The one about Simming

Quik

Hi Everyone,

If you have not been living under a rock the past few weeks, you know that the topic of Live Simming was a popular discussion, for lack of a better phrase. Before going any further, I will reiterate that @Beketov is an upstanding member of the community who has given more to this league than most anyone in its history, and any accusations of rigged sims are completely, and utterly, unfounded. While the manner in which the debate started was perhaps the wrong way to go about it, the request of Live Sims from a wide range of members was heard.

After further discussion, moving forward, a requirement of simming the VHL will be to include Live Streams of simming in both the Regular Season and Playoffs. Whether that is on twitch, youtube, or in the main league discord, that much is up to the simmer.

Again, this is not because any wrongdoing has been done on the part of anyone to sim the league, but is a move to provide a more open experience in the process for everyone.

Thank you,

@Commissioner

• Commissioner

Additional note as well: this will be for both the VHL and VHLM. It’s not a matter of whether or not there’s a conflict of interest, it’s a matter of transparency and both leagues deserve that. I hope everyone enjoys watching manual roster moves, the VHLM is full of them.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Additional note as well: this will be for both the VHL and VHLM. It’s not a matter of whether or not there’s a conflict of interest, it’s a matter of transparency and both leagues deserve that. I hope everyone enjoys watching manual roster moves, the VHLM is full of them.

Good thing there's 2 managers :D

• Commissioner
Just now, 16z said:

Roster moves? line up changes?

Yes? We need to manually do those in the sim so live means people are just going to be watching 20 minutes of us moving players around.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yes? We need to manually do those in the sim so live means people are just going to be watching 20 minutes of us moving players around.

Yeah I get that, just thankful for all the busy hands behind the scenes to make it work, the more we know!

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, 16z said:

Yeah I get that, just thankful for all the busy hands behind the scenes to make it work, the more we know!

I just don’t even know what you mean by managers but anyway.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, 16z said:

Wrong word, management/commissioners but you knew what I meant 😛

Clearly I didn’t haha. Also @Quik is only backup simmer + special events, he has nothing to do with regular simming.

I hope this announcement and live simulating doesn't cause too many issues with burn out and scheduling etc. It's good though that nobody will be able to accuse or question the integrity anymore though. Well see how this goes.

Thank you and good luck to our simmers!

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

Devise live everyday? Ogod what have we done!

We've never seen Devise live, only Saint Nico-sims.

Although I've never seen Devise and Saint Nico-sims in the same room at the same time....

33 minutes ago, Dil said:

hold on, you're telling me @gorlab caused actual change? are pigs flying yet?

I dont think his tirade necessarily effected the change on its own (in fact, as it pointed out if anything it made a lot of people in bog/blue react pretty negatively) but he was not the only one that shared his opinion on the matter and there seemed to be an overwhelming amount of support to being more transparent about it.

19 minutes ago, gregreg said:

So the baby won... smh guys smh

No, the league ultimately did.  The league had numerous quality members contribute their thoughts on why it would be good for the league and with the overwhelming amount of support, it would be shortsighted to not listen.

This has been on the books for a long time...this was just the first time we saw a significant amount of vocal league wide support for it.

7 minutes ago, Advantage said:

No, the league ultimately did.  The league had numerous quality members contribute their thoughts on why it would be good for the league and with the overwhelming amount of support, it would be shortsighted to not listen.

This has been on the books for a long time...this was just the first time we saw a significant amount of vocal league wide support for it.

Whatever you have to tell yourself