That Great Draft Feeling!

Barry

That Great Draft Feeling!

Most of you have had this experience. Your first season is usually over and now you are excited which team will draft you.  At first comes one interview, then second, third and sometimes more. I think, I´ve answered to four interviews. You did your best in responses and then you can enjoy every moment, every second with which is draft nearer and nearer. And it is finally here!  Probably you have seen the draft to some huge and famous league. If yes, you can imagine that entire atmosphere. Big hall with podium at the beginning and with many tables for GMs and chairs for players and their relatives. You can imagine how it could be with you on their place. Because you are there! You are sitting on the chair and watching twitch with draft stream! The last year, when the draft was heled virtually because of pandemic the atmosphere has been similar. In my case, it was little bit differenced. However, as I´ve said only little bit. As you maybe know, I am from Slovakia and I was in my home country, while draft.  If I could be on the draft at the time, I would have to get up at 3:000 AM. At first, I wanted to get up and watch it, but after quickly consultation with my organism, I stayed at the bed and looked at the results in the morning. But it couldn’t stop me to be happy about all of this! They have drafted you to the VHL! Your game dream became a reality! What is more? I have sprinted to the living room. I opened it and scrolled the site down. First round has been without my name, second the same. The third… yeah I am there 34th overall by LA stars. It is here, the VHL future goalie legend has been drafted to the league, as well.

However, go back to the draft feeling. To be sincere, I was little bit disappointed with the result. The prognoses has told about late second round for my player. But I´ve been selected by LA in the third! Ok, the team is great. There is no reason to do not like the teammates and managers there, but the third round was not success for me, when according charts I could be higher.

And the second and shorter part of the text is my note to everyone, who is going to be drafted this year. Because the charts are one thing, the kind of player that is needed in concretely team second one, the interviews third and selection the fourth. Do not be disappointed if you will be lower than expected. Be happy, that you are part of the great community, enjoy every moment of the draft, if you are not going to retire sooner than it is need, you will be able to be in the draft after 8 seasons and that is too long time. I was been drafted lower, but does it matter? Nope! You could win the cup with each team, you could meet the best teammates in each team and in the worst case, you can be traded. So good luck to everyone who is in draft age!

ENJOY IT!!

542 words

Review: I remember my first draft, I didn’t know much about the league and wasn’t nearly as invested, but was excited when I logged on! In a league that only requires 16 starters, going in the top of the third is a great feat for a first Gen goalie, don’t be discouraged or worry where you fall, putting in the work will get the results you want. Good review

8/10