Isau DaMoose - Veteran Presence

Eynhallow

Isau: The Veteran

kkIstrVCYAfFW6urQajvvz98lyJi1B2oNf-ixsHxRqTV8VS_C4sS8Xe3C_zgx_qkDaDm51Yrs724MSMLTuLaV9fT4SURDl7j0QV7jw61vWuFks3ywh6q0RXRwat2hXQoN8nDrjsA

Hard to believe, a veteran already.  I noticed that Robert Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito of the Prague Phantoms had the same reaction.  How can I be a veteran when I am just starting my second season in the VHL.  Things have certainly changed since the days of playing with the Philadelphia Reapers in the VHLM.  What I noticed immediately is that there are some very talented players in the VHL.  Meaning that to be able to compete, you must increase your attributes as well.  My advice to younger players would be to work on Defence and Offence first.  Get those attributes up to a competitive level and go from there.

My second bit of advice has to do with the Locker Room, whether it be through the forum or on Discord.  Be present.  You do not necessarily have to participate a great deal, but this is an area where you can find TPE opportunities and meet your teammates.  Another important aspect of the locker room is to get advice on your build.  If you are not sure of something, this is the place to ask your question(s).  You will find a wealth of information and support here.

Thirdly, remember that hockey is a business.  You could get traded.  Or you might not be getting the kind of ice time you think you deserve.  Well, you are “working” for your General Manager and, so, he/she is the person to address your concerns.  In my experience, if this is done diplomatically (as opposed to adversarily) GM’s are more than willing to share their rationale behind their actions.  Whatever happens, don’t take it personally, because it’s all in the business.  A word of caution here.  You will notice that there is frequent “drama” that occurs in the forums.  Treat that as amusing side bars. Much of said “drama” goes on between players that already have a rocky history.  If you absolutely must respond, or if you chose to say something controversial, be prepared for the fallout.  There is absolutely no accounting for the opinions and varied reactions of other people.

Have some fun.  That’s what this is all about anyways.  Explore and develop your persona. As much as you will entertain others you, yourself will be entertained.  I recall dreaming up Isau’s odd backstory.  He came from a series of ghost towns here in Northern Ontario.  It was a lot of fun creating team names and the like.

FI9D8EUqc-nyZlNX8U4L6WhIxTxQtMfb5goahlQkh7oA0gkWZXqfeS9AQG2adh188xJl1NLsUdZCh2TycilIcC6FltliObcyBrH4Ln0t_ce7Fs8qDzibixetG-OAddfRel_fcYym

As well, I was able to relate some local legends that I hoped would be fun for others to read.  For example, I told the story about The Black Widow which was a local legend.  Nikki Starr was introduced early on.  The stories about Nikki are amusing and embarrassingly true.

At the end of the day, I am enjoying having a player in the VHL.  The sim engine can be frustratingly challenging, but that is what makes this fun.  You can’t really predict what’s coming down the pike.

Enjoy your time here, it's a blast !!

Word Count: 502

Edited by Eynhallow

8 hours ago, Eynhallow said:

If you absolutely must respond, or if you chose to say something controversial, be prepared for the fallout.  There is absolutely no accounting for the opinions and varied reactions of other people.

Oh, I learned this far too well a season or two back. Instant regret commenting when I knew I should have simple walked away from the disrespectful comments. Yeah, Learning lessons!!

Overall great read and solid advise ....... I would say we all are reacting the same way with the already aspect of thought since I seen @tcookie as make the same comments.

Best of luck in Riga this year as I think the team should make some waves now that your core has developed further.