S77 Toronto Legion

Peace

So the season begins today and I'm excited to finally reveal something we've been working on, but first I need to make a very special acknowledgement: @BOOMhas risen above and beyond for our roster by offering his time and talents for each individual we currently entertain on the Toronto Legion. He's even created graphics for players that have departed or Toronto targeted in free agency, so we all owe him a token of our appreciation. I want to state that I am not claiming any of this for TPE, and the graphics provided by BOOM are his and his only... we'll just be using them here in the Toronto Social Club. 

Without further ado... your season seventy-seven Toronto Legion! 

Yes you can finally use these as your signatures now!

#1 | G | Sirkants Klamasteris | @hedgehog337

klamasteris.png?width=400&height=204

Klamasteris joined the Toronto Legion after a trade with the Riga Reign a few seasons ago. Although Sirkants will serve as the 1B goaltender for the Legion this season, he'll absolutely become Toronto's starting goaltender upon Jaxx Hextall retiring. 'The Klam' had a rough sophomore season and seeks to improve upon his 3.1 goals against average, and make no doubt he is the next starter of Toronto after signing a three season extension with the club during the off season.

#7 | LW | Frank Funk Jr | @Rayzor_7
funkjr4.png?width=400&height=204

Frank Funk Jr joined the Toronto Legion after being selected sixth overall in the S76 VHL Entry Draft. He had a rough rookie campaign but looks poised to fight for the most improved individual award, and Toronto is going to attempt to get him there. He will attack S77 with the experience he's gained from his rookie campaign, and personal improvements from his ongoing development.  

#13 | RW | Ziarie Anigbogu | @ngine4

anigbogu.png?width=400&height=204

Ziarie Anigbogu joined the Toronto Legion as a defensemen during the S72 VHL Entry Draft -- where Toronto selected him thirty eighth overall -- and has quietly done his duties for the club. He eventually joined the roster in S74 and has recently moved to the right wing to bolster Toronto's offensive firepower.

#15 | D | Scotty Kaberle | @fromtheinside
kabeA.png?width=400&height=204

Scotty Kaberle joined the Toronto Legion after being selected eleventh overall in the S75 VHL Entry Draft and has quickly risen to become the top defender on the Legions' depth chart. The impressive improvement both as an individual and a professional hockey player guide him towards being a star in the VHL... and fast. 

#21 | LW | Nicholas Sunderbruch | @NickSunderbruch
sunder.png?width=400&height=204

Nicholas Sunderbruch joined the Toronto Legion after being selected thirty-fifth overall in the S74 VHL Entry Draft. Although he has endured through a rollercoaster of emotions -- from a great rookie campaign to a depressing sophomore season -- Sunderbruch has quietly earned himself a reputation as a reliable player for Toronto.

#23 | C | Wolf Weiss | @Matmenzinger

weiss.png?width=400&height=204

Wolf Weiss joined the Toronto Legion after being selected twenty-fifth overall in the S74 VHL Entry Draft. As a player his development has been steady and reliably, although he had a rough sophomore season after an early shake up of Legion last season. Weiss will be a key piece of Toronto's depth for a while longer, and will get to display his improved skills this season.

#29 | C | Asher Reinhart | @rjfryman

reinhart.png?width=400&height=204

Asher Reinhart joins the Toronto Legion after being selected sixth overall in the S77 VHL Entry Draft. The young rookie looks to make an immediate impact as Toronto's second line center and will fight for the top rookie individual award as perhaps the leagues dark horse in that race. Welcome to Toronto, rookie, let's get that bread for you. 

#43 | D | Jolly Green Giant | @DoktorFunk

giant.png?width=400&height=204

Jolly Green Giant joined the Toronto Legion after being selected second overall in the S75 VHL Entry Draft. Giant is a reliable offensive defensemen who looks to improve upon his rookie campaign, and represents Toronto's investment in their defense. Giant will anchor the blue line on a more offensive team, and could battle for some individual trophies this season.

#54 | G | Jaxx Hextall | @ROOKIE745

hext2.png?width=400&height=204

Jaxx Hextall joined the Toronto Legion after a trade with the HC Davos Dynamo during the S70 VHL off season. He's served as your CAPTAIN -- and does so again this season -- for numerous consecutive campaigns and already has his number all but retired for Toronto. He has endured with the team through thick and thin, and now the team will try to get him a championship for his efforts. #WinForRookie

#59 | RW | Gunnar Odinsson | @BOOM

odin6.png?width=400&height=204

Gunnar Odinsson joined the Toronto Legion from the Helsinki Titans after a mid-season trade during Toronto's last campaign. Odinsson immediately moved to forward and quickly represented Toronto's offensive hopes for the upcoming season. Gunnar was named ALTERNATE CAPTAIN by management prior to the season beginning after displaying a true team first mentality, going 'above and beyond' of what is typical in a team environment.

#72 | D | Kristof Welch | @Juice

welchnew.png?width=400&height=204

Kristof Welch joined the Toronto Legion after being selected fifth overall in the S76 VHL Entry Draft. Welch had a decent rookie campaign but looks to achieve more for both Toronto and himself in his second season, and will benefit from starting the season on his friends line. Together the duo have the potential to create a reliable pair for the Toronto Legion, and could fight to become one of the better pairs in the league.

#81 | RW | Oh Sens | @osens

sens.png?width=400&height=204

Oh Sens joined the Toronto Legion after a trade with the Helsinki Titans near the S74 trade deadline. During his time with Toronto Oh Sens has become the offensive leader, averaging north of point-per-game and looks to continue his performance in this upcoming season with a strengthened Toronto offense.

#91 | RW | Jon Webber | @Webberj
webber.png?width=400&height=204

John Webber joined the Toronto Legion after a trade with the Helsinki Titans during this offseason. Webber replaces Gainer on the depth chart and hopes to best Gainer's rookie season on a more offensive Toronto roster. The rookie will start the season on the third line but has the ability to move up the depth chart as he develops.

#94 | C | Lester Green
green.png?width=400&height=204

Lester Green joined the Toronto Legion after a trade with the Las Angeles Stars last season. He has immediately improved the locker room environment, put the team above his own desires and recently switched to C for his team. Green looks to being the Legion into dominance and has been named an ALTERNATE CAPTAIN for numerous reasons... including his infectious positivity.

#96 | D | Kate Upton | @OscarTheSwagDude
upton2.png?width=400&height=204

Kate Upton joined the Toronto Legion during the free agency frenzy and will play on the same team as friend Ziarie Anigbogu. Upton agreed to a one season deal with Toronto and looks to improve upon her fourteen point rookie campaign with a reimagined Toronto hockey club. 

And finally... your GM: 
gm2.png?width=400&height=204

It as I... actually me. I am your GM.

Edited by Peace

... and the graphics provided by BOOM are his and his only... we'll just be using them here in the Toronto Social Club.

They are ours, not mine. I'm not claiming them as PT's or anything and even if I was, they are for each individual to use or not use however they see fit. Social Club unite! 

#winit4Rookie

Big thanks to @BOOM for his incredible work with the sigs, and @Peace for the writeups on each guy!

To echo was Dok said, it really is a treat to be part of this group, it's taken a bit to get it where it is but I am so happy with our current squad. People constantly lifting each other up, positive vibes... it's great and even the new guys @rjfryman and @Webberj have seamlessly fit in great. We aren't quite a powerhouse yet, but I truly feel we are moving in the right direction!

Added @hedgehog337's goalie. The graphic was complete, we were just waiting for a jersey number. I gave him one, so if you want me to change it Hedge let me know. :) 

#1 may seem like a lazy pick... blame random.org for that one.