04/18 S78 VSN Draft Update

Patrik Tallinder

gk42cop.jpg

Hello everyone, and welcome back to another VSN draft update! I am still working on optimizing the delivery of these articles, so if there are any suggestions for how to make this series better, feel free to leave a comment! The past couple weeks have drastically changed the outlook of this draft's depth, so let me not waste any more time in covering it all.

atXZEYgcHrMPOP9-u8BzF7SaKBR63XY1EpSxpZws        

- David Tavau D 61 83  
  1 The Seabasstard C 61 74  
  4 Anze Miklavz RW 61 72  
  New Tui Sova D 61 68  
  5 Watson Stonebridge LW 61 64  
  - Zarek Kaczka D 61 64  
  -3 Sven Reikkinen D 61 62  
  -3 Jaromir Lemiuex RW 62 59  
  New Luc Tessier C 61 57  
  -8 Gregory Bates LW 61 54

Since last update, David Tavau has continued to rip apart the VHLM, now tallying up 83 points in just 61 games as a defenseman. New entry Tui Sova is a familiar face from leading the blocked shots category in both of my previous updates, and now he transitions into a two-way force during the latter part of his draft season. There is lots to like about these two defenders, and both are projected to go in the first round of the upcoming draft. The other new entry is Marlins center Luc Tessier, who is a projected top five pick and a player who is quickly rising up multiple leaderboards. 

GOALS        
    Player Name POS GP G  
  - Anze Miklavz RW 61 32  
  1 The Seabasstard C 61 31  
  3 Watson Stonebridge LW 61 29  
  3 Luc Tessier C 61 28  
  -3 Gregory Bates LW 61 28  
  2 Nils Tallinder C 61 26  
  3 Zarek Kaczka D 61 25  
  New Tui Sova D 61 23  
  -5 Sven Reikkinen D 61 21  
  -5 Arvid Johansson D 61 21  

The S78 goals list is topped by elite prospects Anze Miklavz and The Seabasstard, who are the first to hit 30 goals on the season. Reikkinen, Sova, Kaczka and Johansson all continue to impress offensively, with over 20 goals already as defensemen. Kings winger Watson Stonebridge leads this leaderboard in even-strength goals, with a notable 27 on the season.

HITS        
    Player Name POS GP HIT  
  New Nathan Powers D 62 174  
  -1 Hard Markinson D 61 168  
  - Mr Duk D 61 149  
  - Zarek Kaczka D 61 132  
  New Henri le Massif LW 61 117  
  4 Mitchell Osborne D 59 114  
  New Watson Stonebridge LW 61 111  
  -6 Charlie fraser LW 61 103  
  New Anze Miklavz RW 61 102  
  New Tui Sova D 61 98  

It is quite remarkable how a player can go from lacking a spot in the top ten of any statistic, all the way to the number one spot in a mere couple of weeks. Someone must have made Nathan Powers mad recently, because he has been hitting everything in sight. This has propelled him to the top of the hits leaderboard, and this accompanies a nice offensive statline of nearly a point-per-game as well. This was not the only huge jump in this list, as four more new entries have made their ways onto the list. 

SHOTS BLOCKED        
    Player Name POS GP SB  
  - Tui Sova D 61 158  
  - Drakon Zabastovka D 61 115  
  1 David Tavau D 61 103  
  3 Nathan Powers D 62 100  
  -2 Sven Reikkinen D 61 99  
  2 Mitchell Osborne D 59 91  
  -2 Arvid Johansson D 61 79  
  New David Micheal Berlinguette D 61 77  
  - Brodie Landry ll D 61 67  
  -4 Zarek Kaczka D 61 60  

There's not much to say when it comes to the shots blocked category. Instead, we can just marvel at the season that Tui Sova has put together in the defensive end. His 158 shots blocked lead this draft class — and the league — by a wide margin. And I have to stress that he is not even doing this with significantly more even strength or short-handed ice time than the other players here; He only ranks 4th in both average minutes per game and short-handed minutes played. 

SAVE PERCENTAGE        
    Goalie Name GP W PCT  
  - Aike van Giersbergen 61 33 0.891  
  New Bastian Greiss 28 10 0.894  
  New Jacob Rask 19 6 0.88  
  -2 Anime Protagonist 61 29 0.874  
  -2 Leroy Johnson 30 9 0.868  

We finally have some real competition in the crease, with three new goalies entering the mix. Bastian Greiss is a first gen that is off to a hot start both TPE-wise and statistically speaking. Jacob Rask is earning significant ice time with the Yukon Rush, and could be an under-the-radar pick in the latter half of the draft. Aike van Giersbergen remains at the top of the list, as would be fitting for the projected first round selection.

e4sWlif8U4vMQzebVl7RE8E6117iW0wmsVUOdtCf        

TRAINING POINTS EARNED LAST WEEK        
    Name 4/11      
    Matti Takala 32      
    Nathan Powers 30      
    Bastian Greiss 30      
    Brock Hampton 29      
    Alex Johnston 29      
    Jaromir Lemiuex 24      
    Otto Numminen 18      
    Masami Iwasawa 16      
    Hard Markinson 14      
    The Seabasstard 14      
    Nils Tallinder 14      
    Luc Tessier 14      
    Tui Sova 14      
    Anze Miklavz 14      
    Zarek Kaczka 14      
    Milk Jugs 14      
    Darth Kaprizov 13      
    Sven Reikkinen 12      
    Arvid Johansson 12      
    David Tavau 11      

Last week was great for the S78 draft class in terms of TPE earning, but more so in the capped department.  Notables of last week's TPE leaderboard are Bastian Greiss putting up an exceptional first week, Matti Takala continuing his breakout surge with 32 TPE, and Brock Hampton almost multiplying his total uncapped TPE by ten in a single week. Milk Jugs, Nathan Powers, and Alex Johnston also had outstanding showings, beginning to look like real contenders for top picks come draft time.

CAPPED TRAINING POINTS EARNED LAST WEEK    
    Name Last Capped    
    Hard Markinson 12    
    The Seabasstard 12    
    Nils Tallinder 12    
    Luc Tessier 12    
    Tui Sova 12    
    Anze Miklavz 12    
    Zarek Kaczka 12    
    Masami Iwasawa 12    
    Milk Jugs 12    
    Brock Hampton 12    
    Matti Takala 12    
    Alex Johnston 12    
    Nathan Powers 12    
    Jaromir Lemiuex 12    
    Bastian Greiss 12    
    Sven Reikkinen 10    
    Arvid Johansson 10    
    David Tavau 9    
    Aike van Giersbergen 8    
    Henri le Massif 8    

As I said in the last section, this was a huge week for capped TPE earning. 15 players capped out, tying the week prior to this for the most in a week since this draft class was first introduced. Hard Markinson, Nils Tallinder, Luc Tessier, Tui Sova, Anze Miklavz, Milk Jugs and Bastian Greiss are the only players to have still earned every possible capped TPE available to them. Last week was also Alex Johnston and Bastian Greiss' first time capping out. 

y5l0Kwwt8izBTckhlEqAfSWDSCzOBQuL3wrtpps5      
  This week, we sat down with VSN's head scout @MattyIce to discuss his thoughts on the upcoming draft!      
  What do you think about this draft in terms of depth?      
  MattyIce: This draft looks like there could be as many as six players that could be VHL ready by training camp next season, so this draft has a lot of depth for new draftees to gain more experience with more time in the VHLM      
  Are there one or two names that you think others may be sleeping on in this draft class?      
  MattyIce: I have my eye on Nathan Powers and Mr Duk to move up the charts slowly      
  If you had one piece of advice for the first gen prospects who are trying to make their way up on the draft boards of VHL GMs, what would it be?      
  Training consistently. Do this every week and just have a decent personality in locker rooms. Help each other out and cheer each other on during those rough and good streaks.      

Thank you all once again for tuning in, and I hope you're all excited in anticipation of this draft! I have to say, the past two weeks have really transformed the outlook of the draft, and I am anxious to see which new faces will build on their blazing hot starts.

Players mentioned: @Ahma @v.2 @KC15 @McKelvie @Seabass @Devise @Hank @Gwdjohnson @duckberg32 @JB123 @ThatsGreissy @BostonBruinsFan1806 @enigmatic @MOOSE_ @SamTwoSix @NerdyCowz @Alex_J32 @STZ @Lefty_S

When we get closer to the time will we be able to maybe include some time of projection for players on what there projected to become in VHL as In tpe/ lines etc? I think it’s cool for mock drafts to be added to this eventually. Good article as always!

8 minutes ago, NerdyCowz said:

@bigAL I SHOULD BE TOP FIVE!!!! hows that? ;)

well now you gotta put up the numbers to back that up!
psst, go claim your player store purchases

41 minutes ago, bigAL said:

well now you gotta put up the numbers to back that up!
psst, go claim your player store purchases

can you maybe pm to help claim? lol idk what i did lol 

lol get you pm and tell me what i need to do to claim? 

Edited by NerdyCowz