Markinson Reviews Draft Destinations

STZ

Hard Markinson Reviews Draft Destinations

The draft is quickly approaching and Hard Markinson is shifting his attention from the VHLM to the VHL. The Mississauga Hounds season came to an end as they were swept in the Founder's Cup Finals by the Miami Marauders. Markinson did pick up a championship last season with Mexico City, but was hoping to win back-to-back before being drafted into the VHL. There has been a reported four teams that have contacted Hard leading up to the Draft. Two teams are outside the top five draft picks and two are inside the top five. The general consensus is that Markinson will likely go early in the draft, but the potential to be a locked-in top five pick. So with that being said I'm going to review the five destinations that Markinson can land on Thursday night.

1. Calgary Wranglers - @Ricer13

Calgary will be, as long as there are no trades, selecting first in the upcoming draft, as they won the Draft Lotto and gained the first overall pick. They are an up-and-coming team that I believe not only would be a good fit for Markinson, but would make a lot of sense as they get a franchise defenseman to build their team around. However, there are heavy ties with Calgary Management and the Patrik Tallinder Player Agency, so the obvious choice they would be making is Nils at 1st overall; a very well-rounded centerman who has loads of upside and very little risk. Had Calgary not won the lottery, Markinson might have been their man. While I have fond memories joining Calgary as an attempt to make a superteam with Draper, Higgins, Kendrick, and eagles, I don't think I'll hear my name called by Wranglers GM KRice this Thursday.

2/3. Moscow Menace - @Spartan

How fitting would it be, for once again an STZ player to land on 2nd Overall. Rhett DeGrath, Unassisted, Benny Graves, and now possibly Hard Markinson could land on the #2 pick. Damn, that would be a great trivia question.. (@Victorcan I have uncapped TPE for that?).. I could see Markinson landing here as it makes sense for a depth chart fit, after Moscow had an incredible draft last season landing Duncan Idaho and Paul Atreides. This would add yet another high-potential prospect to their already stacked team. We could see Moscow once again rising to the top of the league as a dominant dynasty.

4. London United - @McWolf

This would be the #4 pick as Moscow has both 2 and 3. This would be an interesting fit as London is a competing team who gain this pick from Riga. It would be a very interesting fit, and Markinson could fit into a 2nd pairing spot on a playoff contender. If Markinson drops to #4 I think it would be bittersweet landing on a team ready to make another run.

5. Davos Dynamo HC - @GustavMattias

Not sure if this is a fit, as they just landed their star defenseman last season in Reinhart. They are likely looking to add to their future around Taro up front. However, if Markinson was available at the five pick, I'm sure Davos would either take the physical defender or trade the pick off.

Other Teams

I've always been a member that is loyal to a team when they show that they A. want my player, and B. has good intentions for my player and the team as a whole. With that being said, if a team was to trade up and land a pick to take Markinson, I would be super happy and be committed to that team. I definitely can't see that happening as the two teams outside the top five that reached out to me, aren't in the market to sell the farm. However, if it happen, it would be a pretty cool thing to see.

Edited by STZ

7 minutes ago, STZ said:

4. London United - @McWolf

This would be the #4 pick as Moscow has both 2 and 3. This would be an interesting fit as London is a competing team who gain this pick from Riga. It would be a very interesting fit, and Markinson could fit into a 2nd pairing spot on a playoff contender. If Markinson drops to #4 I think it would be bittersweet landing on a team ready to make another run.

threaten @Spartan to retire if he picks you and we'll make the run happen

• Admin
41 minutes ago, STZ said:

How fitting would it be, for once again an STZ player to land on 2nd Overall. Rhett DeGrath, Unassisted, Benny Graves, and now possibly Hard Markinson could land on the #2 pick. Damn, that would be a great trivia question.. (@Victorcan I have uncapped TPE for that?)

I think I actually have a similar record.... we are cursed to never be 1st overall.

Although the feels of being tagged in the Moscow section but not for any Moscow reason 😢