepping back and focusing on what you enjoy helps remind you the VHL can be a part of that too - maybe just in a lesser version.

Stay healthy, happy and hungry.. 🍔

@Beaviss Thanks for always answering my questions & being one the first welcoming me into the league. You drafted me and traded me but you always were there to help. Hope you stick around. Much love Erik Draven 

Beav, sad to see you stepping down, but happy that you are doing it if that is what you think is best.  The league is has obviously gotten better since you took on the recruitment team leader and commissioner roles.  I hope you decide to stick around at least as a player and stay in the community.

I hope you know that I would consider you a friend and were the best GM I could have asked for getting introduced to the league.

rLhMkS9.png

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Glad we got your Builder induction in while you were still in your prime, it's the cool way to do it.

Now.... return of the Victatorship?

We all know Jardy is coming back from retirement. Everyone get ready for 3 days of missed sims followed by a quadruple sim day!

Good on you though Beav, you're a good man and you'll be hard to replace I'm sure. Cheers man!

Can't say I seen this coming. Unfortunate to hear how your experience here has dwindled and everything. I'm surprised honestly I haven't burnt out myself but thankfully I have taken breaks here and there to avoid it from happening long term. 

Was a pleasure playing under you as GM, obviously idk what happens there, but in respect to this resignation, congratulations on the tenure. Really unfortunate to lose a good one. 

• Commissioner

I’ve known this was coming for months so you’d think I would have prepared something better but no, here we are and I don’t know what to say.

I hired you when it became apparent that Quik’s vacation was going to be, shall we say, longer than anticipated; not because you reminded me of myself, that would be incredibly mean to say, but because you seemed better than myself. You rose through the ranks of the league at an incredible pace and we’re honestly pretty much destined for the blue job so it seemed like the time was right. Do wish it would have been one day sooner or one day later to avoid all the SBA drama on your first day but I digress.

I like to joke that I’m given no credit for reviving a dying league but if I’m being honest most of the credit is yours to take. No amount of effort I put in could have brought in the amount of members you did and while your constant want of expansion annoyed me to no end I can’t deny you were effective as hell at most things you sought to do in the league.

Ultimately you have to do what’s best for you. I’ve said it privately and I’ll say it now: no matter how much I appreciated the help your enjoyment of the league means more. We’ll survive so better that you can enjoy yourself. As @flyersfan1406 once said, “the best way to make someone inactive is to make the blue.” So I’m glad you recognized what was happening and stepped away before it did.

We may not have always agreed, in fact most times we didn’t, but I did enjoy having you on the team and you will be missed.

P.S you are forever cemented as OBC now, no getting around it.

Wow Beav, good for you for putting yourself first. It takes a lot of mindfulness to recognize that it was becoming too much, taking a bit of a break, coming back to it, and still feeling the same way. You’d be crazy to stay on after that. 

But yeah, I can’t say anything that hasn’t be said. You’re the friggin’ man, you left coast hippy pesky pescatarian dude. I’m just bigAL so I don’t get to see you blues hard at work day in day out, but I believe you when you say it’s important league-changing work. The Great YouTube Recruitment of S75 will go down in VHL history as a huge shot in the arm that keeps this place alive for an extra many many seasons. You made that happen and we’ll reap the benefits for years. 

Thanks for sharing your many skills with the VHL for as long as you did. We’re a better place and better people because of you. All the best in retirement, I hope they give you a sweet TPE pension. 

WHAT THE FUCK 

is going on this season? is this a big joke?

we may not have seen eye to eye much or ever but i respect the shit out of you. the position you are in and the pressure you are under. Thank you for taking that on and leaving the VHL better then you found it. I hope one day you find yourself back in the position. take some time to decompress. you are a great guy and even better GM, than you for your contributions to the league. ❤️

Hopefully you find the spark again! You have done excellent job as Commissioner and as Recruitment Team Leader. I was just looking at S57 index where rookie Louth was skating around with 7 other players in Quebec, some teams had even less players, that was normal only 18 or so seasons ago. Look at VHL now! Expansions and maybe even more expansions coming in the future, it's night and day almost like.

I would like to piggyback on .sniffuM thoughts and say that the ''B.Louth as 1C and Palo 2C'' ride was perhaps the most fun I've had in VHL - ever. Helped a lot to respark my own interest towards VHL. 

Hopefully we get to play in the same team some day again! 🍻

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the party, but I'm proud of you son.

You were about a year old and a rising star when I first vanished. Truly nothing delights me more than to see new kids step up and make an impact on this lovely little website. It can indeed be a stressful job and absorb the life out of you, but judging from the current state of the league and the comments in here, it looks like you did a bang up job. :cheers:

Now hopefully this bump frightens some people into thinking Robert is stepping down.

50 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Late to the party, but I'm proud of you son.

You were about a year old and a rising star when I first vanished. Truly nothing delights me more than to see new kids step up and make an impact on this lovely little website. It can indeed be a stressful job and absorb the life out of you, but judging from the current state of the league and the comments in here, it looks like you did a bang up job. :cheers:

Now hopefully this bump frightens some people into thinking Robert is stepping down.

https://vhlforum.com/forum/125-create-a-player/

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

ngl, thought maybe Bek was playing a late April Fool's prank on me by not saying anything and posting a resignation

• 4 months later...

I'm a little late to the party with this post but anyways... Beave and I played in the Metroho league a few years back and became aquaintances in the game through trades and idle chat. I asked if he had left Metroho due to his tean being idle and he messaged me saying he had found the VHL and was very excited about the game. The guy convinced me to jump ship and I did with some apprehension, as I found the game overwhelming for my 53 year old mind.

Beave was a solid shit, who baby step walked me through the game and answered every question I had like how to do a simple copy and paste. Pretty sure I annoyed the fuck out of him but he was cool about it.

S57 was an awesome start to the game for me playing with Keaton Louth and being on a VHLM Ottawa club that won a cup and had a number of players score over 200 pts, including mine.

And even though throughout my whole players career I felt like an outsider in the game due to my age, Beave helped me out. Props goes to all you old timers in the game as well for giving me direction 👌.

I was a little shocked when I heard he left but I also knew it was inevidable.

So with that said a great game with a great bunch of people...Beave included!  Age is just a number, stay young people.

That should be good for 200 words and some future TPE.

Edited by Exlaxchronicles

On 8/21/2021 at 11:47 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

I'm a little late to the party with this post but anyways... Beave and I played in the Metroho league a few years back and became aquaintances in the game through trades and idle chat. I asked if he had left Metroho due to his tean being idle and he messaged me saying he had found the VHL and was very excited about the game. The guy convinced me to jump ship and I did with some apprehension, as I found the game overwhelming for my 53 year old mind.

Beave was a solid shit, who baby step walked me through the game and answered every question I had like how to do a simple copy and paste. Pretty sure I annoyed the fuck out of him but he was cool about it.

S57 was an awesome start to the game for me playing with Keaton Louth and being on a VHLM Ottawa club that won a cup and had a number of players score over 200 pts, including mine.

And even though throughout my whole players career I felt like an outsider in the game due to my age, Beave helped me out. Props goes to all you old timers in the game as well for giving me direction 👌.

I was a little shocked when I heard he left but I also knew it was inevidable.

So with that said a great game with a great bunch of people...Beave included!  Age is just a number, stay young people.

That should be good for 200 words and some future TPE.

Come back anytime I just rejoined the league.