S76 Champions Banner Poll

Quik

Banner Contest  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner

I voted for 2. 4 is also great and deserves equal praise BUT the creator got lazy when replacing the I in Phoenix with the cup and didn’t actually ask out the I which is still visible in behind. This gaff is enough to put 2 over the edge.

Seriously though, all around very strong year for these.

Damn I thought I'd be at least top 4; I thought mine was good.

All these are better though so that's not a complaint. I'm voting for 2 even though I usually like things way too saturated.

One of my favourite things in the world is a classic 4-H judging competition, where you have to rank four of something from best to least best, and give specific reasons for each one based on the 'ideal' version of whatever that is. This is a hard one to rank because they're all so so so much better than anything I could make. Big ups to all these artists.

I place this class of championship banners 2, 1, 3, 4.

I place 2 at the top of the class because the beautiful highlighting of yellow and red, separating and contrasting the two champs. Outlining the player in a stronger yellow/red, the logo a little less bright, and then the fainter names in the background is a great use of colour. The faded logos look so, so good and fit the vibe of the banner perfectly. I give 2 the edge over 1 because of the strong use of colour.

I place 1 over 3 because of the stronger use of colour. 1 uses black and white very effectively because there is so little other colour that the logos and horizontal stripe really pop. The colour of 3 is bright and bold, and overpowers the viewer with neon lights. The inclusion of players and trophies makes 1 more effective than 3. 

I place 3 over 4 because of 3's strength at highlighting the champions. The faded but vibrant logos , with the X-TREME writing of Season 77, and the front-and-centre celebration of the players who won give the edge over 4.

While 4 does a good job using player renders, altering colours, and contrasting them with a quieter background, I place it at the bottom of the class because of the text. Putting the Chicago roster list on the Mexico City half of the banner is confusing, especially because the Mexico City roster isn't included at all.

For these reasons, I place this class of championship banners 2, 1, 3, 4.

edit: claiming this as a review because 

Edited by bigAL

Just now, fishy said:

can you please stop being a good sport, i'm trying to start shit

someone please ping the mods, we have a shit disturber on the loose

Okay I am voting two because it’s beautiful. My only critique is that you can see the logo of the hurricanes on jersey. Would have been great had the creator tried to put the Mexico logo behind there instead. 

Loved all of these. My runner up was 1.

1 hour ago, dasboot said:

Would have picked 4 but spelt Blazzer wrong and can’t have that disrespect 

With how many names are spelled wrong on the Stanley Cup, it almost adds something to it. lol

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

Would you also be shutting it down to hit the mod quota?

i have become the thing that i swore to destroy