What is "FrostBeard's Chronicles" ?

FrostBeard

In this weeks VHL article I plan to talk about a reason why I have decided to open up about my experiences in VHL. 

So, as some of you might have noticed, my first Frostbeard's Chronicles had a bit of attention brought to it. When it comes to what was said in the article - I am not going to apologize if I hurt someone's feelings, if I was "unfair" - what I did was share my experience and I assume an experience of many new players in VHLM. 

When it comes to FrostBeard's Chronicles, I plan to expand on it and truly create it as a bi-weekly article that gives a perspective on different experiences that people might have. I want to share all these stories because I have kept them to myself for a long time, was not talking about how I felt in certain situations because I felt like my role as a VHLM and later VHL GM prohibited me from doing that. I believed that it was a matter of respect to the management role that I had to be as highly presentable as I could be. With that lifted off my shoulders I think that I have a right to share my experiences no matter if they might not be favourable to others or might be hitting hard for some people. 

To me these articles give a chance for others to understand that sometimes, even though you might seem to enjoy the league, it is draining you to the point where you think that only way to save yourself is to retire and never come back. I was in that place multiple times and I can tell you that being in the middle of many conflicting opinions is not helping the situation. 

36 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

being in the middle of many conflicting opinions

First off, remember that you choose to be in that position.  You don't have to be.

Secondly....but should be firstly....I have a great deal of respect for you and many other VHL players, whether they be "management" or not.  And, so, I enjoy your articles and try to understand what has happened to you.  In future articles, though, if you are sharing stories about the VHL, my experience has been 100% positive.  People have been friendly and helpful.  If I were to get traded...no biggie....that comes with the territory.  In the forum banter (read:drama) I have always tried to see both sides of the coin.  I look forward to your next piece.

4 minutes ago, Eynhallow said:

First off, remember that you choose to be in that position.  You don't have to be.

No. I didn't choose. I as put there because I had a mentor that was working the strings and people around and the community so I was in the middle. I did not choose to be. 

1 minute ago, FrostBeard said:

No. I didn't choose. I as put there because I had a mentor that was working the strings and people around and the community so I was in the middle. I did not choose to be. 

That makes it incredibly tough.  Was there no way that you could have extricated yourself and still retained your integrity ??  I do that on a regular basis both here and in RL.  'course my RL is a pretty smooth one right now.

Edited by Eynhallow

Just now, Eynhallow said:

That makes it incredibly tough.  Was there no way that you could have extricated yourself and still retained your integrity ??

I am not really gonna go into the details but I can I tell you this - S65/S66 VHL was a bit different from S77 VHL :) 

Just now, FrostBeard said:

I am not really gonna go into the details but I can I tell you this - S65/S66 VHL was a bit different from S77 VHL :) 

OK, Frosty...still lotsa respect and I still want to hear what you have to say.

Be Respectful GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

not talking about how I felt in certain situations because I felt like my role as a VHLM and later VHL GM prohibited me from doing that.

Just out of curiosity but could this have grown into a problem? 

I'm not the most popular GM by any stretch of the imagination, I've had my fair share of arguments and drama with select individuals, but I won't hold everything inside until it reaches the point where I feel like I'm confined to my own mind by the opinions of others because of my role as a VHLM/VHL GM. 

Things get frustrating, hell the league can be frustrating quite often. 

If you never had a route to vent steam or expel frustrations directly to me, then I feel like I've failed you as a friend.

Edited by Peace

6 hours ago, Peace said:

Just out of curiosity but could this have grown into a problem? 

Quite probably, I am sure that it would lead either to an outburst or just quiet quitting. I guess all I can say is that I will learn from this and not make same mistakes ;)