Helsinki GM Opening

Beketov

• Commissioner

I’m not sure if he has intentions to post a formal topic on the matter or not but @Jubo has indicated to the blue team that he will be stepping down from the GM job of the Helsinki Titans for the upcoming season. We would like to thank Jubo for this time at the helm of the Titans.

This does mean, however, that we are once again facing a GM spot opening in the league. Being a season removed from the last bunch we will not be using those old applications this time around so if you would like to be considered for taking over the GM job in Helsinki please let us know by responding below. Of note, given the timing of this, it is likely Jubo will still conduct the S78 draft since it’s unlikely that we will find a suitable candidate in that short timeframe.

*Please do not reach out to the commish team outside of this thread directly, we will approach you.*

**Please do not post to campaign for any of theapplicants or any other member. We are aware of who members are and their general qualifications.**

Thank you,

@Commissioner

Best of luck to everyone applying! It was a pleasure running the Titans for 9 seasons. So many great members I had the opportunity to work alongside. 8 trips to the playoffs and 3 finals appearances all thanks to the amazing members I had the honour of building a roster around. Vaakanainen will remain a Titan if the new GM wishes to keep me around and I’ll be around to assist with the transition in any way I can. Best of luck again all who are applying.

Edited by Jubo

I am applying!

Congrats on a fantastic career @Jubo. You were my 1st VHL GM. I wasn't feeling to good about the league as Quik decided to dip the season I moved up. You did a great job taking over, and I can thank you enough for leading me. 

I would love to apply for Helsinki. @Jubo was a hell of a fight with Seattle this year, seen no other post from ya but congrats on all of your successes! 

If you need any information above and beyond what y'all already have, DM me on discord :) thanks. 

Jubo - I said it in the continental post and privately, but respect given to you. You were a quieter GM but always responded ASAP and we always had good, constructive talks. You always had great teams and anytime we played you or you guys walked into the playoffs with ease, you had me on edge and a little nervous (a little more than a little) each time.

Good tenure. 3 times in the finals? Yeah, maybe losses but that’s impressive in the amount of time to make them. Thanks for the time and effort :cheers:

We will miss you Jubo! You have taught me so much! 

I am applying for Helsinki GM spot &  I have good VHL experience and have been on Helsinki many seasons as a player.  I am very familiar and have been part of the locker room for many seasons. It would be nice to be considered! 

I'm throwing my name in the hat!

@Jubo thanks for drafting me all those seasons ago and for bringing me back for the run.  Big shoes to fill, but I feel I can do this.

@McWolf needs to know

Just now, MattyIce said:

I'm throwing my name in the hat!

@Jubo thanks for drafting me all those seasons ago and for bringing me back for the run.  Big shoes to fill, but I feel I can do this.

@McWolf needs to know

Sure, I support you if you wanna become a GM yourself. London will survive. Good luck bud!

First of all, I want to thank @Jubo for giving me an opportunity to be a part of such a great team, both as a player and as an AGM. There are definitely big shoes to fill in Helsinki this offseason.

I'll be applying as well. I have some experience in a GM role and I've had 3 stints as an AGM (most recently with HSK) so I feel like I have the experience to take on this role.