VHL Mental Health Initiative - Another update from PatrikLaine

Laine

Over the last few days, I've put together a few people on the staff team and put a few things together. The server isn't completely done, with some work to do, but I think it is enough to the point where we can open it up. I hope this becomes a vital part of the community and helps the well-being of VHL members.

Discord Invite:
https://discord.gg/ECPanhUMkt

For those who don't know, the VHL Mental Health Initiative is a community put-together initiative that is meant to ensure the mental health and safety of VHL members. The discord server that has been put together is a place where members can leave their troubles at the door and just have a good time with other members or if they are in search of help, people can talk with them and provide various resources. We are hoping to make this a staple of the VHL community. Especially with everything going on right now, this is a place where are members can feel comfortable and loved. I'm hoping to see a lot of the members join and help keep the server a place for all of us!

Hoping to see all of you in the server!

- PatrikLaine

7 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

I know I'm going to take some flak for this comment, but I would feel bad if I didn't say anything.

I honestly think this kind of a goal is worrying for some people on an internet forum. This is a very serious matter that comes with an even more serious responsibility, and if handled incorrectly, could potentially end up doing more harm than good. I know this is very well intentioned, and I applaud you guys for reaching out and doing your best to help, but I hope you understand that this kind of a goal is a serious undertaking- especially with a recent influx of newer, younger, and potentially more impressionable members of the league.

If you're struggling with your own mental health, please seek out a professional or take advantage of one of many available resources. Strangers on a hobby forum can only do so much to improve your situation, please don't put all your chips in the basket of a few internet friends. Speaking as someone who's made that mistake before.

Very true. We don't leave this just up to ourselves, as we have lots of resources that will be readily available where professional help is provided. We are prepared for the fact that in truth, we cannot handle every situation. This is why we make sure that links and numbers that directly lead to professional help are present in our server. I appreciate you stepping up with that comment, though.

Edited by PatrikLaine