Retiring as Moscow GM

Victor

• Admin

Well, I have to say it would have been so poetic if I could say "12 seasons - a cup in my 6th and a cup in my 12th". Alas, the almighty sim had other plans.

Nonetheless,

12 seasons

9 playoff appearances (including an ongoing 8-season streak)

3 Victory Cups

2 finals appearances

1 Continental Cup

and 3 Top GM trophies (maybe one more on my way out?)

Not bad for an expansion team eh?

I think I set myself a target of about 10 seasons as GM and to win the cup at least once. All in all, mission accomplished. I actually had plans to retire after the back-to-back finals in S70 and S71, but stumbling into a superb S72 draft class reinvigorated me long enough to build a new core. We didn't quite reach the previous heights, but it was a solid run and it was a fun locker room all the way through.

I don't think I would have gone back into the GMing game under any circumstance other than expansion, but the appeal of building a franchise from scratch was too much to look past and I am very happy with the result. Moscow is a staple of the league now, it's an attractive franchise, and there is a legacy to carry forward. I'm hugely ambitious so there's usually lingering disappointment from anything but I am sure I will look back at this era with a sense of pride.

I will also remember fondly the many players who have gone through Moscow over my time here. It would be unfair to only name a few in this post but stay tuned for an article of some shape in the near future.

That's a wrap though. I will oversee trade negotiations until my replacement is formally announced but I suspect someone else will be representing Moscow at the draft next week. Actually, that won't be much of a change....

MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW x

You've been the best GM I could ask for Vic. Even though you never scouted me and just dm'd me 5 minutes before the draft to ask for NYA's draft board, Moscow just always felt like the place I wanted to be and so much of that was because of you. 

Thanks for drafting me and not trading me to Davos when I sucked. Hopefully you don't send me to Davos in the next week either. Will always appreciate what you've done for me and I'm just glad I got a few seasons to learn about building a defenseman and being a good GM from you. 

I'll see you around bud, I'm not letting you leave the VHL as long as I'm still here 🥲

They say celebrities go in threes, there's our third one.

Well done stepping up to answer the call of duty when needed, and leaving the team with a (too) proud past and (too) bright future. Enjoy retirement until the next round of expansion! (Pittsburgh and somewhere Vic chooses, right?)

Wow, I just joined the league in October but I only heard good things about Moscow, you really managed to make a dynasty from scratch and its impressive. Big loss for the league and for Moscow!

Wow. Surprised to hear it but I'm glad you're taking the time for yourself now. Incredible job with Moscow and I wish you the best. Keep being awesome, Vic.

PS: Chelsea is shit mate

Pretty big news considering the Menace is one of the best teams right now. Wanted to play in Moscow just because of how in-depth and strategy driven you are, definitely one of the best managers to do it! Sure someone will carry on what you started close by I hope but it's going to be different seeing another forumers name on the front page. Anyway, thanks for representing the league to the fullest, getting people involved and creating a dynasty every GM will follow in future seasons 👍

I had a ton of fun these last few seasons. you were an amazing gm, and put together an amazing team that just got crushed by the sim in the playoffs. Its gonna be hard to find someone a good as you as a GM.

Cheers!

MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW!

@Victor

• Commissioner

Obviously I wish I could have helped you get that second cup but the sim gods decided to hate us. No matter what you did an excellent job with the league’s first expansion team in 30 seasons or whatever it was at the time and you made Moscow a force in Europe while also leaving your successor some pieces to work with. 

Despite playing here 3 seasons now I have never once said this, I was waiting for your retirement or a cup to do so.

MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW

Goodbye Daddy.

Moscow is such a great storya nd its all because of your hard work. the new GM has some big shoes to fill. you are a staple and amazing. lets hope you get a chance to GM again <3