Time for a change in award voting

rory

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 5:31 AM, Quik said:

I mean, for the most part when would you suggest doing them that would give enough time to get awards predictions in ahead of the next season?

The regular season awards ballot should be done earlier imo, instead of waiting for the finals to end. Getting those done then have a vote on Kanou isn’t so “unrealistic” imo 

Since most awards are regular season, discussions on those could take place during playoffs, then once playoffs are over, add in the last ones that are needed. Some awards need some time to discuss so having that extra time for most of them would help a lot.

• Admin
2 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Since most awards are regular season, discussions on those could take place during playoffs, then once playoffs are over, add in the last ones that are needed. Some awards need some time to discuss so having that extra time for most of them would help a lot.

Discussions do take place during the playoffs.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:30 AM, bigAL said:

With all this talk of finding an impartial group of people who follow the league so closely that they have a strong understanding of how things are going every season..... why not get VSN to vote on the awards??

I know this was posted forever ago, but as the Head of VSN I think that would not be a good idea haha. Realistically, we only have 1 or 2guys covering VHL on an in depth basis every week, and the bandwidth for discussion is pretty low with the rest of the job's requirements.