power rankings from first week

Vat

Today I will be trying to guess what the teams in the VHLM will end up at the end of the season depending on where they are now, I will also list their most noteworthy trade. Note that it has not even been a full two weeks since the season started and a trade may change where they will end up whether it is for the good or bad, I will also try to be as impartial as possible.

Mexico

Current ranking: 12th

Expected ranking 12th

Not a question about this one, as of right now (Friday) they have 2 wins in a total of 24 games played which gives them 4 points.

I see no way of them making the playoffs with these numbers as they have played one-third of the season already and the closest team to them point-wise has 20 points.

The only way they could even have a chance of getting to the playoffs is 1. If they trade someone big 2. Extreme luck.

As of right now their highest player (TPA wise) has 178 TPA, along with that they only have a total of 6 players, and none of them is a goalie.

this is a huge problem but this was not unexpected as Hylands who was their GM before decided to go for a cup or bust in his last season there as of the next season (this season) he would go to take over Malmö.

Playoff-bound? No, Founders cup? No

A bit earlier in the season, they had a trade that involved one of their best players, 

To Mexico               To Las Vegas

S78 LVA 1st round       Shaggy Tipton

S79 LVA 2nd tound      Chicken nugget

this trade tells us that Mexico is planning on a rebuild as that is the best option for them IMO.

San Diego

Current ranking: 10th

Expected Ranking: 11th

From the rankings, at the moment it is a close battle point wise for who should be where, for example, if a team like San Diego wins 2 in a row they could go from 10th to 5th place, but that would, of course, be needed with a ton of luck. Are they playoff-bound? big? as it is very close in the standings, Founders cup? absolutely not

They have a ton of players in their team, more specifically 19 players, if they could get those players to update a lot this season and they can get a high draft pick next draft San Diego will be a powerhouse next season. But for this season I don't expect a lot from them but you never know how lucky one might be.

On the trading side of things, they have not made any big trades but maybe later in the season when they possibly could have climbed in the rankings they could decide to go for a little cup run

Yukon

Current ranking: 8th

Expected ranking: 10th

Yukon currently has 24 points with 11 W and 13 L, but the same with San Diego, it is very close in the standings at the moment and anything can happen.

looking at their roster I can see a ton of waiver guys, that means that they probably won't have them next season because they will get drafted but also gives them some inside information on who is active in the LR and stuff like that, I wouldn't expect a deep cup run from them but its definitely not impossible.

The reason I put Yukon above San Diego is that some Yukon player has some insane stats and even that his teammates are not too big he still produces a ton.

Playoff-bound? still an uncertainty because of the close standings, Founders cup? No.

Yukon has been trading quite a lot but their most notable trade was with Mississauga,

To Yukon                To Mississauga

S78 MIS 3rd              Gaspar Zakrevsky  

Inunnguaq Kiak                                          

Brighton Grisby                                       

Philadelphia

Current ranking: 11th

Expected Ranking: 9th

Philadelphia currently has 9 W, 13 L, and 2 OTL which gives them a total of 20 points, they are also in the zone where 2 wins and some luck will make them climb the standings by a lot.

Philadelphia has 12 players, and the players with the lowest TPA look like they have some potential, and with a bit of luck they could and activity they could make it to the playoffs.

Playoff-bound? with luck and activity they have a chance, Founders cup? No.

Philadelphia has not made any top-end trades but they have been trading for some picks which send me signals that they believe in the future and some draft luck, 

the picks they acquired was not first rounders mostly late rounds but they picked up one S78 2nd rounder which maybe they have their eyes on a special person or they just want to get more draft picks.

To Philadelphia                                             to Saskatoon

S78 SSK 2nd round                        S77 PHI 3rd round (Duncan Montana)

Ottawa

Current ranking: 7th

Expected ranking: 8th

Ottawa currently has 12 W and 12 L which gives them a total of 24 points, they are the last team within the 11th place range from 2 matches.

Ottawa has 8 players and every single one of them except for 1 has more than 113 TPA, and they honestly have a chance to go somewhere in the standings if they can get the players to earn TPE they can even get higher than I rated them here but looking at the players, everyone in the team is only getting TPE from practice Facility and welfare, some do reviewing too.

There is nothing wrong with doing this and I don't have anything against people who do it but this and max capping shows the difference between good players and better players.

Playoff-bound? likely, Founders cup? very slim chances.

Ottawa has not been active on the trade market this season yet but you never know, they might be setting up a big trade right as of me writing this.

Minnesota

Current raking: 9th

Expected ranking: 7th

Minnesota has 10 W, 13 L, and 1 OTL which gives them 21 points which places them in the zone but I think they have some potential.

Minnesota currently has 15 players and several of them has 200 TPA which surprises as their stats doesn't tell us that, I would say that the lower TPA guys are bringing them down, I do not want to sound as mean in any way and this is meant for information purposes, if you feel like I am being mean to you in any way please hop into my dms and I will say sorry.

Other than that they have a ton of promising players like Nils Tallinder who is earning tons of TPA each week and has the potential to get drafted high in the VHL draft.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? has a chance but not a big one.

Minnesota has not been too active on the trade market but some small trades have been done most notably a S78 2nd rounder.

Minnesota receives                             Houston receives 

S78 HOU 2nd round          S77  SDM 3rd round (Cody Lachance)

Halifax

Current ranking: 5th

Expected Ranking: 6th

Halifax has 12 W, 11 L, and 1 OTL which gives them a total of 25 points, I would say that Halifax is right between a top 5 team and an average team.

Halifax currently has 20 players (most in the league), there is a huge jump from player to player TPA wise, some has 68 and some has 239, if a team has a lot of players the team's GM and AGM goal should be to make them at least use the trivia point task as it isn't hard or time-consuming but if a player does not want to update and do that stuff that is totally fine, but if they could get them to do that there isn't and impossibility of advancing a round or two.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? slight chance but def not impossible.

Halifax has done 3 trades this season so far and 67% of those trades were with Las Vegas (2), the biggest trade was 

To Halifax                           To Las Vegas

S77 MIN 3rd (Brock Hampton)          S77 MEX 1st round (Sven Reikkinien)

S77 LVA 4th (Donne Taliferro)           S77 HFX 6th round (Egor Minuski)

S77 PHI 2nd (Baldur Poulsen)                                                         

Las Vegas

Current ranking: 4th

Expected ranking: 5th

Las Vegas currently has 12 W, 9 L, and 3 OTL which give them a total of 27 points, Las Vegas is a solid top 5 team, can compete for the cup but not a favorite to win it.

Las Vegas currently has 15 players with no real "star" player rather a ton of people have 100-190 TPA which they can rely on, As I said earlier, Las Vegas is not the tipped team to win the cup but there is a chance that they can, I see them like a dark shadow as I have not come across any Las vegas GM or AGM people but they are definitely not bad.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? not impossible yet not tipped to win it

Las Vegas Has been very and I mean very active in the trade market with a total of 7 trades in 24 games. 

Their most notable trade this season by far is their trade with Mexico where they got two of Mexico's best players for a second and first-round pick.

To Las Vegas                   to Mexico

Chicken Nugget                 S78 LVA first round

Shaggy Tipton                S79 LVA second round  

Miami

Current ranking: 6th

Expected ranking: 4th

Miami has 12 W, 11 L, and 1 OTL which gives them a total of 25 points, Miami is a hugely underrated team who could leave a mark in the playoffs.

Miami currently has 15 players and the one with the lowest TPA has 117 TPA, this is why I said they are hugely underrated, 7 players over the 220 TPA mark I don't see how this team is in 6th place otherwise that they have been unlucky in the sim engine. If they can start to get moderate luck in the sim engine they could have a chance to fight for the cup, they do not need to trade players and try to get them to update more, they should search on youtube on how to get lucky

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? can compete for it.

Miami has not been active at all this season yet and they should not with the team and players that they have available for usage.

To Miami       To Philadelphia 

Sportsboy57      Kuba Fleury 37

S78 HFX 3rd round

Saskatoon

Current ranking: 2nd

Expected ranking: 3rd

Saskatoon currently 18 W, 5 L, and 1 OTL which gives them a total of 37 points, Saskatoon is a top 3 team with a chance to bring home the Founders cup

Saskatoon currently has 13 players with a ton of varieties, with these players I would say that they have the caliber to winning the cup, they are not favorites to winning it but definitely has a chance, 

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? has the caliber for it.

Saskatoon has not been very active in the trade market this season yet (2 trades), but they made 1 huge trade at the beginning of the season which was very big and included Saskatoon and Mississauga.

To Saskatoon        To Mississauga

S77 YUK 1st (The Seabasstard)          S77 SSK 1st (Hard Markinson)

S77 MIS 3rd (TheCHEESE)                                                   

Houston

Current ranking: 3rd

Expected ranking: 2nd

Houston currently has 15 W, 7 L, and 2 OTL which gives them a total of 32 points. Houston is a serious contender to win the cup this season.

Houston currently has 9 players which every single one of them is over 110 TPA, Houston does not have as many players as Halifax or Mississauga but their players are very high in TPA and if you have 2-3 lines with players who has a ton of TPA they will of course sim very well. Last season Houston won the League and got all the way to the Founders cup finals and even to game 7 there, they definitely have the chance to bring it home this year and Mississauga vs Houston in the finals are not an impossibility.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? very big chance.

Houston has not been active in the trade market at all, only 1 trade which included a draft pick and a round 3 player.

To Houston                                To Minnesota

S77 SDM 3rd (Cody Lachance)                 S78 HOU 2nd

Mississauga

Current ranking: 1st

Expected ranking: 1st

Mississauga currently has 22 W and 2 L which gives them a total of 44 points, Mississauga is the clear powerhouse of this season and are the favorites to win it all.

Mississauga currently has 19 players with everyone being over 100 TPA. Mississauga is really good this season because they had 3 early 1st round draft picks (3,4,5) and the locker room is very active which we can see of the TPA, with some big trades for good players Mississauga currently has the biggest chance to win the cup this season IMO.

Playoff-bound? yes, Founders cup? Favorites to win.

Mississauga has been very active on the trade market with some big trades, for example, bringing in Gaspar Zakrevsky who was a GPG, yes you heard me goal per game player in Yukon.

To Mississauga        To Yukon

Gaspar Zakrevsky         S78 MIS 3rd

Inunnguaq Kiak

Brighton Grisby

2,234 words and claiming for weeks 04/04, 11/4, 18/4 and 25/4

Edited by Vat

19 hours ago, Vat said:

Today I will be trying to guess what the teams in the VHLM will end up at the end of the season depending on where they are now, I will also list their most noteworthy trade. Note that it has not even been a full two weeks since the season started and a trade may change where they will end up whether it is for the good or bad, I will also try to be as impartial as possible.

Mexico

Current ranking: 12th

Expected ranking 12th

Not a question about this one, as of right now (Friday) they have 2 wins in a total of 24 games played which gives them 4 points.

I see no way of them making the playoffs with these numbers as they have played one-third of the season already and the closest team to them point-wise has 20 points.

The only way they could even have a chance of getting to the playoffs is 1. If they trade someone big 2. Extreme luck.

As of right now their highest player (TPA wise) has 178 TPA, along with that they only have a total of 6 players, and none of them is a goalie.

this is a huge problem but this was not unexpected as Hylands who was their GM before decided to go for a cup or bust in his last season there as of the next season (this season) he would go to take over Malmö.

Playoff-bound? No, Founders cup? No

A bit earlier in the season, they had a trade that involved one of their best players, 

To Mexico               To Las Vegas

S78 LVA 1st round       Shaggy Tipton

S79 LVA 2nd tound      Chicken nugget

this trade tells us that Mexico is planning on a rebuild as that is the best option for them IMO.

San Diego

Current ranking: 10th

Expected Ranking: 11th

From the rankings, at the moment it is a close battle point wise for who should be where, for example, if a team like San Diego wins 2 in a row they could go from 10th to 5th place, but that would, of course, be needed with a ton of luck. Are they playoff-bound? big? as it is very close in the standings, Founders cup? absolutely not

They have a ton of players in their team, more specifically 19 players, if they could get those players to update a lot this season and they can get a high draft pick next draft San Diego will be a powerhouse next season. But for this season I don't expect a lot from them but you never know how lucky one might be.

On the trading side of things, they have not made any big trades but maybe later in the season when they possibly could have climbed in the rankings they could decide to go for a little cup run

Yukon

Current ranking: 8th

Expected ranking: 10th

Yukon currently has 24 points with 11 W and 13 L, but the same with San Diego, it is very close in the standings at the moment and anything can happen.

looking at their roster I can see a ton of waiver guys, that means that they probably won't have them next season because they will get drafted but also gives them some inside information on who is active in the LR and stuff like that, I wouldn't expect a deep cup run from them but its definitely not impossible.

The reason I put Yukon above San Diego is that some Yukon player has some insane stats and even that his teammates are not too big he still produces a ton.

Playoff-bound? still an uncertainty because of the close standings, Founders cup? No.

Yukon has been trading quite a lot but their most notable trade was with Mississauga,

To Yukon                To Mississauga

S78 MIS 3rd              Gaspar Zakrevsky  

Inunnguaq Kiak                                          

Brighton Grisby                                       

Philadelphia

Current ranking: 11th

Expected Ranking: 9th

Philadelphia currently has 9 W, 13 L, and 2 OTL which gives them a total of 20 points, they are also in the zone where 2 wins and some luck will make them climb the standings by a lot.

Philadelphia has 12 players, and the players with the lowest TPA look like they have some potential, and with a bit of luck they could and activity they could make it to the playoffs.

Playoff-bound? with luck and activity they have a chance, Founders cup? No.

Philadelphia has not made any top-end trades but they have been trading for some picks which send me signals that they believe in the future and some draft luck, 

the picks they acquired was not first rounders mostly late rounds but they picked up one S78 2nd rounder which maybe they have their eyes on a special person or they just want to get more draft picks.

To Philadelphia                                             to Saskatoon

S78 SSK 2nd round                        S77 PHI 3rd round (Duncan Montana)

Ottawa

Current ranking: 7th

Expected ranking: 8th

Ottawa currently has 12 W and 12 L which gives them a total of 24 points, they are the last team within the 11th place range from 2 matches.

Ottawa has 8 players and every single one of them except for 1 has more than 113 TPA, and they honestly have a chance to go somewhere in the standings if they can get the players to earn TPE they can even get higher than I rated them here but looking at the players, everyone in the team is only getting TPE from practice Facility and welfare, some do reviewing too.

There is nothing wrong with doing this and I don't have anything against people who do it but this and max capping shows the difference between good players and better players.

Playoff-bound? likely, Founders cup? very slim chances.

Ottawa has not been active on the trade market this season yet but you never know, they might be setting up a big trade right as of me writing this.

Minnesota

Current raking: 9th

Expected ranking: 7th

Minnesota has 10 W, 13 L, and 1 OTL which gives them 21 points which places them in the zone but I think they have some potential.

Minnesota currently has 15 players and several of them has 200 TPA which surprises as their stats doesn't tell us that, I would say that the lower TPA guys are bringing them down, I do not want to sound as mean in any way and this is meant for information purposes, if you feel like I am being mean to you in any way please hop into my dms and I will say sorry.

Other than that they have a ton of promising players like Nils Tallinder who is earning tons of TPA each week and has the potential to get drafted high in the VHL draft.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? has a chance but not a big one.

Minnesota has not been too active on the trade market but some small trades have been done most notably a S78 2nd rounder.

Minnesota receives                             Houston receives 

S78 HOU 2nd round          S77  SDM 3rd round (Cody Lachance)

Halifax

Current ranking: 5th

Expected Ranking: 6th

Halifax has 12 W, 11 L, and 1 OTL which gives them a total of 25 points, I would say that Halifax is right between a top 5 team and an average team.

Halifax currently has 20 players (most in the league), there is a huge jump from player to player TPA wise, some has 68 and some has 239, if a team has a lot of players the team's GM and AGM goal should be to make them at least use the trivia point task as it isn't hard or time-consuming but if a player does not want to update and do that stuff that is totally fine, but if they could get them to do that there isn't and impossibility of advancing a round or two.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? slight chance but def not impossible.

Halifax has done 3 trades this season so far and 67% of those trades were with Las Vegas (2), the biggest trade was 

To Halifax                           To Las Vegas

S77 MIN 3rd (Brock Hampton)          S77 MEX 1st round (Sven Reikkinien)

S77 LVA 4th (Donne Taliferro)           S77 HFX 6th round (Egor Minuski)

S77 PHI 2nd (Baldur Poulsen)                                                         

Las Vegas

Current ranking: 4th

Expected ranking: 5th

Las Vegas currently has 12 W, 9 L, and 3 OTL which give them a total of 27 points, Las Vegas is a solid top 5 team, can compete for the cup but not a favorite to win it.

Las Vegas currently has 15 players with no real "star" player rather a ton of people have 100-190 TPA which they can rely on, As I said earlier, Las Vegas is not the tipped team to win the cup but there is a chance that they can, I see them like a dark shadow as I have not come across any Las vegas GM or AGM people but they are definitely not bad.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? not impossible yet not tipped to win it

Las Vegas Has been very and I mean very active in the trade market with a total of 7 trades in 24 games. 

Their most notable trade this season by far is their trade with Mexico where they got two of Mexico's best players for a second and first-round pick.

To Las Vegas                   to Mexico

Chicken Nugget                 S78 LVA first round

Shaggy Tipton                S79 LVA second round  

Miami

Current ranking: 6th

Expected ranking: 4th

Miami has 12 W, 11 L, and 1 OTL which gives them a total of 25 points, Miami is a hugely underrated team who could leave a mark in the playoffs.

Miami currently has 15 players and the one with the lowest TPA has 117 TPA, this is why I said they are hugely underrated, 7 players over the 220 TPA mark I don't see how this team is in 6th place otherwise that they have been unlucky in the sim engine. If they can start to get moderate luck in the sim engine they could have a chance to fight for the cup, they do not need to trade players and try to get them to update more, they should search on youtube on how to get lucky

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? can compete for it.

Miami has not been active at all this season yet and they should not with the team and players that they have available for usage.

To Miami       To Philadelphia 

Sportsboy57      Kuba Fleury 37

S78 HFX 3rd round

Saskatoon

Current ranking: 2nd

Expected ranking: 3rd

Saskatoon currently 18 W, 5 L, and 1 OTL which gives them a total of 37 points, Saskatoon is a top 3 team with a chance to bring home the Founders cup

Saskatoon currently has 13 players with a ton of varieties, with these players I would say that they have the caliber to winning the cup, they are not favorites to winning it but definitely has a chance, 

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? has the caliber for it.

Saskatoon has not been very active in the trade market this season yet (2 trades), but they made 1 huge trade at the beginning of the season which was very big and included Saskatoon and Mississauga.

To Saskatoon        To Mississauga

S77 YUK 1st (The Seabasstard)          S77 SSK 1st (Hard Markinson)

S77 MIS 3rd (TheCHEESE)                                                   

Houston

Current ranking: 3rd

Expected ranking: 2nd

Houston currently has 15 W, 7 L, and 2 OTL which gives them a total of 32 points. Houston is a serious contender to win the cup this season.

Houston currently has 9 players which every single one of them is over 110 TPA, Houston does not have as many players as Halifax or Mississauga but their players are very high in TPA and if you have 2-3 lines with players who has a ton of TPA they will of course sim very well. Last season Houston won the League and got all the way to the Founders cup finals and even to game 7 there, they definitely have the chance to bring it home this year and Mississauga vs Houston in the finals are not an impossibility.

Playoff-bound? Yes, Founders cup? very big chance.

Houston has not been active in the trade market at all, only 1 trade which included a draft pick and a round 3 player.

To Houston                                To Minnesota

S77 SDM 3rd (Cody Lachance)                 S78 HOU 2nd

Mississauga

Current ranking: 1st

Expected ranking: 1st

Mississauga currently has 22 W and 2 L which gives them a total of 44 points, Mississauga is the clear powerhouse of this season and are the favorites to win it all.

Mississauga currently has 19 players with everyone being over 100 TPA. Mississauga is really good this season because they had 3 early 1st round draft picks (3,4,5) and the locker room is very active which we can see of the TPA, with some big trades for good players Mississauga currently has the biggest chance to win the cup this season IMO.

Playoff-bound? yes, Founders cup? Favorites to win.

Mississauga has been very active on the trade market with some big trades, for example, bringing in Gaspar Zakrevsky who was a GPG, yes you heard me goal per game player in Yukon.

To Mississauga        To Yukon

Gaspar Zakrevsky         S78 MIS 3rd

Inunnguaq Kiak

Brighton Grisby

2,234 words and claiming for weeks 04/04, 11/4, 18/4 and 25/4

claiming week 11/04

Review: Great idea for an article! Very interesting overall, a lot of fun info included. I liked how you stated the biggest trade for each team as well. Unique idea and great work! Only suggestion I have would be to maybe add an image or two, but other than that, 🔥. 9/10

• 2 weeks later...