Meta vs Meme

Grape

Most players in this league follow the same build, and there's nothing wrong with that. The meta build produces consistent producers and is proven to be successful. The issue, however, is the entertainment value of this. Your first player, sure it's fun. It's always to be introduced to success and provides a good initial experience, seeing your player dominate at least the VHLM. Second player, the fun starts to dissipate. It's just a rinse and repeat sort of deal. You get a little better because you understand the system better, but that's about it. The fun of following the same thing over and over, especially since a career takes like a year and a half, becomes boring. Now you look to meme builds. Definitely more fun to take a player and just say, Screw scoring goals, I wanna only get assists or I only want to be an enforcer. Changing your build to just stack up a specific stat is entertaining to watch, as your player can end a season with like 2 goals, 7 assists, and a metric ton of hits. Obviously it doesn't necessarily help your team as much. You're not providing any support via points, but you're having fun, and that should be the main goal of the league. Now, it's probably safe to assume that pretty much every meme build has been done by now, but it's still fun when it's you doing it. Now, I don't think many people will get that pissy at you for trying to have fun, but there's definitely going to be a few people with a stick in their posterior. At the end of the day, however, this is about having fun, nothing more. So do what you want to do, not what everyone else does. Yes, meta builds produce good players, but meme builds produce fun players.