The one where we made a bit of a booboo

Quik

So, everyone's human and people make mistakes, right?

Unfortunately, this season nobody checked the index to count goalie starts, and, fittingly, the one season we did not check is the first season since S68 when two teams broke the Louth Rule. Prague started Grekkark Gyrfalcon a total of 68 times, while DC started Stone Wolski 65 times.

After discussing with all parties involved, the following punishments/compensation will occur:

• Prague will start Michael Fletcher for their next 4 games, or until they are eliminated from the S77 Playoffs, whichever comes first
  • DC will follow the precedent set by previous non-playoff teams to break the Louth Rule, and take a $500k Cap Penalty, as well as be required to reach 9 Backup Starts, in S78
  • Malmo will be compensated with a pick at the end of the 2nd Round of the S78 VHL Entry Draft, as a result of losing to Prague in the Wild Card Round while Gyrfalcon started each game.

Again, we apologize to all involved, as this should have been caught at the end of the regular season, and appreciate your understanding.

@Commissioner

@VHL GM

Louth Rule History

9 minutes ago, rory said:

So Prague's punishment is losing the series they were already gonna lose?? Seems pretty lenient

Well to be fair, the punishment should have been implemented during the Malmo series, which (no offense to Malmo) we likely win anyway. 

31 minutes ago, gorlab said:

I apply for the job of goalie start calculator.

I would like to be paid 12 tpe per week, and will ensure the goalie starts are counted every season. 

Responsibilities include tagging members with every backup start from every team to hold GMs accountable to the community.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:15 AM, gorlab said:

I apply for the job of goalie start calculator.

I would like to be paid 12 tpe per week, and will ensure the goalie starts are counted every season. 

Make sure you don’t count the ones I play badly in