The one about tiebreakers

Beketov

• Commissioner

Yeah I'm stealing @Quik's naming scheme for this.

Just a super small and quick announcement today (mostly of concern for the @VHL GM's and @VHLM GM's) that over the off-season the @BOG took a vote to formalize our tiebreaker rules. Historically they were almost never used so they were never really formalized but with so many teams between the VHLM and VHL it's becoming increasingly common to have two teams with the same amount of points. The decision came down mostly to whether we followed the NHL's regulations or if we followed our own former precedent.

So, to make it official (and the portal now reflects this) moving forward the order of importance for standings is: Points > Wins > ROW > Goal Differential.

If somehow two teams end up tied on all of that (I would be stunned) then we'll have to figure out some extra layer but for not at least we have that finalized.

• Commissioner
26 minutes ago, JeffD said:

ROW over W smdh

My argument will always be that ROW over wins basically makes it so that 2 OTL's means more than a SO win. You can argue SO is a broken system or whatever but at the end of the day I don't like having losses count for more than wins. Just look at Prague and Helsinki last season. Prague had 3 wins more but were under Helsinki in the standings; that doesn't seem fair.

• Commissioner
57 minutes ago, Jericho said:

What a shit system and you guys should feel bad for coming up with it.

Wake up Sheeple the best tiebreaker system is obviously by playing a rousing game of musical chairs!

If only Simon would implement it!