Season 2 review

Vat

This is my second time writing my second season review and now I will cover: The drafts, compare season 1 to season 2 (with my new segment), and look at my season with the Mississauga Hounds and their season as well.

The S77 VHLM draft

In the S77 VHLM draft I was picked 3rd overall by Z (@Zetterberg), Z had a whopping 3 early picks in the draft (3,4,5) which is very good especially if you have 3,4 and 5.  When I woke up to see that I got drafted such early I was of course very happy but confused... At the time I got drafted by Helsinki I thought I wouldn't be playing in the VHLM anymore so I went to sleep right after I was drafted there (2 am), not knowing I was staying in the M until I had 250 tpe I was super confused on why I got a draft interview from RJ (Houston Bulls GM)( @rjfryman).  Looking back at this I sound super dumb for already having completed my first waiver year along with all the advice I got from everyone😂.  I am still very honored to be picked 3rd overall as that is one of the first times I felt like I had accomplished something big with my player as a result of me trying to earn as much tpe as I could.  Either way, I'm very happy that I got to go to Mississauga to meet all of the people there.

VgJl8JHQwS4XfSM4f89AX_pa_NU6HNkbxaerHu2j6GWXwKS3GCmUJ2an6PZkmjXU7PUIwOvWmnzAAD_r64Gp3iVNMB05X5ZGBHDYM0yyUggawptLp7aT0tLLCqUKYA6CzzgnPuHP(Me sleeping through the draft)

The S77 VHL draft 

Before the draft, I got a total of 4 VHL draft interviews (yes I counted) and I did not expect to go high in the draft at all but in the S77 VHL draft I was selected 12th overall by Jubo (@Jubo).  This was a big surprise for me as I thought I would be drafted in the second round, and several people in the VHL thought that I was a stud and should not have been drafted such early, and even I was surprised because I was the second lowest tpe player until pick 23.  Even people who were in Mexico with me were very surprised too.  I thought I would get drafted in the 2nd round and I don't really see why Helsinki selected a 162 tpe player at pick 12.  Now i'm very happy to join them next season as they are looking like a very fun group to join and be a part of and to get to know them as well as to make a name for myself in there.

fsDSBAnoUVgziYpm0mOxkDQymkAvoSGwLV-wed4z5jSVJYQWrxec4evBn7WkYUhbM0GEQpUQJK522OfweORV-AA-QjVuRtJXTm9yTdtGo0rctjuAgVumoZW1ZvJLmdXtsQAxz53z(Me being picked 12th overall)

Comparing time!

It's easy to say that this season was 10x times better than my last.  Not surprising as I had much more tpe but I still think I blew my expectations out of the water (by blew I mean very smol dynamite),  

Games played  Goals   Assists  Points   +/-

S76  (MEX)          62              4          12           6        13

Games played  Goals  Assists  Points   +/-

S77  (MIS)          72              41        54         95       58

I am very proud of how much better I have become this season and I feel accomplished and that my trying to earn and apply as much tpe as I can has started to pay off, these stats would have been impossible for me to achieve without the help from my linemates who have helped me with tons of these points.  I have to enjoy being this good for my league while it lasts because I'm willing to bet shaving my hair that I will not achieve these stats in the VHL next year, although I won't be as good I think I will be able to contribute to at least some points to help the Titans get to the playoffs.  And now it's time for my new segment......

Vat's math corner!

Here I will compare my stats from my past season and show how many % better I have become.  This is basically used for me to up my self-confidence.  Next time after my third season I will go minus a ton of % but whatever, the year after I will look better (i hope).

Now for my calculations. Goals: Last season: 4 This season: 41, %: 925% increase (SHEEEESH)
                                        Assists: Last season: 12 This season: 54, %: 350% increase
                                        Points: Last season: 16 This season: 95, %: ≈494% increase
                                        +/-: Last season: 13 This season: 58, %: ≈346% increase
                                        Games played: Last season: 62 This season: 72, %: ≈16% increase

I am very proud of my percentile increasement and now I feel like a much better player than I actually am.  Mission accomplished.  As I said before next season (first VHL season) I will look like a garbage dump.  But the season after that I will not look like a garbage dump.  Now it's time for my playoff stats!

Games played  Goals  Assists  Points
76 (MEX)            15               4          3            7

Games played  Goals  Assists  Points
77 (MIS)            15              9         10          19

More calculations!     Goals: Last season: 4 This season: 9, %: 125% increase
                                  Assists: Last season: 3 This season: 10, %: 233.33......% increase
                                  Points: Last season: 7 This season: 19, %: ≈171% increase

As with my regular season stats, I am proud of these too, and yet again my mission to make me look better than I actually am is finished! And I did finish in the top 3 of several categories in the playoffs which are: Points (tied for 1st,19P), goals (2nd,9G), shots (2nd,68), forwards (tied for 1st,19p), and game-winners (2nd,2GW)

EDKXiFzVAS9sJjkLV8EDB9zppHtbD1iCHTSR7WrlfzOonNu69qMt8nWu6dZpaxSzchlkJi99Ilusk9Dt_Ddb-xM03Y5RPPNApEN9PWRjc9UUVRvaY8JmqVnUp-oTEf7y0aj1m5je(Me calculating)

The Mississauga hounds season (along with mine)

Mississauga was without a doubt the powerhouse of this season.  3 early 1st round picks along with a good team base was the formula used to get this team.  We played an astonishing regular season with 62-10-0 as our record, this amazing performance granted us 7th place in the most wins in a regular season in the VHLM which is a clear power display to take into the playoffs.  At the end of the season, we were ahead of second place by a whopping 21 points and my player had 95 points (best in the team), 58 +/- (best in the league), and 9 game-winning goals (5th best in the league).  

In the playoffs we were matched up against Houston who was in the finals last year but did not win it so we knew it was not going to be four free wins.  We played some seriously good hockey and were able to win the series 4-1 and waiting there was Rory (@rory)and his Halifax.  He was super cocky that they were going to win the series against us and was talking smack.  For funs sake I screenshotted two of the very few times he talked smack and to mess with him I will show them.

DE6Ux3sWjCV50CXNyDN-DEMt-3kaqGAtg7NvCY6TrtDLaRO-cnj9V83N5aiCh8aGdYqpKyUOqmDrWzV_yF6diadCGx_ihk_MqtJdQzNvIk8ec4xJXixin5uyKE5a8ejad50YETGpKM4qbdZ9BsJpMT4KPdNxGpSA35qj6OC52rbSuXRYcBG-g1jempTAfVwj3G5Y5IAhZu3zous1rJVPoBj3OZHE59K986ogL25Bx1gNw9ocCMzLwuMDt-6ch4F2PCrhque1qy8t68yJ

Thats What You Get Lol GIF by Holly LoganKarma is a B

After beating Halifax 4-2 we were at the finals! The Miami Marauders stood as our opposition.  Unfortunately, Simon T did not want me to win back-to-back founder's cups so we got swept.  But either way, I am really proud of myself and the whole team plus the management this season and can't wait to eventually meet up with them once again.

1206 words claiming for week 5/9 and 5/16

Edited by Vat
forget to add a random smart person who could count

This is a very cool article @Vat! It had everything you want to see in article, details, funny stuff, pictures/GIFs, and was interesting to read.

9.75/10!