S76 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

Would you look at the time, it's HOF induction time already! Warning: A lot of awards are about to be listed.

D - Condor Adrienne, S68-S75 :mal:

RS: 576 GP, 156 G, 442 A, 598 P, +74, 1,417 PIM, 1,936 HIT, 1,144 SB, 18 GW

PO: 66 GP, 14 G, 55 A, 69 P, +18, 148 PIM, 232 HIT, 144 SB, 3 GW

S70 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

S72 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding)

S72 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S72 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S72 Alexander Valiq Trophy (Top Offensive Defenceman)

S73 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

S74 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S74 Alexander Valiq Trophy (Top Offensive Defenceman)

S74 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

S75 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S75 Alexander Valiq Trophy (Top Offensive Defenceman)

S75 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

3x All-VHL First Team (S72, S74, S75)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S73)

One Continental Cup (S75)

There was something inevitable about the consensus 1st overall pick Condor Adrienne in S68, as everyone could see it was back to @OrbitingDeath  at his best. And yet, his ascent to greatness wasn't immediate. A surprise run to the finals in his rookie season, a Wylde Trophy in his 3rd, it wasn't quite a rapid start. But then, as Malmo went into a rebuild, Adrienne became their shining light. Even when he became the first defenceman to lead the league in scoring in nearly 60 seasons, his Hall of Fame case wasn't secure, but between then and winning the cup with Malmo in his last game, Adrienne dominated the defencemen field to such an extent that there remained no doubt. A selection of accolades reads as follows:

Most Valiq Trophies

Most Wylde Trophies

1st Player to win Labatte, Wylde, and Valiq in same season

2nd Defenceman to lead the VHL in scoring (1st since S14)

He's the best defenceman we've seen in over 20 seasons, if not longer, and it will take a while for another to match him. Except, one didn't fall far behind even when competing against him....

D - Lincoln Tate, S67-S74 :rig:

RS: 576 GP, 98 G, 410 A, 508 P, +125, 860 PIM, 1,314 HIT, 940 SB, 15 GW

PO: 91 GP, 19 G, 59 A, 78 P, +16, 137 PIM, 208 HIT, 158 SB, 4 GW

S71 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S71 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

S72 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

S73 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S73 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

S74 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

3x All-VHL First Team (S71, S72, S73)

1x All-VHL Second Team (S74)

One Continental Cup (S72)

You're not going to look as good on the same page as Adrienne, but few players could rightly consider themselves pretty much equals as much as Lincoln Tate. There's a lot of similarities - fellow 1st overall picks, far from plain sailing at the start, one-team men. I was a bit surprised to see Riga go for @Tate after their big trade to get 1st overall and for a while, it seemed like a rare misfire for the GM. Not in terms of TPE, but in terms of performance Tate did not seem to stand out. Like Adrienne though, as soon as he crossed the halfway mark of his career, Tate transformed into one of the elite defencemen. Between S71 and S75, they took home all the Labatte Trophies. Tate also led his team to the cup as well, part of one of the all-time great defensive units in VHL history, having been an instrumental part of Riga's record-setting 13-season playoff streak (it ended immediately after Tate's retirement).

It is fitting that the two defencemen that dominated their generation will forever be remembered together through this HOF induction.

VOTE RESULTS

Condor Adrienne - 12/12

Lincoln Tate - 8/12

---

Mike Szatkowski Jr. - 1/12

Raymond Bernard - 1/12

Hulk Hogan, Jeff Downey, Wesley Kellinger, Tyson Kohler, Jakab Holik, Alexander Pepper - 0/12

And as usual, we are not quite done here as we have a Builder to announce! This one I am particularly pleased to announce as I have been something of this man's cheerleader for half a decade now. As a little-known first-gen Shane Baker, I brought him to Davos and he formed a defensive partnership with my own player that went to 3 straight finals and won 2 cups. I have then continued to hype up his players of increasing quality - Severin von Karma, Hall of Fame goalie Apollo Skye, Veran Dragomir, and most recently Soren Jensen. But it's not just about players for @Velevra  who over the course of these careers has earned an astronomical amount of TPE by being one of our most reliable updates, from manual labour to the present Portal-driven days. Even more importantly, prior to the implementation of the Portal and its connection to the sim, Velevra was the one who manually updated attributes for players in the sim which as you can imagine is a highly unpleasant task and took a massive workload off the simmers who previously did this themselves. Through it all, Velevra has maintained a quiet profile, happy to get on with his job with little to no recognition. Well now we are recognising him as best we can, immortalising Velevra as VHL Builder.

Congratulations @OrbitingDeath  @Tate and @Velevra !

• Victor featured this topic

Congrats all around, good to see some defense domination this era. 

I'm not even gonna ask how you do it anymore @OrbitingDeath your ability to make quality players is equal to my ability to make scrubs.

Also huge shout out to @Velevra for all the countless seasons doing those manual sim updates in the before portal times. It was tireless work but super vital, absolutely worthy of builder recognition.

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

Congrats all around, good to see some defense domination this era. 

I'm not even gonna ask how you do it anymore @OrbitingDeath your ability to make quality players is equal to my ability to make scrubs.

You are the Yin to my Yang Ryan, our players keep the league in balance.

It's so fitting to see Condor Adrienne and Lincoln Tate go into the Hall of Fame together, as they're forever intertwined through their dominance in the early to mid 70s. Just like how they shared the Jake Wylde Trophy in Season 74 after Tate's final season, it's so cool for them both to once again share the biggest individual honor of all by achieving immortality as one. 

Congratulations to @OrbitingDeath  and @Tate on outstanding careers, and to @Velevra for finally getting his due!

Having played against Adrienne and Tate, you always knew you were going to get dominated. Congratulations, @OrbitingDeath  and @Tate, you are legends of the VHL and I see a Top-100 in your future! Good luck with the next players. 

Thanks for all of your hard work, @Velevra ! Congrats and well deserved!

Definitely did not see this coming.  A huge thank you to everyone for their kind words and to the HOF committee for giving me this amazing honour!

I'm taking a bit of a break after Jensen's retirement since real life is super busy at the moment but hope to potentially come back to this awesome community at some point in the future :)

• Victor unfeatured this topic