03/31 S78 VSN Draft Update

Patrik Tallinder

gk42cop.jpg

Hello to all, and welcome to another update for the upcoming S78 VHL Entry Draft. Here we will cover the S78 prospects’ stats and TPE earning, as well as getting a little more in-depth with “Scouting Spotlight!”

atXZEYgcHrMPOP9-u8BzF7SaKBR63XY1EpSxpZws78yvF8xDSpZC5-dM46JXyY0eWzR5E2r88zD4H5YWnDqSf6QZxTFDSrVVOqjWAEoGbr802NNB4cPYp8dimslfGluNPxCfoHUQ

Player Name

POS

GP

P

-

David Tavau

D

Gregory Bates

LW

The Seabasstard

C

Sven Reikkinen

D

New

Jaromir Lemiuex

RW

Zarek Kaczka

D

Anze Miklavz

RW

New

Nathan Powers

D

New

Arvid Johansson

D

Watson Stonebridge

LW

Tavau stays on his throne at the top of the points standings for the S78 draft class with 31 points in 20 games to start the season. Jumping up a respective 5 and 3 spots, Gregory Bates and The Seabasstard are quickly solidifying themselves among the top scorers as well. Most notably entering the equation is Yukon winger Jaromir Lemiuex, who now sits at 5th place.

GOALS

Player Name

POS

GP

G

Anze Miklavz

RW

Gregory Bates

LW

The Seabasstard

C

Sven Reikkinen

D

New

Arvid Johansson

D

New

Watson Stonebridge

LW

Luc Tessier

C

Nils Tallinder

C

New

Jaromir Lemiuex

RW

Zarek Kaczka

D

Just as they climbed in the points list, Bates and The Seabasstard climb a combined 12 spots since last week on the goals list. Watson Stonebridge took a bit of a step back in the points standings, but now makes a big jump into 6th in goals. Defenseman Arvid Johansson also makes his presence known this week, making his way onto both offensive lists as a new entry.

HITS

Player Name

POS

GP

HIT

-

Hard Markinson

D

-

Charlie fraser

LW

Mr Duk

D

Zarek Kaczka

D

Gregory Bates

LW

Sven Reikkinen

D

Jaromir Lemiuex

RW

New

Jannik Nylen

D

Julia Waffles

D

New

Mitchell Osborne

D

The top 2 of Hard Markinson and Charlie fraser has remained intact, but Mr Duk and Zarek Kaczka are swiftly approaching from below. Markinson has continued to be an absolute wrecking ball on the ice, with his 59 hits being 9th in the league and first on this list by a difference of 11. Mitchell Osborne is a name to keep an eye on, considering that he has found a way onto this list with at 2 or 3 less games played than everyone else.

SHOTS BLOCKED

Player Name

GP

SB

-

Tui Sova

-

Drakon Zabastovka

Sven Reikkinen

David Tavau

-

Arvid Johansson

Zarek Kaczka

-

Nathan Powers

New

Mitchell Osborne

Brodie Landry ll

-

Hard Markinson

Tui Sova has been a shot blocking monster this season, and he remains 1st on the list with the 3rd least time on ice per game among everyone. He sits at 3rd in the entire league in this category. It bears repeating that Osborne has managed to make another list in just 17 games, and also with the least time on ice per game on the whole list. Truly outstanding work by the young player, and hopefully we will see more success coming his way in the future.

SAVE PERCENTAGE

Goalie Name

GP

PCT

-

Aike van Giersbergen

-

Anime Protagonist

-

Leroy Johnson

Not much changes here; van Giersbergen continues to dominate in the net, leading Houston to 13 wins so far in S77. Stay tuned, and you will hear more about this exceptional young netminder from the Netherlands.

e4sWlif8U4vMQzebVl7RE8E6117iW0wmsVUOdtCfTRqaCU9j_WzjrS1DsXeL_uxIh3Bod_FKsi36b7VYqXhI4Ji5_jvJKoWm3iT6AHbLItc8U3pgGe5xNQt8Fc1gfCXtOTKKsNve

TRAINING POINTS EARNED LAST WEEK

Name

3/28

Tui Sova

Caleb Gaudette

The Seabasstard

Cody Lachance

Anze Miklavz

Jaromir Lemieux

Nils Tallinder

Milk Jugs

Damien Salducci

Nathan Powers

Hard Markinson

Kevin Hard

Sven Reikkinen

Luc Tessier

Tynan Sylvester

Aike van Giersbergen

Jannik Nylen

Gregory Bates

Masami Iwasawa

David Tavau

Last week was unmistakably an amazing one for Kings defender Tui Sova, who claimed a baffling 40 TPE. This was actually also Milk Jugs’ debut week, and he posted an impressive 19 TPE to kick off what is hopefully a great career.

CAPPED TRAINING POINTS EARNED LAST WEEK

Name

Last Capped

Hard Markinson

The Seabasstard

Nils Tallinder

Sven Reikkinen

Luc Tessier

Tui Sova

Tynan Sylvester

Anze Miklavz

Milk Jugs

Aike van Giersbergen

Caleb Gaudette

Jannik Nylen

Damien Salducci

Masami Iwasawa

Brock Hampton

Jaromir Lemieux

Nathan Powers

Cody Lachance

Kevin Hard

Alexander Rivers

9 players capped out last week, one of which was the aforementioned Milk Jugs in his debut week. He joins Hard Markinson, Nils Tallinder, Luc Tessier, Tui Sova and Anze Miklavz as the only players to have not missed any capped TPE yet in their career.

y5l0Kwwt8izBTckhlEqAfSWDSCzOBQuL3wrtpps5CR-soihENCAaGWkVmZEX7InNrm3Y5IqnPIdIdDPKsiq3aJ4D0DNBZ_LQEQV8eqxB22L984heiBsLIvetzIB4nMXsUs0j4hzm

Welcome to Scouting Spotlight, where we talk to some of tomorrow’s VHL stars. The first interview we have done is with Aike van Giersbergen of the Houston Bulls, who is currently ranked as the top goalie in the S78 Draft. We had the chance to catch up with user @enigmatic regarding her thoughts and aspirations with this new player, and here is what we found!

Q: With no goalies going in the first round for the past two seasons, a goalie of your caliber may be in higher demand in S78. Do you pay much attention to your draft stock, or do you simply focus on consistently improving your player?

While it's fun to be drafted early, I understand teams focusing on skaters first. So many people want to be a goaltender versus the spots available so you can afford to wait on them. Passing on a great skater because you drafted a goalie you might not have needed that early could seriously hurt some teams. I don't take draft position personally and would rather go to a team that has a plan and has a real need for me. Being the best I can be for whichever team wants to take a chance on me, no matter at which position in the draft, is my main goal.

Q: Why did you decide to make a goaltender?

Simply put, it's a position I always wanted to try. I wanted to wait for goalies to be needed before doing it and always ended up creating skaters on all hockey leagues I have been a part of. This time I decided to try it anyway and hope for the best.

Q: What are your career goals?

My only goal is to win championships. I have given up on the idea to win individual awards or make hall of fame with any of my players. If I can be just good enough to help my team win cups, that's enough for me.

Q: How has your VHLM season gone so far?

It started off really well for us and considering our very small roster it was surprising even to us. We hit a rough patch lately but I'm sure we can go back to our early season form. On a more personal note, I'm happy with how I have performed so far and I improve every week so I hope to do even better to help my team be in a good position for the playoffs.

Q: What can a team expect when they draft Aike van Giersbergen?

I am a good earner and while I will honestly miss some things, I'll do my best to get as many points as possible. I am also familiar with STHS so I kind of know what I'm doing with my build. As a person, I'm here to have fun so I won't be someone to cause problems in the locker room or on the forum itself.

That’s all, folks! Hopefully you enjoyed this quick roundup — make sure to keep your eye out for more like this coming in the future. There are plenty of exciting prospects to look out for, so hopefully this series will serve as a way to highlight this season’s up-and-comers.

Players mentioned: @Ahma @Tyler @Seabass @hockeyis66 @duckberg32 @Gwdjohnson @STZ @Charlie @Lefty_S @Hank @OzNasty @v.2 @NerdyCowz @KC15 @McKelvie

• 1 year later...