Jannik Nylen Junior Review

DreMin15

Jannik Ratislav Nylen, born in Viberg, Denmark, has played for the past 5 years in the Metal Ligaen. Playing in Denmark's top-teir professional league has conditioned him to play well against people not only his own age, but those with much more skill and experience than him.

Beginning his professional career with the Odense Bulldogs in 2016, Nylen played 23 games in his rookie season, tallying 3 goals and 7 assists for 10 points. For an 18-year-old rookie, these numbers were quite commendable. The next season saw him play the full 45-game season, tallying 7 goals and 20 assists, though many considered him a "third assist" type of player, often making the breakout passes that led to many goals for his team. His Ligaen career took a turn when he was traded that offseason to the Esbjerg Energy, where he then would crank up his offensive production. Though not as many goals, scoring 13 goals, he exploded in the other category for 44 assists, for 57 points in 45 games. These totals might make you think that Nylen is the type of defenseman to have a downside of defensive ability. However, this could not be further from the truth. Jannik actually prefers stopping potential scoring chances than creating them for his own team. In his next two seasons with Esbjerg, he would continue to excel as a young defenseman, scoring 63 and 66 points in his final two seasons in the Metal Ligaen. Nylen has been quoted as saying, by a Danish newspaper,  "Jeg tror, at jeg kan være en stor fordel for ethvert hold i VHLM og til sidst VHL, og håber at bringe mine defensive og offensive færdigheder til det hold, der har mig." ("I believe that I can be a great benefit to any team in the VHLM, and eventually the VHL, and hope to bring my defensive and offensive skills to whatever team will have me.) The last part of Nylen that many would be delighted to hear, showcased in the previous quote, is the ability and willingness to work with any situation. He knows that not everything will always go peachy, his first two seasons were on a team that was near the bottom of the standings, and knows that sometimes you just need to work more with yourself and your team. Jannik looks forward to seeing how his skills will translate to the VHLM, and hopes to show that his accolades in the Metal Ligaen weren't just for show,

Edited by DreMin15

• 2 weeks later...