Lets Play a (Boring) Game

ke1vi

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

This is fun.

Any Shortbus player sigs? @McKelvie Dubnikovs, Brunnstrom, Zimmers? (I just read the 20 in 20 article on this recently)

EDIT: Also, how about some of your own player sigs? :P

lol I found a few Zimmers ones in mine;

A7efVG1.png

B7cPppc.png

• Admin
4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Even this is too far into the future, haha. If I could remember 8ovechkin8's previous player name that could be possible... @Victor? You should be in this thread anyway.

Jesse Jussal but think too new for mckelvie and v2 as well

My submission is Brooks.

7 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This is fun.

Any Shortbus player sigs? @McKelvie Dubnikovs, Brunnstrom, Zimmers? (I just read the 20 in 20 article on this recently)

I didn't make sigs for them, but I do remember making a (very 2008) meme about Zimmers being "rich". 

ZimmersMeme4.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds  ZimmersMeme3.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Sandro was my teammate in Avangard, so I guess this one counts:

havoc2.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

@JardyB10 Was Dubnikov that goalie that was telling everyone he was going to the Q? I think his IRL name was Manship. 

8 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This is fun.

VHL

l6UaMsx.png

5jU37rP.png

9rZDGl8.jpg

janlu60.png

CBM79VH.png

SK4Qzyi.png

6v6dGgl.png

ivCawq7.png

hCnU9rb.png

1iIIRJi.jpg

flKUwQw.png

BONUS LEAGUES

USHL

This was for Zimmers' league that lasted about a month, went through one season and was 100% rigged.

XJaysHR.png

OSHL

Boulet & Scotty's league that folded because scotty's PS2 crashed, thus the VHL was born.

BQEV35h.jpg

Gg65Q9E.gif

WWSL/WWHL? 

I can't really remember these leagues, but they were ran by VHLers that folded once the VHL started. I'm pretty sure Slobodzian ran it.. Maybe @Beketov?? How's your memory Sharpe? 

iIxAAce.jpg

kHx5GRQ.jpg

9Bpgmu7.jpg

6 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Singh was in Intranquilo's class so this confirms to me that my timeline and v.2's just narrowly didn't overlap.

However, I'll go with two older players I've been made aware of through newer players:

Gunnar-Rune Rorvik and Sebastien Perrin

Wow, another guy I didn't expect to get mentioned.

This was my last sig before I took the hiatus. It's from April 2009. 

uCmNbHf.png

@diamond_ace your name looks very familiar. I hung around the VHL for the community until about late 2011/early 2012, so almost 3 years after my last played. we may have some overlap in the Off-Topic discussion forum at least. 

1 hour ago, McKelvie said:

Wow, another guy I didn't expect to get mentioned.

This was my last sig before I took the hiatus. It's from April 2009. 

uCmNbHf.png

@diamond_ace your name looks very familiar. I hung around the VHL for the community until about late 2011/early 2012, so almost 3 years after my last played. we may have some overlap in the Off-Topic discussion forum at least. 

@Seabass

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, McKelvie said:

Maybe @Beketov?? How's your memory Sharpe? 

I don't recall who ran them but it definitely wasn't me.

2 hours ago, McKelvie said:

@JardyB10 Was Dubnikov that goalie that was telling everyone he was going to the Q? I think his IRL name was Manship. 

He was indeed Manship. Though I think Tyler was also a Dubnikov.

Any sigs for Mike Szat?

Edited by JardyB10

10 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Ah yes I remember rocking this sig for quite a while actually even though it had my name spelt wrong haha. Probably around the time when I played in the M for the Toledo Scorpions (im old apparently). 

That's taking me way back, Thanks for sharing @McKelvie

(quoted the wrong post)

Edited by Seabass

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Any sigs for Mike Szat?

They both made Dubnikov’s

• Commissioner
12 hours ago, McKelvie said:

This was for Zimmers' league that lasted about a month, went through one season and was 100% rigged.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually spoken with anyone who was on that team, at least not in the last decade. Didn’t Robbie’s team only lose like 2 games that season or something? Was he super obvious in the locker room that it was rigged because it was pretty clear to everyone else anyway haha.

On the plus side it was there that I was linked to the VHL so that worked out.

3 hours ago, Quik said:

@McKelvie @v.2 got any Pogge or Snelheid sigs? 😛 (other than the one with the JC about Pogge lmao)

10 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Any sigs for Mike Szat?

I'll change the game now.

I don't have many other players left for newer folks to guess, so I'm going to dump the rest of them here and you guys can tell me the username (or real name) of the player. I'll start off with some incredible easy ones ;) 

ALT13be.jpg

LOaQ0Ah.png

jO87txa.png

AplcWA0.png

nB0UWHd.png

uQ3sZ5C.png

9dNtWcA.png

vWg7ygD.jpg

Biblnal.png

M6utKwK.png

ySikynx.png

IWGKXYV.png

HH44Hvh.png

nAKr2HF.png

fq2P5if.png

Uo2pMpD.png

7AtlBOv.png

8UWWtA9.png

12 hours ago, McKelvie said:

OSHL

Boulet & Scotty's league that folded because scotty's PS2 crashed, thus the VHL was born.

Iirc, scottys league that was the precursor to VHL was ESHL. I think @JeffD found an archive of the old standings page

• Commissioner
25 minutes ago, Quik said:

Iirc, scottys league that was the precursor to VHL was ESHL. I think @JeffD found an archive of the old standings page

ESHL was before the OSHL, it ran for quite a bit longer. OSHL only ran for I think 2 or 3 seasons.

• Commissioner
35 minutes ago, McKelvie said:

Yup, Jardy is right. Andrei and maybe Pavel? 

Pavel definitely sounds right. Can’t for the life of me recall which is which kind you but one was Manship and one was Tyler.

Actually wait, @Tyler are you still around any? Which one were you?

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Pavel definitely sounds right. Can’t for the life of me recall which is which kind you but one was Manship and one was Tyler.

Actually wait, @Tyler are you still around any? Which one were you?

Tyler was a Habs fan and that was peak Andrei Kostitsyn era so I assume he was Andrei Dubnikov. 

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

ESHL was before the OSHL, it ran for quite a bit longer. OSHL only ran for I think 2 or 3 seasons.

I don't think the OSHL had one game. I remember scotty telling me on MSN Messenger (LOL) that his (or Boulets) PS4 crashed and a new league  was in the works using SimonT. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, McKelvie said:

Tyler was a Habs fan and that was peak Andrei Kostitsyn era so I assume he was Andrei Dubnikov. 

That would make sense. I also remember Pavel more and I spoke to Manship a lot more than Tyler.

Deductive reasoning!

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, McKelvie said:

I don't think the OSHL had one game. I remember scotty telling me on MSN Messenger (LOL) that his (or Boulets) PS4 crashed and a new league  was in the works using SimonT. 

Maybe it wasn’t more than a season but it definitely had games, I remember them pretty distinctly. I wonder if I can find it on the way back machine.

Edit: doesn’t look like I can find the link as easy as the OG VHL one so I’m guessing I can’t find any archives of it. I’m sure we had some games though.

59 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Maybe it wasn’t more than a season but it definitely had games, I remember them pretty distinctly. I wonder if I can find it on the way back machine.

Edit: doesn’t look like I can find the link as easy as the OG VHL one so I’m guessing I can’t find any archives of it. I’m sure we had some games though.

what kind of O.G VHL stuff do you have access too? 

1 hour ago, Seabass said:

Ah yes I remember rocking this sig for quite a while actually even though it had my name spelt wrong haha. Probably around the time when I played in the M for the Toledo Scorpions (im old apparently). 

That's taking me way back, Thanks for sharing @McKelvie

(quoted the wrong post)

Hey, I’m Scorpions alum too! For like 30 games or something like that. @scoop was my very first GM with that tactical waiver claim.

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, McKelvie said:

what kind of O.G VHL stuff do you have access too? 

Not much but the main page from like S2 is archived on the wayback machine. I’ve posted it on this forum before but I can’t remember where at the moment. You can’t see many posts mind you, it’s mostly just the main page.