VHL Android App

Josh

• Commissioner

Given that both member's that were slated to / worked on the Android app are no longer part of the league, I'd like to put out a thread to gauge it's usefulness and to determine if we should continue supporting it. 

Please comment on if you use the app / what you think it's most useful for. Is there anything it does better than just navigating to the forums/portal through your phones browser?

Hello, I actually found the league through the app, been using it since.. it pretty much functions perfectly and just like the web browser, really good to use when you aren't on your computer and to quickly get things (as i have done for most of my activity on the forum). I would love it if the app stays supported, really makes it easier to post quick tasks or check any notifications/messages or to just scroll through threads and replying on them (fyi I am using the app as i write this lol) the only problem i have encountered with the app is that links don't often work.. for example the link to the VHL discord didn't work through app, the link to the predictions for the wjc. So anything that bring it out of the forum or vhl portal basically doesn't work from app.. which is not a huge deal but it is the apps only flaw. Aside from that minor issue its honestly amazing and really useful!

I pretty much echo what is said above, there isn't necessarily anything specific I would miss about it, but imo the experience is a bit more streamlined on the app than on mobile browser. 

The app is the reason why I was able to stay so active during my first season in the league.

It's a really good one stop shop for Forums, Portal, and Indexes.

I think it should not only be continued to be supported, but expanded upon to other platforms.