Team Asia Roster Announcement!

Alex

Before I get started here I just want to say Thank you to both the WJC commissioners @bigAL and @rjfryman for putting this whole thing together and I am sure that we're in for one of the best tournaments yet! I would also like to introduce my AGM @fromtheinside.

Without further to do I would like to introduce the S77 WJC TEAM ASIA!

Spoiler

lgo0DFrl.jpg

This forward core has shown themselves to be effective on both the sides of the puck. Lead by returning Team Asia players Shevkov and Strider, as well as WJC veterans like Braxton Hunter this group does not lack experience in the WJC. A one-two punch of Shevkov and Hobbs down the middle will greatly benefit the top 6, leading the 3rd line you'll see Brock Hampton who showed what he is capable of last season with Halifax. On the left side of the ice we have Strider, Myers, and Montana all of whom will surely be tough to stop. The right wing consists of Hunter who had a solid season for Prague last season, puck-moving forward Mariani, and VHL draft hopeful Johnston.

C - Evgeni Shevkov @Syzygy

C- Calvin Hobbs @2hawk

C- Brock Hampton @SamTwoSix

LW - Jon Strider @Strider

LW - Willy Myers @Willy Myers

LW - Braxton Hunter @dshervill

LW - Duncan Montana @124715

LW - Nicholas Mariani @Mistxh J

RW - Alex Johnston @Alex_J32

Spoiler

y1Ja0isl.jpg

Team Asia's defensive core is comprised of several veterans from both the VHL and VHLM including S77 20th overall pick Nixon Caldwell to lead this intimidating defence with an average height of 6'4". Both Caldwell and Kamkar showed what they are capable of last season in the VHLM and will hope to carry that style of play into the WJC. Grigorev is coming off of a solid season with Miami that saw them capture the Founder's cup. Lastly Iwasawa a S78 top prospect will have a chance to show the world what they are capable of.

D - Bahram Kamkar @Eagle Eye

D - Vasiliy Grigorev @Noxalpha

D - Nixon Caldwell @Kendrick

D - Masami Iwasawa @CrazyCaityCat

Spoiler

XOoI5sbl.jpg

In the crease for Team Asia we have returning goalie Andrew Bowman who is coming off of a solid season for Saskatoon, and top VHLM and VHL draft prospect Bastian Greiss.

G - Andrew Bowman @BrutalBoost

G - Bastian Greiss @ThatsGreissy

Congratulations to everyone who made the team, I cannot wait to work with each and every one of you. You will be informed of your roles in the Discord channel which will be linked below. Please DM or tag me once you're in so I can assign you to Team Asia!

- Alex

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/umk7hVH9 

Edited by Alex_J32