A veteran presence during the playoffs? YES

Dom

Monday, April 26 2021

Prague, Czech Republic

Lore: Two students from the British University in Prague decided to make an interview to a professional athlete for their school project. They started by reaching to Dominic Gobeil from the Prague Phantoms and the athlete accepted and invited them to a local restaurant.

Reporter 1: Hello Dominic, we wanted to reach to you for a long time and we finally managed to get an interview. Thanks for the opportunity!

Gobeil: It’s always an honor for me to help people from my community! I’m happy to have you both with me tonight.

Reporter 2: Like we told you before, the reason why we asked you for an interview is for a school project about psychology in sports.

Gobeil: *nods*

Reporter 1: We chose you because you have an interesting background.

Gobeil: Talking about my VHLM stats?

Reporter 1: yes exactly, how would you describe your VHLM career?

Gobeil: That was rough, that’s for sure. It’s not easy t keep the motivation when you don’t get any result but I don’t regret anything. I got lucky enough to play in the founders cup finals and I am thankful for it.

Reporter 2 : What makes you a special case is how you managed to step up your game when you reached the VHL, how did it feel to you?

Gobeil: That was a relief! I’ve been training hard for so many years, finally seeing results feels just so good. It’s hard to explain.

Reporter 2: We also heard that your draft disappointed you a lot, is that true?

Gobeil: Yes it is, but after 3 seasons, when I look back at it, I think it is what gave me that motivation to put the maximum efforts and change my way of playing. It was rough at first but in the end it helped me becoming better.

Reporter 1: It make sense, but now you are not in the same situation anymore, things are expected from you, how do you handle the pressure?

Gobeil: I am someone who use pressure to push myself to my maximum. The more pressure I have the better I get on the ice.

Reporter 2: *chuckles* That sounds like a perfect way to burn yourself out though, no?

Gobeil: I am aware of this, it is a reality in professional sports but so far things are good on my side. If I ever feel the need the slow down I will.

Reporter 1: Do you think the fans feels the same way? Would they accept it if you slow down? I mean, you’re a veteran now.

Gobeil: They would probably not like that, you are right. But so far, nothing to worry about, all is good on my side.

Reporter 2: Thank you for your time, I really enjoyed talking with you tonight.

Gobeil: Before you go, I have something for you both! *reaches a bag he had beside him and hand a signed jersey to both reporters* I wouldn’t let you leave without any memories!

Reporters: Oh wow, thank you!