Druss Deathwalker leaves S77 Draft motivated

animal74

Druss Deathwalker sits in front of his laptop with his jersey over his shoulder because it doesn't fit his 6' 7" 250 lbs frame, takes a sip of from a flagon of Lentrian red and strokes his black beard as he listens to the first reporter who asks how he feels about being selected 11th overall by the Malmo Nighthawks.

"To be honest, I was a wee disappointed," he huffs but adds quickly, "Don't get me wrong, laddie, I'm thrilled to be a Nighthawk! In fact my best interview was with (then AGM) @Juice and they really seemed to want me to play for them, so I'm glad that they were able to select me. But I had worked extremely hard at my game and I thought I would be in the Top-10 for sure - that was my goal."

The next reporter asks if being passed over so many times provides motivation and does he think he has something to prove?

Deathwalker's face darkens quicker than a brewing mountain storm. "Oh, aye. I'm plenty motivated. If you didn't draft me that just means I can crush you. All those defensemen who were picked ahead of me, well, let's see how well they can defend when they're crumpled in a heap in the corner. Since I didn't make the Top-10 in the draft, I have a new Top-10 list now - a hit list of those who were drafted ahead of me. I'm coming for you. Except for @Telkster (also drafted by Malmo, 5th overall). I might just give him a noogie in practice.

That doesn't sound good for the rest of the VHL!

Edited by animal74

7 hours ago, animal74 said:

All those defensemen who were picked ahead of me, well, let's see how well they can defend when they're crumpled in a heap in the corner

Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

@animal74 

I need to bulk up for our first matchup lol

Edited by Jubis