Mikey Harris Rookie Experience

Ty343

Being a rookie in any professional sports league is not easy. Not easy at all. After playing amateur and minor for my whole life until now, I have played in a good number of VHL games. The minors were so much easier than the VHL, and I don't know how dudes like Red Lite were able to adjust so quickly. Everyone is bigger than me, stronger than me, and has more experience. I wish at least one of my brothers made it past the VHLM because I would've been more prepared for the VHL if I could ask my brother questions, but I have to work with what I got.

I love the VHL facilities and all that and they make it easy for me to spend an unholy amount of time working on my game. I want to be a great player in this league, and of course I need countless hours on the rink refining my skills and Calgary has really given us a good training staff. I started off the season on the second line which surprised me a lot, then I started to move back forth between the second and third lines, and after out most recent trade, I managed to get on the first line for the first time in my VHL and VHLM career. After I left the NTDP I did not really get as much first line experience as I would have liked, so playing first line for the Wranglers is amazing, even if I don't get a crazy amount of ice time.

I have been slightly streaky this season as there are times were I'll go two or three games in a row with points, and then the next 3 I'll get like one only. It's frustrating, but we are working to improve this and make me have as few low performance games as possible. The team has gelled really well together and see us making the playoffs in no time. The last thing I would like to talk about is how the locker room presence is much different in the VHL. In the the VHLM we are mostly full of young players, maybe some alumni and the coach, but in the VHL, everybody is older. You get to spend more time around veterans, stars, learn from champions and players from famous agencies, and it's extremely easy to get better by just being around them. The VHL takes some to get used, but it pays off in the end.