Alternate reality - S67 SEA/CGY trade involving John Frostbeard does not happen

FrostBeard

1a38593f6c326caebf99546288ebc332.png

End of July, 2019. Young and promising forward and VHLM GM Frostbeard has a chat with GM of Calgary Wranglers, GM who drafted John well above his expected draft rank. GM Bushito promises that he will not trade John Frostbeard as the future of an aging team is on the line. It is vital for Calgary to keep the team going and sell off some older players like Sebastian Ironside, Leph Twinger, Maxim Kovalchuk and Robert Malenko (FA signing). With that the team would be ready to compete in one or two season as Diljodh Starload, Brick Wahl, Tyler Barabash Jr., Cody Smith and John Frostbeard would be all ready to play on the highest level. This would have been a scenario if GM Bushito would have had any idea what he is doing as a GM back in S67. He had just drafted well and created a path for a young and talented team to push through and prove that combined GMing of Dil, Blade and Bushito could work wonders. 

Surely, the playoff table for S67 would change too as Seattle would probably make playoffs with their young and promising roster with players like Rayz Funk, Hulk Hogan, Scott Greene and Berocka Sundqvist. Without this trade, Calgary had a chance to create a great and wonderful rivalry between two young teams in NA Conference. With extra picks and prospects gained from selling play all those aging stars and quality players would have given Calgary a chance to improve their depth and find gems in the draft. Find players that would improve the team and create a lasting legacy. 

John Frostbeard could have easily been a great linemate with Diljodh Starload as they both would complement each other - John Frostbeard as a hybrid, passing/scoring player and Diljodh as sniper superpower. With Roll Fizzlebeef as their center you would get a balanced and powerful line able to perform great deeds. Instead Calgary Wranglers traded for a Center playmaker who didn't really perform great, created LR issues between BladeMaiden and Dil, shot Calgary's future in the foot by trading future 1000 TPE player John Frostbeard for basically nothing. Even though trading for a player like Joel Ylonen would seem like a great choice, he had underperformed and not really lived up to his high TPE value at any point of his career till the trade. His best season was with Calgary in S67 when he finished with 69 points. 

With addition of Maxim Kovalchuk and John Frostbeard, S68 Champions were Seattle Bears. All I can say is that if this trade would not have happened, Calgary would have been in a better place in the long run, it would have created Wranglers who were struggling with identity a vision of what a team like that could be. Seattle would have been different and I personally would not have had a chance to get to know so many amazing and trustworthy people like Berocka, Rayz, Doc and of course Bana, who I believe to be one of my truly best friends in the league (I do not use word friend lightly so take that into the consideration). 

I can't say if I would have stayed in the league for long or if I would have had the same opportunities as the member of Wranglers, I never felt inspired there, always felt distant from the GM, in Seattle it was other way around, I felt involved, I felt like everyone wanted me around and I finally had conversations with my VHL GM. I am thankful that this trade actually happened. 

A fun take on a trade involving your player. Looking at what might have happened for both franchises involved and maybe the outcomes of them not making a big trade. Like many i seem to pick could use some pictures. Overall though a fun idea and interesting guess.

8/10