VSN is hiring!

Mr_Hatter

Hey there all! With some recent shuffling of VSN staff, we have a few openings to keep consistent coverage coming out. In this vein, welcome @Ledge_and_Dairy and @RedSus to the team! Ledge will be helping out with Under 250, our VHLM Weekly Review, and RedSus will be joining VSN Scouting to help that department with all things scouting!

Now onto openings! For regular VSN, I am looking for one dedicated writer to join @tcookie on VHL Weekly. Your responsibilities would include writing an edition of VHL Weekly every two weeks, coordinating with tcookie, recapping the past week in the VHL. Additionally, you would contribute to VSN's irregular projects, such as trade reviews, ranking articles, WJC/WC coverage, and any other ideas that come to mind. Feel free to brainstorm some yourself! Job Pay is 8 capped TPE, which replaces your PT for the week. Word requirements are 700+ for one week's pay, and 1200+ for two (what you will likely be writing). I'm looking for someone who has strong writing skills, can put out consistent, quality work, and enjoys diving deep into the trends and topics around the VHL. 

Next opening, is another role within VSN Scouting. As a part of VSN Scouting, you would be working under our head scout, @MattyIce. You would be helping out with big articles such as the Mock Draft, VSN Scouting's Future Watch, and other projects that highlight up and coming players in our community. Job Pay is the same as previous; one week of 8 capped TPE for 700+ words, and two weeks for 1200+ words. For this role, feel free to apply directly to Matty, as he will be making the hiring decision. Of course, you can also chat with me about it as well! His requirements for the role are as follows:

• Good grammar and writing ability
  • Good VHLM knowledge 
  • Self starter
  • Fresh ideas for new seasonal series an asset
  • Can work within a team and understands the two week schedule 

In your application please reference any writing samples you think reflect why you would be a good fit for the job, as well as which role(s) you are applying to and which you would prefer, if applying to both. 

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions! I'm looking forward to reviewing your applications. 

I'm interested in both, but more interested in VSN scouting. I like hyping players, especially newer users and I enjoy looking through stats and making articles off of them. I have a bit of an older piece of writing here, but I think I can improve from this level.

https://sba.today/forums/index.php?/topic/52053-sbsn-nov-2-nov-8/&do=findComment&comment=864239 

Thank you to everyone who applied! For those of you who were not selected, please don't be discouraged; prior interest is always a selling point in any future applications, and I wish you all the best moving forward!

Without further ago, welcome @Spartan and @Bobo to the VSN family! Spartan will be joining VSN Scouting, while Bobo will be taking up a position focusing on general VHL coverage, specifically as a co-writer on our Around the VHL series.