dont know if this is dumb but more ways to get uncapped TPE

how many ways are there to get uncapped tpe every week?

trivia and practice facility, sometimes fantasy zone. i feel like there should be something else, or make the bonuses bigger.

tell me if i'm totally wrong

edit: not trivia

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

• Commissioner

If we wanted it to be something that could be easily attained as n large amounts it wouldn’t be uncapped…

The whole point of uncapped is that it’s something that you can’t get an insane pile of because too much TPE breaks things. Frankly I don’t think we should even be giving as much as we do.

Also trivia is capped, unless you mean having your question used.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The whole point of uncapped is that it’s something that you can’t get an insane pile of because too much TPE breaks things.

I may be wrong here, but I feel that the Prospect Report and the Junior Review are basically the same. Most players can do both in the same season, so what's the point in having both? I feel as if they are the exact same. Please, though, correct me if I am wrong.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

I may be wrong here, but I feel that the Prospect Report and the Junior Review are basically the same. Most players can do both in the same season, so what's the point in having both? I feel as if they are the exact same. Please, though, correct me if I am wrong.

People wanted more career tasks so we broke the two we had into a bunch of smaller ones. To be honest I’m still not sure how much I like it. It makes each less of a chore but putting time limits on them makes them harder to remember and a bit more of a nuisance.

7 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

if we did remove one i think we should add another. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

if we did remove one i think we should add another. 

Alternative: we remove all of them and go back to just having RP’s and bio’s.

To be honest by the time you hit like your 6th season you really don’t care about the extra 5 TPE, it’s just not worth it. Maybe that’s just me.

It makes each less of a chore but putting time limits on them makes them harder to remember and a bit more of a nuisance.

This is true, however I still feel it may be a little repetitive to have two of the exact same. The only difference is one asks to list your strengths and weaknesses. They both ask about your career before the VHL, all you have to do is include your strengths and weaknesses in your Junior Review and bam, you mixed them together by adding one paragraph.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

This is true, however I still feel it may be a little repetitive to have two of the exact same. The only difference is one asks to list your strengths and weaknesses. They both ask about your career before the VHL, all you have to do is include your strengths and weaknesses in your Junior Review and bam, you mixed them together by adding one paragraph.

You just described the rookie profile which we used to have.

Just now, Beketov said:

You just described the rookie profile which we used to have.

Perhaps consider returning to this? I feel that it would make more sense.

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Perhaps consider returning to this? I feel that it would make more sense.

I’ve been considering it for a bit. The S70 players were the first ones who could do all the career tasks and I don’t think any of them actually did them all. People think they want variety until they have it.

46 minutes ago, Beketov said:

To be honest by the time you hit like your 6th season you really don’t care about the extra 5 TPE, it’s just not worth it. Maybe that’s just me.

I'm all for this honestly. 

• Commissioner
Just now, GrittyIsKing09 said:

YES THIS,MILESTONE TPE, maybe not 100 games, but like 50 points or 50 GP

Handing the already good players more TPE so they can continue being good?

Honestly career milestones are in themselves a reward, not everything needs TPE attached to it. You had a 50 goal season? That’s awesome, be proud and hope to get some awards but frankly you don’t need bonus TPE for it.

Handing the already good players more TPE so they can continue being good?

Honestly career milestones are in themselves a reward, not everything needs TPE attached to it. You had a 50 goal season? That’s awesome, be proud and hope to get some awards but frankly you don’t need bonus TPE for it.

fair i guess.

I don't see a few uncapped making that big of an impact but yeah the good get better, what if it wasn't for a 50 goal season.. 50 career goals? 

Also what about forum/game achievements made up by the staff? Just thinking.. Be on 3 different teams, log in for so many days straight, 1-year medal.. Could be anything really

Edited by 16z

• Commissioner
59 minutes ago, 16z said:

I don't see a few uncapped making that big of an impact but yeah the good get better, what if it wasn't for a 50 goal season.. 50 career goals? 

Also what about forum/game achievements made up by the staff? Just thinking.. Be on 3 different teams, log in for so many days straight, 1-year medal.. Could be anything really

But why though? That’s my biggest thing. Just because people like TPE? Inflation is a thing that can get very out of hand very quickly so I don’t really like just handing people TPE for every little thing just because they want it. I see no reason “being active” (which is basically what those are) realistically deserves bonus TPE.

1 hour ago, 16z said:

That’s a sweet idea for some flair or badges or something to gamify things, not even for TPE

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

It's less this for me than it is just the fact that I don't like the new career tasks. Junior Review and Prospect Scouting Report are basically the same thing (I get that they're supposed to be different but "I want to build my player this way" leads to basically writing the same thing for "here's what my player did"). Rookie Experience and Veteran Presence are stupid because the rookie one is just 400 words of "hi I'm new, I hope I'm good someday" and the veteran one is...I don't even know what because talking about how you've improved and writing about "what it means to be a veteran" isn't even applicable to anyone outside of highly active first-gens because there isn't really anyone else who goes from being a noob to being a leader in a few seasons (regardless of how old their player is). Half of my Veteran Presence was just me complaining about how much I disliked writing it.

I think there's still some room for improvement with the current tasks, like if one or two could be overhauled and made into something better that would be nice. The way they are now, though, I'd much prefer the old rookie profile/bio.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:07 PM, bigAL said:

That’s a sweet idea for some flair or badges or something to gamify things, not even for TPE

This is actually a good idea.

Instead of the awards section on the player page, have career achievement badges or crests, including the awards and cups of course.  This is a video game program after all, just bits and bytes.

Would be cool to see some unique stuff there.