The Seabasstard, sad to leave the Wild but excited for draft.

Seabass

The Wild were well out of reach of the playoffs in S76 when The Seabasstard first arrived to the VHLM after the trade deadline. They played well enough to finish the year but still managed to miss the playoffs at the end of the year by 9 points. This year the team showed a lot more promise as they put up a whopping 50 wins, which was good enough to earn them the honors of being on top of the Western Conference at season's end. The team's special teams were strong and every line appeared to have chemistry playing together since the start of the season.  They had two players reach the coveted 100 point mark on the season as Duncan Montana and Griff MacKenzie lead the Wild's offense with 111 and 106 points respectively. The Wild also had a total of 6 players point per game players, which was more than any other team in the VHLM. Things were looking real good for the playoffs as everyone seemed to be clicking and despite their 3 game losing streak to finish off their season with, the Wild were heavily favored to beat the Las Vegas Aces come the first round of the VHLM playoffs. 

Sadly that's not how the series turned out as the Vegas were able to upset the Wild in 5 games.  It didn't even seem like they were the same team out there as they got consistently outshot by the Aces throughout that series. What did them in however was the fact that their PP and PK that was so strong throughout the regular season didn't replicate their success in the playoffs against the Aces.

WILD SPECIAL TEAMS

Reg. Season S77 / Powerplay: 22.09% Success Rate / Penalty Kill: 88.92% Success Rate

S77 Playoffs / Powerplay: 8.7% Success Rate / Penalty Kill: 69.77% Success Rate

Sadly, this is how The Seabasstard will wrap up his VHLM career as he's no longer eligible for the VHLM after hitting the 250 TPE cutoff mark. So for right now I'm officially homeless as I eagerly await the S78 VHL Draft to find out what city I'll call home next.

" I'd like to take a moment to say goodbye to the Wild Organization that has treated me very well since I've entered the league. I was ecstatic the day I found out that I was drafted here to Saskatoon after spending the tail end of S76 here as a end of season signee. I've learned so much during my time here and I'll always remember the impact the Wild has had on my future VHL career. So I'd like to thank @Doomsday and @a_Ferk for keeping me around these past few seasons and for taking me early in the draft despite the odds of me possibly only being here for a season. I also want to thank all of my teammates but specifically my former line mates, @TheCHEESEand Craig Martin @Craig we had some good chemistry playing together and I hope to able to recreate something like that in the big league.  It was also an honor to be able to get a chance to play with an old school VHL member like Nixon Caldwell @KendrickI'd also like to thank all my coaches, other Wild personnel and of course the owners of the team for supporting us during this amazing regular season. Good luck to everyone in your future VHL careers, hopefully some of us can cross paths again someday"

-The Seabasstard

The Seabasstard had a solid showing with the Wild going over a PPG over his career in the M.  When he first joined the team in S76, The Seabasstard showed promise right away as he collected 10 points in 12 games played, but he seemed to lack the confidence and looked hesitant to make higher risk plays on the ice. When the Wild were officially eliminated from playoff contention, The Seabasstard was given a chance to play on the team's top line to finish off the year and displayed the potential to be a good two way centerman in the league. 

The Seabasstard's S76 Reg. Season / 12 Games / 2 Goals / 8 Assists / 10 Pts / +2

The Seabasstard worked hard at the gym and hired a power skating coach during the offseason and showed up to training camp bigger and faster. He added 15 pounds of muscle to his small frame and showed a big improvement on his skates as his skating stride was more refined and it seemed like he gained a few steps. While the Seabasstard had the TPE to do so, he wasn't the explosive offensive threat you'd expect with such a high TPE total. Instead he was more of a all around player that excelled at many things but wasn't really elite at anything but taking draws in the faceoff circle. The Seabasstard was actually the best in the league on the draws since his arrival to the M. He led the league with a success rate on the draw of 64.25% which was really helpful to the Wild's penalty kill which ended the year with the best success rate in the league as well.  He ate up a lot of ice time playing against other team's top lines and did a reasonable job shutting them down but was still able to produce at a point per game rate.  After posting 2 goals in S76, Seabasstard blew other teams away with 34 goals and 81 points. 

The Seabasstard's S77 Reg. Season / 72 Games / 34 Goals / 47 Assists / 81 Points / +21

The Seabasstard had a solid showing during the only playoff series he's been in. He showed VHL scouts that he can show up when it matters most by posting 5 points over the five games and displayed that he can play playoff hockey with a little more edge as he threw 2 hits a game which was very unusual from the typically softer, small center man. He showed a lot of heart and continued to dominate the Aces on the draw improving to a success rate of 66.67%. It's just too bad it all ended up being a losing effort as the Wild got eliminated by the Las Vegas Aces 4 games to one. 

The Seabasstard's S77 Playoffs / 5 Games / 3 Goals / 2 Assists / 5 Points / +5

" I'm really looking forward to seeing where I'll end up going in the VHL Draft. I think I played well enough during my Wild stint to not only be noticed by VHL scouts but actively interviewed. I've already been interviewed by a few teams already in preparation for the draft and I'm hoping to not only be selected in the top 5 of this draft but top 3 even. I'll try not to let that go to my head too much though, ha ha.  In the end it's an honor to even be selected at the VHL draft and I would be happy to play for anyone that has enough faith in me to select me. "

-The Seabasstard

OVER 1000+ words good to two weeks worth of PT

Edited by Seabass

• Seabass changed the title to Perrin, sad to leave the Wild but excited for draft.

Review: Really nice job on this media spot mate. You do a really good job of giving the reader an overview of your players career and you give a nice amount of detail about who they played each season. The goodbye and thank you quote/speech you included gives the piece a more personal feel and makes this article that bit better. Overall, top, top job!

9.5/10

• Seabass changed the title to The Seabasstard, sad to leave the Wild but excited for draft.